Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
Rain up to about 1800 metres today, wet snow above. Much quieter at Scheidegg today - it wasn’t particularly pleasant. Skies cleared late this afternoon to reveal a super view of the Jungfrau.

The good news is that it’s a bit colder, +5C in the village this afternoon and falling fast.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What a brilliant picture - having withdrawal symptoms - havent been for 7 or 8 years
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A little snow at village level overnight.

Up at Scheidegg it had snowed maybe 15cm. The piste crew had been out early making sure the easier runs were nice and smooth for the kids. Much improved conditions, and colder temperatures than of late.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Best days skiing in weeks great new snow blue sky and cold temperatures
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Incident over at First today around mid day. Small avalanche came down onto the blue piste below First top station. Clearly there was quite a commotion with pisteurs back and too.
Unable to find any information in the papers. It is to be hoped that nobody was hurt but when 2 helicopters arrive on scene one can only assume that a major incident has been called.
In other news , the fresh snow was magnificent and a terrific day was had.....let's hope for a few more!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Rogerdodger, some years ago I noticed that a very small region of snow had just recently slid across the blue cat track going from the First top station, and reported it to the liftie at Shreckfeld. However the incident you report sounds much bigger, as you say let's hope nobody was hurt.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 20-02-24 19:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Rogerdodger, Not heard anything on the ski school chat. Hopefully the helis were just a precaution.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Massive solar farm planned for Mürren. The Gemeinde has released plans for a huge solar installation on Schiltgrat.

Proposed start is later this year, completion in 2030. Will provide 14GWh per year, enough for the entire community of Lauterbrunnen, Wengen and Mürren. In all, 20,000 PV modules will be installed.

More details:
https://www.lauterbrunnen.ch/_docn/4974277/Brosch%C3%BCre_SchiltSolar.pdf

I can see this proposal stirring up quite a bit of debate!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hello all, I am heading to the Jungfrau region next weekand I have no idea which skis to bringI know it has not been the best year snowfall wise but snow is on the way. My question is which ski do I bring, powder skis, all mountain skis, or a pair of carving skis? I would like to do some off piste if the snow conditions permit, but I am not sure how the snow pact is in the higher elevations. any advise would be helpful.

Thank You
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@passkey, welcome to Snowheads!

All mountain skis would be my choice. The weather is unsettled at the moment, and the snow is quite variable. If we get a huge snow dump you can always rent some powder skis.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well, I really hope that MeteoSwiss is accurate. Walked through a very wet miserable Mürren this afternoon. It was so bad resorted to beer! An excellent pint of Schwarze Monch in the Eiger guesthouse.
As I crossed the road to the station I thought, I can go anywhere in the UK for rain, Scotland, Lake district, Wales.....I live in N. Wales! I don't need heavy rain in the Swiss Alps!!!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Rogerdodger, at least you found some nice beer Very Happy Just walked home from Rocks in horizontal sleet and a howling wind. Similar thoughts to yours.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@telford_mike, horizontal sleet at 1274m that is most encouraging!
My reference to accuracy from MeteoSwiss, they suggested the temperature would start dropping significantly from 2100/2200 last night. It looks as if this is exactly what occurred.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It was rain/sleeting in Murren on Monday morning at 8.30. Snowing at Birg. Every one must have stayed in bed as we lapped Riggli and Piz G all morning. Cable car was empty and no waiting. Boot top fresh tracks all day! Very Happy Sharks under Riggli chair and a bit warm and sticky in the afternoon but great fun and views to die for as the cloud cleared.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snow cannons running on the run down to Innerwengen. It’s been much colder today, but I can’t remember snowmaking this late in the season in the past. (Awful photo - ancient phone).

latest report
@telford_mike, snow cannons are running at Bodmi and on the black down to Bort. I guess it's that last push to make snow before the cut off?
snow conditions
@Fatchance13, Welcome to Snowheads! Yeah I guess it’s one last blast before the end of the month. Notice the run down to Brandegg is closed this morning, maybe cannons running along there too.
ski holidays
More to do with temperatures being cold enough to run the guns lower down.Tonight is cold also
snow report
Sunny and cold at Männlichen today, snow is firm and grippy. Quite busy with the weekend crowds.

It clouded over later on, so maybe some weather is on the way.
ski holidays
The crowds are gone. No queues anywhere today, and pistes were quiet. Very enjoyable skiing at Männlichen this morning, despite the gloomy skies.

It was windy at Scheidegg, and Wixi chair was closed for a while.
snow report
We`re skiing from Friday onwards. Looks like some snow on the way?
ski holidays
@Deedee, it does look pretty unsettled next weekend, so fingers crossed! Snow was ok today, but poor visibility everywhere. Very few people around though.
latest report
A lovely, sunny day today, or so we thought. A föhn wind caused the closure of the Wixi chair, meaning that half the mountain was inaccessible to those unwilling to get the train back up from the Wengen side of the hill. This led to long queues around Scheidegg.

It was a shame, as the snow was good. At least Männlichen was unaffected by the wind.
snow report
Everything closed today. Do you get a refund on your ski pass if it's closed?
snow report
@Deedee, First side is open and the train is running up to alpiglen. I would assume as they are running services there would be no refund
snow report
Lifts from Winteregg across to Mürren have just opened.
ski holidays
@telford_mike, thanks for the earlier Weißbier recommendation, the Schneider Weisse I’m currently drinking makes up for the closed links!
snow conditions
@Orwell, Enjoy!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@telford_mike, Was it high wind that closed the lifts? Web cam for Mannlichen doesn't show fresh snow as far as I can see
latest report
@DCG, yes, winds were 160km/h up high today. Too warm for snow.
snow conditions
telford_mike wrote:
@DCG, yes, winds were 160km/h up high today. Too warm for snow.

Oh dear...
There was me hoping you had received some of the storm that Italy seems to be getting
Out there on Saturday, so fingers crossed for a drop in temps and some snow
latest report
Arrived yesterday (windy Sunday) for the week. How are the blues (and friendly reds) and conditions on First? Looks like finally some snow on Tuesday and Wednesday…..
snow report
Thinking of coming out and staying in Interlaken Easter Weekend. Has it been a poor season snow wise and any magic ball guesses for the end of March? What's the off piste skiing like?
snow report
Afternoon @Medskisphilly, just spent the morning on First, it was quite superb despite very foggy cloudy conditions. One main advantage was empty pistes which made things easy.
In addition they had had about 5 - 10 mm of fresh snow. To be clear mm not cm!
Believe it or not, this had freshened the top surface nicely. No hesitation in recommending you ski over there. Where are you staying?
Welcome to Snowheads!
ski holidays
@archors, it is worth a punt. It has been very poor season for snow. As of 1640 Monday the
Off piste is non-existant. We have snow forecast for tomorrow and Wednesday, this will alter the outlook significantly.
snow report
Foggy all day today, so no photos. Snow good on piste though. Top of Lauberhorn right now. What a shot from the webcam!

Snow tomorrow? Currently +4C in Wengen. Fingers crossed.
snow report
Another day of poor visibility but there is snow in the village!
latest report
Rogerdodger wrote:
Afternoon @Medskisphilly, just spent the morning on First, it was quite superb despite very foggy cloudy conditions. One main advantage was empty pistes which made things easy.
In addition they had had about 5 - 10 mm of fresh snow. To be clear mm not cm!
Believe it or not, this had freshened the top surface nicely. No hesitation in recommending you ski over there. Where are you staying?
Welcome to Snowheads!

Thanks much for the info. We (7) are at The Derby (stayed here in ‘ 17…SO convenient) so far only made one short run on Blue 22 to Arven from K S, could not see a thing!!! I quit… but a few stayed on….. that was Monday. Today we tried Eiger Express with no intent to ski…winter walked with poles on #68. Did Tourism office Culinary and History tour this pm. If we cant see tomorrow, its on to Interlaken for a few of us but THE skiers will certainly try Kl. Scheidegg. Thursday we are all hopeful for a great day, perhaps Piz Gloria as a goal and skiing….First on Friday?? On to Zermatt on Saturday where I am a group leader for 26 next week (not to be confused with skiing leader Eh oh! ! Having fun but sorry about the fog which just is not quite cooperating for our ski adventures.
ski holidays
Looks like you've had a really good top-up in the last 24 hours. Hopefully, it will stay cold. Would love to hear what it's like on the ground
snow report
@DCG, yes, a really good snowfall. Reported amounts:

Wengen 1250 metres, 30cm (our garden),
Mürren 1650 metres, 50cm from @Chris Brookes who is there this week,
Kleine Scheidegg / Männlichen 2100 metres, 60cm as per Jungfraubahnen.

Birg currently closed, also top lifts at First. Avi 3.

It’s still snowing.

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy