Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Banff Club Snowboard alternative

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,
My wife and I are honey-mooning in Banff this January 4th for 10 days....But are a bit stuck in terms of instruction for myself who is snowboarding whereas my wife is skiiing. The Club Ski which is promoted with the whole tri-area set-up looks great- instruction whilst seeing the other resorts. 3 days instruction would be enough for us, and the price was okay too at $299- reviews are good, and groups are small. The problem is that the Snowboarding version of this seems to have been cancelled for some reason! Can anyone suggest alternatives? Are there un-official instructors in the area, or is it a closed one-price/operator market?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Chris
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Certainly not only one operator, as each of the three areas runs its own school - but I think that if you want to ski where your wife is each day, that would involve booking three separate lessons, with the inherent risk of variablilty in teaching styles etc. and would probably be more expensive, even if you only have half days (compared to the Club Ski full days).

We're currently looking at lesson possibilities as my wife doesn't particularly want to ski Norquay during our 2 week trip, but the Club Ski lessons have been consistently excellent for our son, the three years we have been there. A compromise may be necessary . . .

Have you tried emailing SkiBig3.com to see what they say about snowboard lessons?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm sure if you give thema call or e-mail they'll point you in the right direction even if they have cancelled the snowboard version. Nothing has ever been too much trouble for the Club Ski guys, I've skied with them 3 times, always been lucky enough to get Sneezy as my instructor and I've never been in a group bigger than 3 people!
Last time out it was a group of 2 and we ditched the last day at Norquay and as there were only 2 of us in the group the instructor jumped in the car with us and we went freeskiing at Kicking horse instead!
Brilliant service - they'll look after you and your mrs.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the prompt response! Here's what the ski school section of skibig3 said-

"Club Ski is a 3 day, 3 resort, same instructor program that starts every Sunday and Thursday from Dec 18th, 2011 until Easter weekend in April 2012.

In regards to Snowboard lessons, we can book a private lesson, either full day or half day, or the resorts have snowboard programs that you could sign up for in the same rotation of the Club Ski program. Day 1 is at the Lake Louise Ski Area, Day 2 is at Sunshine Village and Day 3 is at Mt. Norquay.

The price for the Club Ski program is $299 + GST and daily Snowboard classes range in price from $105 to $ 160 at each of the resorts.

If you have any further questions, or want to make a Snow School reservation, please do not hesitate to get in contact with me."

So, not great news in all, but much as you suggested.....looks like it's going to be a bit expensive then for the boarding, without much continuity between lessons by the sounds of it. Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy