Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A week with Graham Bell

Poster: A snowHead
Just back from a week in Cervinia Italy doing some GS training, great snow and fantastic coaching from a 5 times Olympian

Photos and Blog here (sorry cant be bothered to upload all the photos here snowHead

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
looks like fun. out of interest what was the rough cost of something like that?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nice write-up!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ansta1, surprisingly good value, I shouldnt say exact price as it was a subsidised course run by a ski school I had done some work for in the past. They are looking to get into the pre season training market and put together a real good package. If they decide to run it for the general public next year I will put up prices.

Pre season training is generally pretty cheap with lower cost accommodation and lift passes off setting the cost of the coaching.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
very cool Cool

Some great shapes there skimottaret,

Amazing how much edge-angle and body angulation the pros get but you're not far behind.

Saw myself on video through a race course last year and OMG I looked so static and upright Embarassed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
good write up! Can you share the stretching exercise you did please??? Trying to think of someone more ski related ones for me to do !!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
looks like a fantastic event and mighty jealous Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
very cool and great pictures.

Was this from a chairlift? or are you a lilliputlian?

snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski, didnt jot them down but the usual suspects. we did do lots of partner stretches on the hamstrings and adductors which worked a treat. also a fair bit on piriformus and IT band
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
shoogly, Laughing one of the guys who after snapping a ski was a bit gun shy and took photos on race day from a ridge below the course,

http://www.insideoutskiing.com/news/blog_files/training_lane.jpg

did a great job with an SLR and got 30 or so frames on that run.. Have some video to go through as well and may put up some of the faster guys.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nice write up. So after a week's training (or more did you do a Snoworks one last year?) how far off the pace were you? Close enough to start eyeing up the Lycra and cooking up special blends of wax?

Didn't like the look of the hole above the blue gate, that would definitely have freaked me out.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
fatbob wrote:
Didn't like the look of the hole above the blue gate, that would definitely have freaked me out.
Exactly - designed to freak you out and flip you up. Hateful to have holes on the line.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
shoogly wrote:
... or are you a lilliputlian?
Laughing Excellent - I like that.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great write up. The pics are very illuminating.

Reason behind doing the course please?

Am I correct in summarising that Bell advocates pivotting both skis for directional change prior to setting the edge and laying down the carved, railroad tracks?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nice write up, so if you were in a cat suit you would have nailed it then wink

Hope you have a great season.
snow report
Mike Pow wrote:
Am I correct in summarising that Bell advocates pivotting both skis for directional change prior to setting the edge and laying down the carved, railroad tracks?
Only if the gate is tight and you need to adjust the line in to it by creating a big steering angle.
ski holidays
skimottaret, That looked like an excellent experience. Whenever I get near a gate I seem to return to a snow plough. One day I'll get myself on a GS clinic like that one.
latest report
fatbob, freaked everyone out... on one run the first three guys in crashed out there and one quite badly which i have on tape and will try to get up next week. The canny veteran Brian our 69 year old blitzed it and i followed his line and stayed in as well... Your right i did do a week last year but we had loads of snow that week and very deep ruts over glacial ice and only got maybe 8 runs in gates all week. i crashed out a couple times and got winded and my bell rung so didnt really feel i made much progress, also didnt get timing out as weathered off the last day..

I was consistently within 1/100's of a girl who has taken it several times over the last two years and been close on a few occasions (girls get +6% or about 3 to 3 1/2 secs typically) and had 3 weeks training prior to the week i was on and hung tight with the other ET guys who were new to the game but am nowhere near the guys at the level...

Mike Pow, just wanted a toe in the water type of training course rather than a full blown 4 -6 week ET camp to get a feel for where i am at if it is worth doing more training. As Rob said it was a tactical move and one he felt most ET candidates havent mastered and it costs them time in very offset courses that cannot be "carved" the whole way..
latest report
Thanks for the clarification guys
snow conditions
Mike Pow,
Watch the WC racers doing it too because of the big course offsets
snow report
Found this very interesting as Annie Black and Bob Barnes at Keystone, Colorado were advocating this tactic when I was training for my PSIA Level 3 certification the 2005/06 season.
snow report
Shocked

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 3-12-11 16:11; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Great report! Where do I sign up?
snow report
skimottaret, enjoyed the report. Some friends of mine went heliskiing with Simone in Monterosa and apparently he can speed ski powder quite impressively as well....
snow report
BobinCH, was he on 238 skis wink that would be a site to see ! I am sure he is pretty handy off piste as well as on... In the few training runs i saw him he must have been doing 70 or 80mph
snow conditions
kitenski, just remembered that i have some stretches on my website scroll down to bottom of this page for a pdf on ski stretches
snow conditions
kitenski wrote:
good write up! Can you share the stretching exercise you did please??? Trying to think of someone more ski related ones for me to do !!
There are some good stretches on the Solutions4Feet website too.
snow conditions
Great blog and pics....some of us can only dream Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I am going to regret posting this video, not my best run but ...

Coach Says FAT IS FAST
snow report
Way out of my league - very cool Very Happy
snow conditions
skimottaret, I think he called you fat Wink
ski holidays
Nice! Uber jealous!
latest report
great write up!
latest report
tiffin, Laughing
latest report
tiffin, ahh but i was redeemed in this training run when we were working on quick Cross Over Transitions early in the turn wink

http://vimeo.com/34556756
snow report
I think you could go faster is you stopped waving to your Mum wink
snow report
Mike Pow, yeah the arm waiving looks a bit weird but i think i was doing it to protect myself, got really smashed up on my right side and had a bit of a dead right arm..

http://www.insideoutskiing.com/news/blog_files/tim_scott_bruises.jpg
snow conditions
my mates kid put up a video of race day and the first three guys in all had fun little episodes (the guy at :12 is a handy skier and took a very nice whack)... off for more torture in a few weeks..

https://vimeo.com/channels/gstraining

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 9-11-12 15:04; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
skimottaret, great report!
ski holidays
Fabulous report skimottaret snowHead

Quote:
It was inspirational to see one of our lot Brian (on the left), blast it through the course. He was our top gun and recorded the best time form our group. Turns out he is 69 years old and been racing for 50 years…

Shocked fair play!

I'm quite envious, really. Am I right in thinking you guys run race training courses out on resort? Would love to have a go at some proper training before it gets too late! Though if Brian is anything to go by, there may be more time than I thought Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy