Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
It really is. Admittedly, it takes me about 90 minutes to reach the slopes, but I can live with that.

Will probably do a trip resort specifically for Interlaken as a base for Jungfrau region for future reference for others.

Right, best get up and get to rest to head to Mürren to see how much did they got at Schiltorn overnight. Might try myself to the James Bond Brunch for 25CHF too Cool
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jebroni3_16 wrote:
It really is. Admittedly, it takes me about 90 minutes to reach the slopes, but I can live with that.

I see that the Winterlaken card is also available for several hotels in Wilderswil which would be a somewhat shorter journey to the slopes. Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm at Balmers in Matten so it's only 3 minutes further on the bus, but I don't think I clocked that when I was exploring the options.

I was surprised the First gondola took 25 minutes to get up, but I guess it's not quite as modern as the Eiger Express.

It definitely wouldn't be suitable as a base for everyone, but for someone cheap and cheerful traveling on their own, it has definitely worked for me.

Only a 15 minute walk from here to the excellent wellness area at Bödelibad too. It's Ladies Only from 18:00 - 21:30 tonight though!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Apologies for brevity, but any pistes to head for or avoid as a boarder on the Schiltorn side of Jungfrau region?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another good day up at Scheidegg, Lauberhorn busy as it’s the first part of the area to get the sun in the morning.

Had lunch in the Scheinerei cafe at Eigergletscher. Their latest offer is loaded fries with a good choice of toppings. Inexpensive (CHF16) and delicious.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I used my Winterlaken Card to get the James Bond Brunch at Piz Gloria restaurant for 25CHF instead of 35. My first proper meal of the week and well worth the money.

In response to my own question, I'd suggest all avoid the runs off Gimmeln by Schiltgrat. I was advised to go there by an Aussie (who claimed to be Swiss) skier (who claimed to also be a boarding instructor). Won't make that mistake again.

Turns out the red and black runs he suggested were closed (yesterday, presumably still today) and Blue 23, which was open, had big holes in it in parts where grass was completely exposed.

I've never seen that on an open piste before. Some brown snow perhaps, but not actually visible patches of grass. Almost came a cropper on a couple of them because they were hidden by the little rollers.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Decent snowfall last night - 15cm according to the Jungfraubahn.

Half term holidays have started, and it’s getting busy.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks like a nice sunny week.

Temp in village at the moment is minus 2C.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
telford_mike wrote:
Decent snowfall last night - 15cm according to the Jungfraubahn.

I had a quiet word and left it all behind for you due to your general helpfulness and knowing how much you'd need it with the incoming holiday hordes.

You're welcome Little Angel
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@jebroni3_16, Very Happy Very Happy

Fire in the engine room of the Schilt chairlift at Grindelwald First:

https://www.jungfrauzeitung.ch/artikel/207234/

Good skiing all the way back to the village.

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sometimes we just need to stop and take it all in.
I was early for the 15:12 train from Wengen. Standing on the station sunshine on my face looking up at Jungfrau , quite simply has to be one of the most fabulous spots in the Alps!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The fine weather continues - day after day of unbroken sunshine and mild temperatures.

It’s high season and the area is busy. Despite having had no new snow for a few weeks the pistes are holding up well.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Continuing on from @telford_mike, report and picture. We skied across the First area (Grindelwald) this morning. My report from there is not favourable. Schilt chair is out of action for the foreseeable. A serious loss to the area. Further across the pistes around Hohwald t-bar are rapidly coming to a closure.
All a bit disappointing when reporting on St Valentines day.......the middle of February!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I noticed that Gimmeln t-bar at Mürren closed today.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi - we’re on the train from Basel and very much looking forward to a week in Lauterbrunnen. Can anyone recommend particular ski areas/runs that are currently good please? It looks from the above that First is best avoided until new snow arrives (maybe Wednesday?). We’re a family of 4 skiers and happy with anything on piste. Thanks in advance!
snow report
@JProsski, Männlichen / Kleine Scheidegg is fine at the moment, with 77km open.
latest report
Talking to fellow Snowhead Colin Stone yesterday he reported that Mürren Birg was in super condition with very few skiers up there!
snow conditions
Thanks both - will head to Mürren today, Kleine tomorrow, Junfraujoch on Tuesday and then see what the rest of the week brings!
snow report
Video of how the new Stechelberg-Mürren-Birg-Schilthorn lifts will look when the Schilthornbahn 20XX project currently under construction is complete. https://fb.watch/iUF4dZSgzy/
latest report
Some fresh snow today.

The good news is that the mild weather has come to an end - it was minus 9 at Scheidegg this morning. Village quieter now - it was bedlam last week.
ski holidays
Some of the best skiing of the season fabulous grippy pistes and wonderful weather all week.
snow conditions
New webcams located on the construction sites of Stechelberg and Murren for the Schilthorn cableway 20XX -

https://schilthorn.roundshot.com/stechelberg/#/

https://schilthorn.roundshot.com/muerren/#/
ski holidays
Nice today. Lauberhorn. Pistes good.

Weather forecasts are all over the place for the next few days - anything could happen.
ski holidays
Must confess to scepticism when I read @Jill t, on Fri evening.
I can only confirm/endorse Jill's report, skied this morning and the pistes are in fantastic condition.
Skiing Kleine Scheidegg to Grund a couple of times.
snow report
Männlichen good today, pistes are well prepared, and just as importantly the crowds have gone.

The weather forecast is still uncertain, but today it was mild and sunny and tomorrow looks similar.
latest report
Not sure if this is winter, the thermometer hit a balmy 15c this afternoon in sunny Lauterbrunnen!
latest report
from Friday...all change...winter returns!!
snow conditions
A new experience for me on Tuesday - I was comprehensively wiped out by a teenager on Männlichen. The pair of us hurtled at least 50 metres down the hill before we eventually came to a halt. I had to swallow my pride and admit that I needed the SOS.

It was a big hit, and I was in shock for half an hour, but after a thorough examination at the doctors in Wengen I seem to have got away with nothing more than 3 cracked ribs.

So that’s my season done, but Mrs t_m has been testing skis all week and has bought a new (and very green) pair of Stöckli Montero AX's. Doubtless she'll chip in with a few pics while I'm recovering.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@telford_mike, sorry to hear that. Get well soon.
latest report
@telford_mike, sorry to hear Mike but you are lucky to have only 3 cracked ribs. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
snow conditions
@Hurtle, @Chris Brookes, thanks guys Smile
snow conditions
@telford_mike, so sorry to hear this news, I wish you a speedy and comfortable recovery.
How did the other party fare?
snow report
@Rogerdodger, Thanks - other party was a teenage girl - she was also in shock for a while, but managed to get up and ski off after some attention from the SOS guy. Teenagers bounce better than 64 year-olds I guess.
ski holidays
Well, no real volume of new stuff up at Kleine Scheidegg this morning but the new stuff certainly freshened it all up massively.
If it snows through tonight tomorrow could be exceptional.
snow report
TO BE fair this year i have had several near misses. Maybe the lack of runs has condensed everyone. Just back home after 5 great weeks.
Much too warm and i missed so many of my runs. Snow making on Black rock next year so thats something to look forward to
snow conditions
Novelty today, skiing in a blizzard. Wow was it good to experience some fresh snow.
All extremely wind blown coupled with some very poor visibility made for a challenging day.
Pleased to report that we did not see people skiing daft lines in what is elevated avalanche danger.
On the avalanche thread it's sad to report this region had a fatality over near Lobhorn, person was buried/ injured on Sunday subsequently dying yesterday.
snow report
The powder day at last! More snow through the night and lovely cold temperatures across Kleine Scheidegg this morning.
Mid week powder is always welcome as it does not get tracked out at all. Sunshine and visibility remained good all day.
Difficult to gauge the depths due to the wind distribution from yesterday but the better aspects probably 25-30cm.
snow conditions
Considering the dry winter ,ski area has been remarkably good all season ,its a compliment to JB for the work and investment they have put into the snow making here
A snow sure resort even in a dry winter
latest report
telford_mike wrote:
A new experience for me on Tuesday - I was comprehensively wiped out by a teenager on Männlichen. The pair of us hurtled at least 50 metres down the hill before we eventually came to a halt. I had to swallow my pride and admit that I needed the SOS.

It was a big hit, and I was in shock for half an hour, but after a thorough examination at the doctors in Wengen I seem to have got away with nothing more than 3 cracked ribs.

So that’s my season done, but Mrs t_m has been testing skis all week and has bought a new (and very green) pair of Stöckli Montero AX's. Doubtless she'll chip in with a few pics while I'm recovering.

Bit late noticing and sorry to hear this, but also mightily received that it didn't prove any more serious, especially for you, but also your accidental assailant!

Out of interest, I assume you have a season pass? If so, do you also pay for the Ski Care insurance that's offered with the lift passes. How was the issue of the potential costs of care on the mountain dealt with?
latest report
@jebroni3_16, thanks for the good thoughts Very Happy

Yes, I have a season pass. Despite not being able to ski, it’s still useful as it covers all the local public transport. I don't buy the Ski Care cover - I have Swiss health insurance which includes accident cover. All you need do is flash your health insurance card when you get to the doctors (or hospital, or wherever). Also have Rega, which hopefully I'll never need.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy