Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer skiing questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, looking for information and I'm sure I'm in the right place Smile

I've been skiing in the past (though not for a few years) and we are going to Italy and Switzerland this summer. My wife, myself and three teenagers. We have rashly promised the kids we'd take them skiing for a day, and are now regretting this because I've only just started researching costs! I'm looking to find some ways to minimise the costs of the outing so that it can hopefully be done. We are staying in Italy fort a week, and Switzerland for a week. Cervinia and Zermatt are accessible from where we are staying (early starts - I know the slopes are only open for the morning) and I have skied both resorts. Our local ski centre offers a day course to teach the basics, and this will probably be part of their christmas pressie.

Zermatt is quite easy to cost, as everything is online. However, I was wondering of there is any way to reduce costs? Ski hire is CHF64 from a location at the bottom of the lifts, and this is for everything. I am wondering of there might be some form of discount when hiring for a group of 4 (my wife won't be skiing - just me and the kids). or is there anywhere cheaper to hire the kit? Do they offer ski pass discounts for families? Does anyone have any tips to reduce the cost of the day trip?

Cervinia is a complete unknown! I can't seem to find out anything about costs, or equipment hire online. Can anyone point me to the costs of lift passes and equipment hire in Cervinia during the end of July / beginning of August?

Apart from these two resorts, is there anywhere you can go in the Bernese Oberland or southern Switzerland for a half day beginners skiing at reasonable costs for a family? It doesn't have to be a top class resort - just a short learner slope to give them a taster. Also, we would need to take out travel insurance that covers skiing. I'm wondering if anywhere does insurance for just one day as an additional, rather than pay for two weeks winter sports cover/

Many thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't offer much specific, but would advise that you verify that the shops you research hire ski gear in the summer. Probably best to call or shoot them an email with your situation and ask for a group price.

Also, verify that the glacier you are going to has terrain suitable for your kids- can't tell their exact level from you post, but if the day course you are talking about is there first time skiing, then this could be an issue.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're visiting the Bernese Oberland, there's a nursery slope at the Jungfraujoch where you can have a go at minimal cost. It's a good excursion in its own right too.

Oh, and welcome to Snowheads!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy