Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter Park Season Pass - Daft Question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are heading to Winter Park in February and I've been checking lift pass prices for advance purchases on line.

In relation to this, Snowheads are invited to answer the following question.

Simply match the prices of the following tickets to the appropriate duration:-

Pass A (6 days)

Pass B (Season ticket)

Price 1 - $389

Price 2 - $432

Easy, eh? Scroll down for the answer...

I'll be impressed if you got the correct answer, which is as follows:-

A 6 day pass costs $432 (or a mere $480 in March!), while a season ticket costs $389! Shocked

Guess which pass we have ordered....

Have you ever encountered such lunacy? Puzzled How can they justify advertising (and selling) the 6 day tickets on line at those prices when it's cheaper to buy a season ticket on the same website?? Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Because the season pass stops being on sale once the season kicks in and many tourists won't have planned that far ahead.
Resorts in Colorado Front Range essentially compete with attractive season pass prcing to attract casual Denver skiers who'll spend big on food, drink, lessons etc on weekends when they go up.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's a cruel marketing ploy to sucker you into buying a season pass early because the day passes are very expensive. The Rocky Mountain Super (&+) Pass compete with the Epic (Local/Summit etc) passes. Once I buy the season pass I find it hard to resist making an extra trip to get use out of the pass. Especially as I find a Zermatt/Cervinia lift pass is almost £300 for 6 days and the snow situation is uncertain. I find myself making an unplanned trip next week as I have the pass so their stategy has worked to get more of my lunch and beer money. They don't have to justify anything, it is a commercial decision. I also suspect that they have it both ways by maximising the day ticket prices as many of the U.S. visitors only come for only a couple of days and will stand the price.
Bergmeister, Enjoy your trip, stretch it to as many days as you can. WP is not the biggest of areas but with fresh snow it is glorious. You can spend time working on your bumps technique (or maybe you're a boarder) and have fun in the trees. We blagged a lift to Copper for the day which is covered by the lift pass. The back bowls at Copper provide a change of terrain and are well worth exploring.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lechbob, Not sure if you have your accommodation sorted, but we have some last minute specials at Chalet Frisco between 6-23 December

I think Copper is very underrated. Often less crowded than the Vail Resort Properties with some good skiing for all levels. I'll post a few pics of the back bowls if I get a chance.

To clarify, there is a separate WP pass and there is also a WP/Copper pass (RMSP) and another that includes both plus 6 days at Steamboat (RWSP+). Vail Resorts has entended their sale of the Epic (and similar) passes until 5 Dec, but after that, the A-Basin Bonus Pass is sometimes available during the season- it includes unlimited A-B plus 5 days at other VR properties.

Definitely pays to plan ahead coming to the States

More info at http://www.lodging247.com/2011/10/14/ski-luxury-colorado-under-100/ and http://www.skilodgingrental.com/Summit_County_Info.php
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MEfree30, I have the Epic Local pass this season bought for a trip Jan/Feb. Next week I have a Vail catered chalet & BA Denver direct flights deal at a price I could not refuse. Do you think there is any chance of them opening up the back bowls ? For late Jan l have flights and have tentatively booked a relatively cheap motel in Dillon as an option. I will change the accomodation if a better offer turns up but is unlikely as my buddy is on a tight budget.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lechbob, Will send you a PM. Don't see much predicted snow for Vail the next few days, but might be a chance before you leave, but don't count on it. http://opensnow.com/state/CO?type=snow

A few Copper Pics from late March '11

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have been watching the ski racing on Sky sports at Beaver Creek and it was snowing steadily all day yesterday and another couple of inches expected today - it looks much better. Fine weather expected on Tuedsay which is good news for our transfer from Denver. Then more snow due Thursday so there is a chance of a fresh tracks powder day. Yippeee Very Happy I see the Val Dispair Races have been moved to Beaver Creek next week so we can see a bit of that.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lechbob,
Unfortunately we can't stretch the trip past a week due to Mrs B's school hols Sad (She's a teacher - as opposed to a pupil - BTW!)

This will be our 3rd trip to WP and (needless to say) we love it! Great skiing (although we have yet to experience the famed powder) and a nice town. Bring on the bumps!! Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lechbob wrote:
MEfree30 Next week I have a Vail catered chalet & BA Denver direct flights deal at a price I could not refuse. Do you think there is any chance of them opening up the back bowls ?

Looks like the forecast I read was wrong, in a good way! Vail reported 9" (23 cm) Sunday, so you should have some nice conditions and some chance on the back bowls. Enjoy!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi I went to winter park a few years ago and word of caution - its very very very high not just on the slope but in the resort... this is great for snow but altitude sickness is real and not at all nice - we were in a chalet with a chap who had the mildest high blood pressure in the uk but it resulted in him being hospitalised for his holiday as he didnt think it would happen to him oh and as it was pre existing it wasnt covered on his insurance - read up, listen to what the locals tell you - drink water NOT alcohol and dont overdo it on the first few days otherwise it was great but I would still go back to Canada first! Blush
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy