Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is "Crystal in-resort service"

Poster: A snowHead
Hey all
In my Thompsonski documents there is a line that refers to "Crystal in-resort service", but doesn't say what that is. What is it? I don't want to contact the tour operator as they will just tell me some poo. I'm assuming it refers to someone just pointing and saying "go there to get your ski's"
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It sounds like a hooker, called Crystal.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
From my experience of Crystal I'd say it refers to easy "access" to staff of questionable virtue.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It means you have one or more reps, and you will be given one of their mobile phone numbers in case of emergencies. You will meet the rep(s) on your transfer bus, then there is a welcome meeting and daily meetings in one or more of the hotels. They also organise ski guiding, ski away days and certain other après ski activities such as quizzes, snow tubing and bar crawls. Whether you want to take part is up to you, but the important fact to note is that there is someone on hand to give you information or help you out in the event of a problem whilst you are in resort.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It means that you don't get hot food on your first night if you arrive late wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
And whilst everyone here likes to slag off resort reps, I have only ever known one to be somewhat less than competent in all my years of TO holidays (he was still a helpful and approachable guy, just a little bit dim!)...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I went with Crystal a few years ago to Champoluc. They had one rep serving the resort, but she came along to the hotel every night for a chat and that was about it. Until one of the party was taken ill. It turned out she was a qualified nurse, she got the doctor to come and treat, followed up with medication etc.

To me that is what their "in-resort service is - sorting out real problems

John
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks. I hope there are some activities organised. I know I can do all the same on my own but it's always more fun with a group.

paulio & galpinos, good thing my wife isn't going along wink Razz Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

paulio & galpinos, good thing my wife isn't going along

They more questionable the virtue, the less likely you'll go there (sober). However, it's amazing how low one will stoop after an extended stay in the sausage fest enviroment that is a ski resort. A man/woman has needs etc......
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
AlanB1976, Pointless

if you're a snowHead

If you're a muppett then they might have some value - i.e if you can't find you're own way to the ski/boot hire/ski school meeting point.

and sometimes can be of use if you break yourself .e.g ferrying you from the doctors/arranging crutches etc when all yer mates are still enjoying the pow pow...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
johnE wrote:
I went with Crystal a few years ago to Champoluc. They had one rep serving the resort, but she came along to the hotel every night for a chat and that was about it. Until one of the party was taken ill. It turned out she was a qualified nurse, she got the doctor to come and treat, followed up with medication etc.

To me that is what their "in-resort service is - sorting out real problems

John

I have no objection to paying thousands of £££s in taxes every year so people can be trained up as nurses, doctors, teachers etc. but I do take exception when they then waste there training on being fekking reps for TUI
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The words Crystal and service don't usually appear in the same sentence unless it's a complaint.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
andyhull wrote:
The words Crystal and service don't usually appear in the same sentence unless it's a complaint.

That's not true - I had a FANATASTIC trip with crystal earlier this year - couldn't be faulted. The hosts were absolutely terriffic

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1718037&highlight=crystal+plagne#1718037
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
andyhull, couldnt agree more. have been doing independent trips since a disastrous trip with crystal abt 8yrs ago. there 6 person luxury room in a hotel which was v expensive consisted of 1 x bed and 2 double mattress on the floor in the same small room! rep service was pretty useless and topped off with the rep screaming CREDIT CARD FRAUD ALLEGATIONS at my sister in law in a full dining room of people. weak apology the next dat when she realised it was her own mistake. sent 3 complaint letters/mails and never heard a thing from them.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Always found them to be pretty good, especially when Jnr left his DS on the plane on the way out, Crystal chased it up (we didn't find out until we got to resort). When we got to the airport to go home they had his DS waiting for Jnr.
ski holidays
AlanB1976, you're not actually getting much of an answer here are you? Laughing

A TO's in-resort service usually consists of:

A rep - to sell you rubbish apres ski activities, take you to the ski hire place, get you your pass, help you with any problems you might have, make sure you get on the coach home.

Hospitality staff - to cook/serve your meals, clean your accommodation and be chirpy even though they have appalling hangovers and would rather you just go away.

Nannies - to look after your anklebiters because you can't be bothered

A resort manager - to annoy all the above staff.
snow report
Lizzard, Toofy Grin Mostly true Toofy Grin

I suspect AlanB1976, has booked with Thompson but the resort service is actually being provided by Crystal staff.

Like paulio's, idea . I did meet a 'masseuse' in hot tub last year, dont think she was called Crystal though Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Quote:

I suspect AlanB1976, has booked with Thompson but the resort service is actually being provided by Crystal staff.

Correct..... at least that is what it said in the document pack I got.

Thanks Lizzard. A clear answer Wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy