Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski insurance for non EU residents?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm Welsh, but have recently moved to Vietnam. I'm going skiing in France (on/off piste) pre Xmas, and Japan in late Jan. I'm having problems booking ski insurance, as I don't live in UK or EU. Anyone had similar problems, or have a solution? Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you are seriously injured, where do you want to be repatriated back to? If the UK, then I'm sure you could find a UK-based insurer that would cover you as that is a risk they would understand: you could possibly say you lived at your mums Happy You'll almost certainly need to speak to a real person and not just rely online.

But if you wanted to be repatriated back to Vietnam, then I think you are going to have to find a vietnam-based insurer. Ask your bank??
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the advice Rob. It'll be UK repatriation potentially, so I suppose I'd better get on the phone.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RobW, Possibly dodgy advice as on claims the handlers are likely to want to see proof of travel. If they see a trip not originating from UK then it's a big flag for them to reject the claim.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
billymahoney, UK insurers tend to have a 6 month rule... you need to have been resident in the UK for at least 6 months before purchase. And I'd strongly advise against pretending you "live at your mums" - if, in the event of a huge claim, all is investigated you might find your claim rejected. World Nomads might be able to help. Otherwise there are some US insurers that insure non-US residents but you'd best explain the wish to be repatriated to the UK in the event of a nasty.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob wrote:
RobW, Possibly dodgy advice as on claims the handlers are likely to want to see proof of travel. If they see a trip not originating from UK then it's a big flag for them to reject the claim.
exactamundo.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RobW, Laughing what was that you said to me yesterday about reading Ts&Cs?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatbob, Bode Swiller, Agreed, that's why the smiley and why I said:
Quote:

You'll almost certainly need to speak to a real person and not just rely online.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There are a few UK insurers that do let you specify non-UK residence, but repatriation will be to that residence, and also trips must start from there too. One I used to use pulled that non-UK residence bit (but still spams me weekly trying to get me to renew rolling eyes ). Think most of the ones I saw were only for EU/EEA and select other countries. Think my current policy is worldwideinsure plus ADAC top of the range EU membership, which has pretty decent car/driver repatriation etc. in the event of injury/accident etc. (no use for Vietnam, but might be of interest to Brits on the mainland EU).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
billymahoney, you will have to get a policy in your country of residence. There are global policies about i believe, but they are seriously expensive and usually employee perks for expats.

I suggest you contact someone like HSBC. That's who i use in HK. They are pretty good, as unlike in the UK there are almost no exclusions. The only thing i can't do is pilot a commercial jet. But off piste without a guide - not a problem!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
billymahoney, you will have to get a policy in your country of residence. There are global policies about i believe, but they are seriously expensive and usually employee perks for expats.

I suggest you contact someone like HSBC. That's who i use in HK. They are pretty good, as unlike in the UK there are almost no exclusions. The only thing i can't do is pilot a commercial jet. But off piste without a guide - not a problem!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy