Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Westendorf Information

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have a recommendation for Ski Hire or Lessons in Westendorf?

In so far as I can gather, there are 4 places to hire from: Sport 2000, Skisport Hausberger, Rent & Sport and Dieter's Skishop.

Do any snowHead have personal experience?

Ski School - I think there are only two options: Skischule Top and The Reds Skischule Westendorf.

Again, any personal experience and have I missed anyone out?

Thanks in advance, and fingers crossed for lots of lovely snow by February.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sabreboy, Some years since I was last there, but Dieter's Skishop were good.
Can't comment on the ski schools, but I guess the Reds will be the original ski school.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ruetz Sport 2000 very efficient and good kit. Top class stuff was a tad pricey though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's one with a depot just by the chairlift for the nursery areas/by the (Reds) ski school office - think it's Hausberger. Really nice guys, and the best location (you can traverse across from the top of the chair to avoid walking/taking the bus to the Alpenrosenbahn, is more convenient for after apres at the 'Nails Bar' (I forget the real name), just the other side of the little road by the nursery slopes, and before apres at the Wunderbar etc in Westendorf. Don't know anything aboutthe schools sorry.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ruetz sport 2000 is the only one I have used can't recommend it enough.
Location: shop right across from the lifts of the nursery slope ( where the ski schools meet every morning) their bootroom, for storage, that comes free with the skis is in the building with the chair lift. And is one of the cleanest brightest boot rooms (with clean toilets, all on ground level) you will ever come across, it's run by a very nice, pipe smoking Austrian. There is a price to paid for this cleanliness but, there are brushes outside for knocking snow off your skis and boots, and you will see quite a few people in no uncertain terms being sent back out to clean their gear.
The guys who work in the shop, can't do enough.
My much better half has gone back 3 days in a row because the boots didn't feel quite right. No problems, back through the fitting process again try different boots (times 10), lots of time, lots of questions about how to make them better.
Someone took my skis from a restaurant one day and left a similar pair from a differnt shop. Went back to Ruetz, no problem here are new skis "we will hang onto these a the other shop will will bring ours back at the end of the week" even though we weren't staying for the full week.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Been twice a long time ago - Dieters was good, and the red ski schule was excellent. Hope you get some snow!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hello sabreboy,
what clarky999 said above.
Used the Hausberger shop.
Boozed a little in bar mentioned.
All good.

Cheers Geoff
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy