Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who's going to Italy this year and feeling left out ?! (by the snow)

Poster: A snowHead
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

The first B****y time I book Italy (Selva) and every f****** elsewhere has new snow and Italy does not !

Forecast looks grim too, does anyone know how long it would take to get from Selva val gardena to Austria Shocked ?

RANT over.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2planks wrote:
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Forecast looks grim too, does anyone know how long it would take to get from Selva val gardena to Austria Shocked ?

RANT over.

About 40 minutes to the train station at Waidbruck, then about 2 hours to Innsbruck

You don't actually mention when you are going? I wouldn't be panicking unless I was going this coming weekend. In fact I think they have already opened some slopes in Selva with man made snow!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not panicking Jimmy, off on the 14/01/12, just feeling left out Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Same here, Mrs.D has wanted to hit selva for a few years and we've booked to stay in val di fassa on the 24th. Its a dry as a nuns crotch.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
off to claviere 2nd Jan

The webcams all show todays date and lots of white stuff - or is it just a ploy to get us to go

claviere is in fritaly or maybe francely anyhow - as its so close to france so maybe it will drift over the border !
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Cervinia seems to have a fair bit of snow already... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
with you all the way!
we are going to aosta january 29th- so have a bit longer to hold out for that magic dump of the white stuff to hit.......... we've been skiing in italy for years and never seen this, even last year the resorts we went to were more then fine, in fact we were in pila at the beginning of march and saw 2ft of snow fall overnight! ........ we live in hope....... Confused
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cbowls30, If you are aware that two feet (plus) of snow can fall in one night, why on earth are you worried about an end of Jan trip while it's still the start of december??
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Off to Livigno on NYE, I'm sure it will be fine but it doesn't stop me from a daily check of the snow forecast daily. Likewise I have never been to Italy before but fancied a change having been to France over the last few years.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowing in the Val Gardena valley today. Phew! Off in 3 weeks. wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
clarky999,

did i say i was 'worried'?????
its the same every year! ..... even on years when there has been plenty of pre-season snow we are still eagerly looking at the webcams to see a good covering..... i have no doubt it will be ok by the time we get there, alot can happen in the mountains with weather between now and then.........one night of snowfall can change everything!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We are off to near Frabossa Soprana (Mondole Ski area) in Piemonte at Christmas, not worrying too much, if it doesn't snow we will hike.

But it WILL snow!!

IT WILL!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cbowls30, With the worried smiley, "we live in hope" and "with you all the way" to the thread title it sounded like it, but fair 'nuff.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm off to P Tonale on the 14th Jan and been a bit worried but it snowed today and more is forecast tomorrow and weds. Still, with a month to go it could all melt in that time! I suppose there will always be the glacier. Little Angel Milesy11, you will absolutely love Livigno (apart from the transfer), my favourite resort and it has a good record for snow and keeping it due to its reputation for cold.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Come on Sestriere you can do it.....snow baby snow....do it for mamma!! 20 days left for mega dumping to occur. I have faith or, failing that a very thick book to take! Very Happy
snow conditions
They are saying 20cm on upper slopes in Arabba and they seem to be laying down lots of man-made on the lower slopes .
See webcams: http://www.arabba.it/index.php?page_id=1192&lang_id=3 (when its daylight).
ski holidays
Snow forecast for Selva tomorrow afternoon and evening. wink
http://www.valgardena.it/en/selva-gardena/page417.html
latest report
Mollerski wrote:

Great. Intermittent light showers. rolling eyes
snow report
Very poor visibility from the webcams, which is usually a good sign http://www.myslopes.com/italy/webcams-breuil-cervinia.php
ski holidays
James the Last wrote:
Mollerski wrote:

Better than +6 degrees of drizzle. rolling eyes
ski holidays
2planks, I'm going to the Sella Ronda (Arabba) the same date as you (14.01). 5 1/2 weeks yet, so plenty of time. Probably no problem with pistes, I would have thought, but I'm going with a guide to do steep off piste, which is much rockier. I've always been there in March before but thought I'd risk January. Hmmm. Am I going to trash my new skis?

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 6-12-11 13:29; edited 2 times in total
latest report
Mollerski wrote:
James the Last wrote:
Mollerski wrote:

Better than +6 degrees of drizzle. rolling eyes

Well, cannot disagree, but I'm off to the Sella Ronda 14th January and it would be nice to think that they'd managed to fill in some of the brown bits by then...
snow report
I'm off on the 21st of this month, which gives less time. Confused
snow report
Shock

http://www.myslopes.com/italy/webcams-canazei.php
latest report
No panic here, just be nice to see the sort of snow that France /Austria are enjoying.

I know it will snow just get on with it snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy