Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Random Lake District Question?

Poster: A snowHead
Is there anywhere in the Lakes you can go Skiing at this time of year, i mean even if there is no snow down here i am wondering if it is a high mountainous range which will be snow covered. Also where would be the best place to stay and best websites to use? thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2008/dec/11/skiing-snowboarding-wales-england
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Your best bet for Lake District proper is Raise just by Ulswater. It's only 25 mins from where I live so if like the pictures below there been good snow fall I pack my gear and go. Would I make a special trip if I didn't? I'm not sure, I'd most likely head north of the border as everything you can think of that are negatives about skiing in Scotland multiply that by 10 at least for the Lakes minus any real infrastructure that you'd get in a viable ski resort and you're half way there. There are however many mountians in the Lakes and if you're up to it there's nothing stopping you hiking up them and skiing down them.......

I believe some snow is forcast this weekend at altitude, god knows we've had plenty of rain this last week but it's been very mild. This time last year we had snow that stuck around for over a month. Coming From Yorkshire you may be better heading to Yad Moss, less interesting terrian but easier to get to (less/no hiking) and more developed.

http://www.ldscsnowski.co.uk/

snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It has been in our local news they have just opened the highest flushing toilet in the England up one of the lake district mountains
so no more orange snow!!!!!!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
here you go
ONE of the country’s highest flushing loos has been christened in a mountain ceremony with a difference.

CEREMONY: The opening of a toilet on Helvellyn – one of the highest flushing toilets in the country The toilet has been opened at 2,500ft on the flanks of Helvellyn – the Lake District’s third highest mountain.

It has taken 75 years to bring the convenience to one of the most inconvenient locations in the country.

It has been possible thanks to the Lake District Ski Club, which has 240 members, many of whom helped with the project.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cockerhoop, Orange snow? May want to get that checked out mate...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helvellyn's great when the weather plays - if you're prepared to walk a bit then you might have this:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/images/dbpage.html?id=133406

http://www.ukclimbing.com/images/dbpage.html?id=133405
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For some essential background.....

http://youtube.com/v/-oXgGDwcRYA
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Haha that is quality, cant believe they have just installed a Loo!!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
tow will be running this weekend, I understand
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Raise was open today I believe. First UK ski "resort" to open!
From their FB page: "The report from Raise today a fantastic days skiing full cover good snow conditions the tow will be operating tomorrow"

Yad Moss waiting for a bit more cover, but webcam starting to look promising.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
wigan, Weardale also opened today......
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Peter S, amazing video, but is it really a 1 hour walk? I can't walk in ski boots.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Here's a map:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/idmap.srf?X=335420&Y=517545&A=N&Z=120

The nearest road access is by the Youth Hostel on the RHS but I'm not certain you can park there - it may be back in the village down the hill. The ski lift starts near the hut marked on the NE slope of Raise. Each blue sqaure represents a kilometre and each thin contour represents 10m of altitude.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
blakey, No need to walk in ski boots just sling em. Took me about an 1hr 45mins last time I went up, the snow was really deep making braking the trail pretty knackering!
latest report
altis, so where does the lift run on that map? Why isn't it on?
ski holidays
snowball, that's only a 50k map. I can only presume that OS deem that Pomas are not significant enough to mark at that scale. However, zoom in by clicking on the 'plus' and you'll get the 25k which does have it marked.

Perhaps I should have used this link instead:
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/idl.srf?X=335420&Y=517545&Z=115&lm=1

I do like Streetmap for its quick access to real OS maps.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy