Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ste Foy report .

Poster: A snowHead
Hey Stevo , just to let you know all your fans here in Blighty can't wait for your first report of the season if the weather does actually change in our fav corner of the Alps this weekend .
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rob Mackley, just logged-in to do just that...

Last night we had rain at resort level for a while, hard to tell where the snow-line was or how much fell as the weather has been totally clagged-in all day. Came on again this afternoon, pretty heavy at times. Snow/rain limit was at about 1400m (i.e. just below the resort). Hopefully put down a fair bit. Ground in the resort was pretty wet after the rain, so hard to get an idea of the amount of accumulation. If it's clear for a bit tomorrow, hopefully we'll be able to see a bit more.

I would guess somewhere in the region of 10cm up on the mountain. Waiting for more (hopefully a lot more!) tomorrow night.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Stevo , lets hope tonight and the next few days deliver , if they do reckon your skins will be out , storms coming from the right direction for us and La Ros too , with colder temps due do you think thier fire up the cannons ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, cannons have already been on a little, hopefully they'll be going flat out when the temperature drops.

I'm on a course all week, so won't be likely to get up the hill here until next weekend.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OK, so it puked all night long. Most of today as well, if a bit lighter.

I was up riding at Val d'Isere and there was a solid 40cm of fresh in places. Riding all the way back to town (not officially open, but it should be in a day or two when they get some groomers on it). No reason to expect any different on the hill here in Sainte Foy - it was properly chucking it down all night.

Snow-line varied, at a guess, between 1700m and 1400m so the resort itself is still a bit wet-looking, but colder temperatures should be on the way so the snow cannons can fill-in any gaps back down to the resort. More snow forecast in the coming days as well.

In short, I think it's a goer! Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Great news and thanks for the update , see the cannons are running and looks like above 2000 a decent fall , judging by the forecast another 2 falls to arrive by wed and we will be in a much better position than we are normally by now , Foggi's predicting a whole 1m by the end of week Very Happy Very Happy , keep praying .
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another SF fan here, although I shan't be there (except in spirit) before New Year. Thanks for the reports, Stevo. Much appreciated, especially as the tourist office doesn't seem to have switched on the webcams yet...just hoping that the Val D and Tignes conditions are replicated in SF Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The webcams are on http://www.saintefoy-tarentaise.com/ (at least webcam 1 is, never seen anything on 2!) . They've been in fog a lot this week though Cool
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's STILL snowing here - 72 hours without stopping now! No idea how much has fallen up the hill, but I would estimate it at approximately "lots".
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
LOTS sounds good to me ,only another 30 hrs of snowfall left to go !!!

Plan Bois webcam is up and running so getting a good idea sadly all the Balcon ones seem to be switch off .

Early days but looks like more next week

Thanks stevo .
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wee photo from our apartment balcony:

My other half was chatting to some Dutch locals who skinned up to the Marquise today - they reckon 50cm+ of fresh up there.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
50cm of fresh - I can almost taste it...!
Webcam 1 on the resort website is finally working for me, but it's dark so not much use right now. The view from Stevomcd's balcony will do nicely instead!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stevomcd wrote:
My other half was chatting to some Dutch locals who skinned up to the Marquise today - they reckon 50cm+ of fresh up there.
The MeteoFrance station on Bellecote (La Plagne) is reporting at least 60cm of fresh snow in the last 48 hours at 3,000m.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Two weeks tomorrow and counting.....
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
can t wait, get the 16th ready for the 17th opening..........how things have changed, from the despair of green 5 days ago to so much snow everything needs digging out!!!!!!!
snow report
It is still snowing. It is now somewhere beyond "epic" and approaching "stupid". Thigh-deep at resort level. Chest-deep up the mountain at Tignes today. Couldn't ride fast enough. Every time someone dared to enter the pow, we had to use team relays to put a trail in to get him back out.
snow report
stevomcd, love it! Laughing
ski holidays
Was out doing some snowshoe guiding today. Walked from the resort up through the woods to l'Echaillon (just short of Le Monal). Loads of snow, going in knee-deep at times even wearing snowshoes. Will put a couple of photos up shortly.
snow report
Photo from yesterday's snowshoe walk to l'Echaillon.

ski holidays
Snowed at least another 6" or so yesterday. The forecast for Friday is looking apocalyptic! Shocked Toofy Grin
snow report
i ll be there late on Thursday so hopefully ahead of the major storm/snowfall. Forecast models are suggesting anywhere up to 1m of snow!!!!!!!!!!!

and to think last week i was thinking my lawnmower may have been more use than skis!!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
Hope the road is clear on Sunday evening!
snow report
Repent sinners for the snowpocalypse is upon us! Shocked
snow report
snowHead snowHead

I take it conditions are roughly the same as in the Val D'Isere thread?

Can I ski for a day in St Foy on my Val D'Isere lift pass?
snow conditions
I think so as you can ski in Val d'Isere for the day on a Ste Foy pass.
snow report
There's a small supplement to ski in sainte foy on a val pass about 12€ i think. Keeps the riffraff out doncherkno.
latest report
stevomcd, slightly off topic , but i am looking at st foy for a trip later in season (after easter break) , what are conditions usally like in april , looks like there will be a great base this year Very Happy
snow conditions
A couple of pics taken today at St Foy:

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pretty epic yesterday. Only 1st and 2nd open, but best conditions in the trees off the 2nd that I've ever seen. Just go anywhere!
snow conditions
Beyond words off the Marquise today. Never seen it quite like this. It's deep, deep, deep and it's floaty ego-powder. I am Craig Kelly. Blush
latest report

Today. I think it should be OK when I get out there later this week Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
stevomcd,
Quote:

I am Craig Kelly

Puzzled Puzzled maybe a snowboader who is alive could have been a better comparision Laughing Laughing

But I know what you mean the Marquise must have been a dream today, have they opened the top yet, the Crystal must be awersome but a little deadly still?
snow report
Quote:

Quote:

I am Craig Kelly

With the first ever proper board I got, there was a free Burton team video. It was in US format and therefore only ever played in black and white on a UK VHS player, but I was totally blown away. There was all the usual jumpy-spinny-slidy stuff, but there was a section with Craig Kelly blasting through trees in epic powder, bouncing off every rock and tree stump. Straight away it was the only kind of snowboarding I've ever wanted to do. So every now and then, when the snow is awesome and I'm riding through trees, just for a minute, I am Craig Kelly.

I was actually riding trees in epic snow in Val d'Isere when I heard he'd been killed in the avalanche.

RIP Craig, a legend and an inspiration. Crying or Very sad

Looks like they're working hard on getting the top open, pistes are all groomed and stuff now. Some of the steeper stuff off the Marquise was a wee bit sluffy this morning (didn't stop bunches of muppets from poling across it 5 at a time though) so I'd say up top would still be pretty hairy. Might open tomorrow, but we actually have some more fairly heavy snow forecast! Shocked
ski holidays
Needing some photos of this...!
snow report
Alans deep bath, some days you just don't stop long enough to take photos.... Blush
ski holidays
hi stevo
do you need snowchains on the car to reach the resort at the mo?
snow conditions
skiboy70, either snowchains or winter tyres. You won't get up without one or the other. Snowing heavily again today, so you might even need both.
ski holidays
Well, it warmed up yesterday when we arrived, so the roads are clear, pistes all bashed but a bit crusty due to the thaw/melt. Still hooooge amount of snow though.
Blue skies, sun, all runs/lifts open except one of the greens (fallen trees cos of the weight of snow!).
A bit of a breeze has just picked up.
snow report
just back from Ste Foy...wow what an enormous amount of snow fell...had to dig the car out twice!!!!!!!!!!...........anyone going out shortly will have great conditions.......more snow please for my return on the 8th of Jan
snow report
Funny day today - cloud/fog/sun/snow ! Great piste conditions.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy