Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Profeet Experience

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

does anyone have experience with profeet? i am thinking of a bootfitting during the end of this month....

Please share any good or bad experiences or any other recommendations.
latest report
 davidmt83
davidmt83
Recently visited Colin at Solutions4feet in Bicester and I couldn't be happier. Give the boards a search for recommendations. Lockwoods in Leamington Spa gets a lot of love on here too but I'm guessing it'll be a touch far for you.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
videoman22, yes, we had excellent experience with profeet & would recommend them

OH broke both his ankles when a kid, has totally flat feet and extreme over pronation with very sticky out ankles - a problem to fit into ski boots! Very Happy For quite a few years he had real agony with his feet, had to take his boots off at every opportunity during the day. Went to countless boot places, in resort and in the UK, but it never got more comfortable. Profeet sorted him out no problem.

I also wanted to buy a nice shiny new pair of boots but they said mine were fine and I didn't need new ones, just a new footbed. A good sign when a place doesn't sell you their product as you don't need it!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Several years ago I had boots fitted at Profeet. I asked for Hamish as I knew he was the top guy there and a couple of people had recommended him. Boots were great and I was very happy, having previously had many years of discomfort because of my odd shaped feet. In recent years I've taken my trotters to Colin at Solutions4feet and have been well served by him, to the point where I wouldn't go anywhere else now.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I also wanted to buy a nice shiny new pair of boots but they said mine were fine and I didn't need new ones, just a new footbed. A good sign when a place doesn't sell you their product as you don't need it!
Ditto. When I eventually needed new boots, I went to Solutions4Feet, who popped the Profeet footbeds into the new ones. Happy customer at both places. (I don't think Hamish is available at Profeet any more.)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I booked an appointment with Hamish last year. It cost slightly extra to see him, but he came very highly recommended by quite a few people, and I would certainly use him again.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I know that everyone is recommending solutions4feet but my main problem is that i live in London, just got here, dont even know my way around London and dont even know how to get to beciester....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bthw i dont see hamish's name on the website of profeet, can it be that he is not working there anymore?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I live in London too, and have had good experience with boot fittings at the Snow and Rock stores. (I've used the Kensington and the Chertsey stores ).
Though I would recommend avoiding the weekend when it can get v busy. Try for an evening session, or during the day mid-week.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
videoman22, I thought not, but c0Ka|Ne seems to say otherwise. Confused
latest report
 davidmt83
davidmt83
videoman22 wrote:
I know that everyone is recommending solutions4feet but my main problem is that i live in London, just got here, dont even know my way around London and dont even know how to get to beciester....

I definately think it's worth making the effort if you can spare a bit of time.

Try entering your postcode here:

http://www.transportdirect.info/

Solutions4feet address: 7 Market Square Bicester, Oxfordshire OX26 6AA
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
videoman22,
Very happy with Profeet service and would absolutely recommend them. Sorry I can't remember the name of the fitter but she knew her stuff backwards.

I asked if I needed new boots and she said mine would be fine for a few seasons yet. As Cathy said above, that's a good sign.

My boots are now snug AND toasty (having freezing toe problems before) and have rejevenated my skiing.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
videoman22, Would highly recommend Pro Feet , Hamish sorted a problem for me yesterday all others didn't spot and he had the only kit in UK able to solve it, get down there before the season gets going or any snow falls, because then it will be hard to get an appointment.

I am only recommending because they offer in my opinion the best from personal experience

Pro feet 867 Fulham Road SW6 5HP Parsons Green nearest tube just up the road 02077360046
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar wrote:
In recent years I've taken my trotters to Colin at Solutions4feet and have been well served by him, to the point where I wouldn't go anywhere else now.
it just sounds so wrong.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Hamish sorted a problem for me yesterday
Ah well that's the answer, then. He must just have been away temporarily when I went along (more than two years ago now.)
latest report
Ok then since everyone is recommending Hamish, i am only doing the appointment with him, should i just writte to them directly and ask for Hamish?

@Cynic did you get charged more because he asked for Hamish

@bode Swiller LOL
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My experience has varied depending on who I got. Jimmy foamed a pair of boots for me a couple of years back, which worked out very well. The footbeds I've had from there, not so much. Introduced me to the notion that something can fit, as in be comfortable but may not actually be supporting your foot as well as it might.
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
In recent years I've taken my trotters to Colin at Solutions4feet and have been well served by him, to the point where I wouldn't go anywhere else now.
it just sounds so wrong.

Laughing
snow conditions
Cynic, intrigued to know what this bit of kit is????

Hamish has always been there, he owns the place and spends a bit more time dealing with business side of things as well so not always around for appointments
ski holidays
videoman22,

Can't remember any names but have had great service from Pro-feet.

Took my girlfriend there with serious problems (pronation, alignment, plantar fasciitis) after a recommendation from an instructor colleague. Very helpful and as above refused to sell her any boots that day! had 3 members of staff enthusing over her weird feet as a bit of a teaching case for them. they got boots in specially and she is now over the moon and skied a season last year.

As for myself, lovely average feet never had a problem with a single hire boot and proceeded to buy some in St anton, again no problem. skied those for years, became an instructor, still no problems. decided to "treat myself" as GF was in raptures about hers and COULD NOT BELIEVE the improvement in my skiing. I have gone out in my old "fine" boots on a number of occasions and fallen about giggling at how rubbish they are compared to my new ones!

We went back with the GF's boots to get them tweaked after she had knee surgery and had 45 mins of chat and tweaking, no charge! Very Happy
ski holidays
Heyy guys,

just got another reply from profeet, they told me that if i want the appointment with Hamish i will have to pay a extra charge of 50 pounds.... I think im gonna do it.... if i do not reply by then, i will tell you all about it and make a review as soon as i am finished. Smile thanks all
latest report
 davidmt83
davidmt83
videoman22 wrote:
Heyy guys,

just got another reply from profeet, they told me that if i want the appointment with Hamish i will have to pay a extra charge of 50 pounds.... I think im gonna do it.... if i do not reply by then, i will tell you all about it and make a review as soon as i am finished. Smile thanks all

Fair amount of cash for the privilege! You'd probably still get change out of that with a visit to Bicester...
snow report
@davidmt83 guys i finally decided to visit Colin at solutions4feet, i have an appointment during this month., since everyone was rec. him, boot fitting is done only once so lets go for the best Smile....

I have a open question regarding a pair of boots that i got last year still haven't skied on them but since i do not know much about boots i want your opinion i have 105mm wide feet with quite a high arch, now i weight 75kg, 170cm tall, what do you guys think about this boot will Colin recommend me another one or will he work on the current? I got the Lange Blaster Pro Ski Boots 2011 a couple of things occurred and i couldt go to ski at all :S....

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 3-12-11 23:38; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
videoman22, ring him up and ask him
snow conditions
no need he needs to see me feet first thats how we agreed, this was a open question for discussion Wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I had fantastic service from ProFeet. I was suffering from "Jelly Legs" - my legs became weak and shaky long before the muscles had a chance to became tired. And I too had 3 guys from ProFeet standing around me discussing my "case".

The conclusion was that my boots and binding were tipping me too far forward - the "ramp angle" was too great. So they added around 2-3mm to the tip of my boot board. It just amazing how much difference this made to my whole stance. They also recommended specific stretching exercises and I spend all day sitting in front of a computer.

If your stance is in a bad position, then the bio-mechanics of your legs are not functioning correctly, and your legs "give" like mine did.

They also made me a very, very good moulded footbed. This felt funny at first, but I soon got used to it.

My skiing improved massively, and last year folks were amazed at how better my skiing was.
latest report
I had fantastic service from ProFeet. I was suffering from "Jelly Legs" - my legs became weak and shaky long before the muscles had a chance to became tired. And I too had 3 guys from ProFeet standing around me discussing my "case".

The conclusion was that my boots and binding were tipping me too far forward - the "ramp angle" was too great. So they added around 2-3mm to the tip of my boot board. It just amazing how much difference this made to my whole stance. They also recommended specific stretching exercises and I spend all day sitting in front of a computer.

If your stance is in a bad position, then the bio-mechanics of your legs are not functioning correctly, and your legs "give" like mine did.

They also made me a very, very good moulded footbed. This felt funny at first, but I soon got used to it.

My skiing improved massively, and last year folks were amazed at how better my skiing was.
snow report
videoman22 wrote:
@davidmt83 guys i finally decided to visit Colin at solutions4feet, i have an appointment during this month., since everyone was rec. him, boot fitting is done only once so lets go for the best Smile....

I have a open question regarding a pair of boots that i got last year still haven't skied on them but since i do not know much about boots i want your opinion i have 105mm wide feet with quite a high arch, now i weight 75kg, 170cm tall, what do you guys think about this boot will Colin recommend me another one or will he work on the current? I got the Lange Blaster Pro Ski Boots 2011 a couple of things occurred and i couldt go to ski at all :S....

Take the boots with you to the appointment. If Colin thinks they are right for you he will work with them.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Appreciate this is a bit late, but, if she's still there, Michelle @ Profeet has done a great job for me over the last few years. She's done my Alpine boots, tele boots and two pairs of touring rhytms (upgraded to dynafiddle compatable).
latest report
davidmt83, I friend said CEM charges £40 so slightly cheaper than in London
latest report
Bump
snow report
Super easy to get to Bicester from London - jump on the train from marlybone, 45 mins and you are done. Market sq max 10 min walk from station! Smile
snow report
+1 for CEM: he's fitted 2 pairs of boots for me and Andy (who runs out of the same shop) sorted out my alignment. Great service, great value snowHead
ski holidays
No need to go from London Profeet is in London
ski holidays
Cynic, FYI our consultation charge is £30 please get your facts right Little Angel
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy