Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fischer Rx8 No Paypal

Poster: A snowHead
Found a pair of Fischer rx8 going cheap (eu) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fischer-RX-8-Cross-Carver-165-cm-FS-11-Railflex-NEU_W0QQitemZ5235841663QQcategoryZ59592QQssPageNameZWD4VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Edmund, just a tip...
You can make the URL smaller by putting it like this...

Code:

[URL=http:/whatever the url is]A title for the URL[/URL]

That way the page width doesn't get messed up.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers Wtfh . You have to admit that is an absolute stormer of a price. Are the rx8 not an equivalent to a 5/6* volkl which would cost at least twice the price.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would get em myself If all my money wasn't tied up in paypal and I did need a pair of carver skis
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are those this season's?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Na they're last seasons. But they are top of the range pretty much. That price is around 1/3 of what they were before. I would sell my own skis and buy them but alas im sure they'll be gone by then
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
slikedges, according to the Fischer rep who was at Castleford Xscape there's only a cosmetic change to the ski for this season.

If I were in the market, I'd be very interested in these.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Blimey that's a good price! I nearly bought these last year after the Blues demo night but went for the RX6 instead (model below this, not quite so stiff) after advice from my instructor. These are excellent skis and will suit anyone who likes tight turns. Thought the colour was a bit loud mind you... Smile

If only I didn't have two pairs of skis already, one good pair and one pair for Scottish rock skiing. Wife wasn't too happy when I decided to keep my old skis when I bought the Fischers... couldn't see her being thrilled if I ended up with three pairs Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
SnowRental review of the Fischer RX 8...
Big sidecut and big carve, 14m at 170cm, these baby's will have you carving without any choice, skied on an edge they are great, if you have an older feet together technique then forget it. Better for advanced skiers or very sporty intermediates that want to progress quickly, they are also more tolerable of varying snow and piste conditions as they are softer and more forgiving. Give the Head Cyber i. XRC 800 a go or the Volkl Supersport 4* for versatility and fun.

doesnt sound that good ?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Royal, they are, honest. Try searching the archives here or on Epic for some other reviews.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheap as chips............well not quite but damm close. If only he had a paypal account. :::Sigh. Crying or Very sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i bought a pair of these of railflex on ebay you have to do a bank tranfer costs about £15 and at that price cant go wrong its a pity the do not do paypal though anyone no the difference between these and the rx9
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The rx9 seems to have a narrower shovel and a wider waist (69mm). Heres what realskiers.com said "Yet another beefy, competition-ready cross ski. Powerful, big, aggressive skiers only. Most of our test skiers preferred the 8 for general cruising. "
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hmme i could be tempted....
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just a quick question..... what level of skier (using the snowhead standard sliding vernier scale) are these aimed at ?
snow conditions
Royal,

naughty...!!
latest report
Level Headed. Little Angel
latest report
marc gledhill, Very good Very Happy, seriously though, you have seen me fall down a mountain - Would they be any good for a big bloke like me. Found some new 175s with bindings for £350 which seems a decent price. I have skiied on all types of hired tosh, generally without problem and dont have the time to go ski testing. I am also not convinced that I could tlell the differance between a good ski, and the perfect ski.
latest report
me neither...
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, Royal, I thought the same, but the test at Castleford was an eye opener. If you ski two sets of skis back to back, you can tell there are differences. If I can, anyone can.

On that basis you MUST at least test the skis you are thinking of buying before you part with your cash. The Test? If YOU like them, buy them.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 2-09-05 8:49; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
marc gledhill, nuff said, cheers.
snow conditions
I demo'd a pair of orange coloured dynastars, top of the range carvers the other day, what a difference...

Cant remember what they where called sadly
snow report
I demo'd a brand new set of RX8's today, excellent ski !

I mean I had a big grin on my face all the way to the bottom.

I wonder when mine will arrive from germany ?
ski holidays
By the way.....

Does anyone know if FS 11 Railflex Z 3 - 11 bindings as quoted in the ebay advert are this years model ?
snow conditions
Well I got them today.....

Fantastico !
snow conditions
Royal, good call I really liked that ski.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy