Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva Car Hire - Swiss or French side/discount codes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Arriving at Geneva on Saturday 17th March for a week skiing (somewhere, not sure where yet) and need to hire a car!

Is it cheaper from the French or Swiss side of the airport?

Who is best/cheapest to use for a small car?.....does anyone have any discount codes etc?

Cheers all
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Historically cheaper on the French side, but if you are intending to use the Swiss Autoroutes at all (even the handful of km from the border to the airport) you will have to pay the 40 chf for the vignette, which might wipe out your savings.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The last time I rented a car from Geneva airport it was 30% cheaper from the French side. The car already had a vignette so I did not need to buy one, but even so getting from the airport to France is easy. However getting back needs some navigation skill. As does negotiating the airport (for some reason you end up in the baggage reclaim area!)

I suggest you visit the car hire brokers such as argus car hire and see what they quote.

John
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We use www.carrentals.co.uk , they compare loads of different car hire brokers and companies. The French side of Geneva is usually the cheapest to hire from but renting from the Swiss side has other advantages.
If you do a forum search you will find lots of threads regarding the pros and cons.

At the moment 5 seat people carriers are good value from the French side, about the same price as an economy car.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A bit late for your trip, but I've been asking the same question as planning a trip in Jan 2013 and have searched in google, we found this pretty useful - http://www.rhinocarhire.com/Car-Hire-Blog/July-2012/Which-Side-of-Geneva-Airport.aspx
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
speedy, Try www.autoeurope.co.uk they will sort out the best deal among the car hire companies at Geneva Airport (or indeed anywhere in Europe) They always get great deals, even in the 'higher' seasons. Have just used them last week as my Swiss car was off the road and got a great deal. The cars hired from the Swiss side will all have Vignettes, so you don't have to pay an extra 40CHF for one.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry, mistake - its auto-europe.co uk
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy