Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Valloire. Resort info please.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well, I've booked the family & friends to go to Valloire in the week of 18th Feb. I picked it as I'd been there for my second ski holiday 20 years ago and hadn't been back since.

I don't remember too much about the resort except that it was one of my best trips (fell in love with skiing on that holiday) so I'm looking for some information:

- I remember the ESF instruction as being very good when I was there but, as that was 20 years ago, does anyone have any up-to-date info or alternatives? This is for kids not adults & I'm also considering private instruction for 1 or 2 sessions for all 4 kids (8 - 13 & not beginners).
- I've heard that there are a lot of possibilities to ski off piste. Is this inbetween/ adjacent to the runs where I could be confident of following tracks or somewhere where I'd need a guide? Are there any recommended?
- I remember a great takeaway/ food delivery service from a restaurant called "La Marmite". Is it still operating or is there an equivalent?

I'd appreciate any other information which could help. It's a fairly mixed group in terms of skiing abilities.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy