Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

American Airlines files for bankruptcy protection

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any Snowheads travelling to the US this season may be interested to know that American Airlines has filed for bankruptcy protection, see BBC News.

However they will still continue to operate as normal and people with existing tickets need not worry.

Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection is a common financial occurrence for US based firms which allows them to restructure their finances, lose some of their debt, and get out of their existing financial commitments to their staff. wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alastair Pink wrote:
get out of their existing financial commitments to their staff. wink

Yep! Pensions and such...

Just imagine how the pilot, flight attendants and flight mechanics feel. And those are the people who you put your life in trust.

Though to be fair, United, Delta and Continental had done so in the past. And they didn't have any planes falling out of sky as a result. So you should be ok with American too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep... And I'm flying with them in 3 weeks time...

But I flew with continental several times when they were in chapter 11...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Must be all that dosh Mr. Spacey has earned....I mean they had to pay him 4 times in this advert

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stoat of the dead, how well did they look after you? I am looking at flying with them - the trip each way is far quicker than any alternative.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quite possibly the most relaxed airline I have ever flown with. It was a late night flight back from JFK. There was a thunderstorm so we were two hours late boarding, then another two hours on the apron and taxi-ing to the runway. The plane was less than half full and people were wandering about, using the loos, chatting on the mobile phones even as we approached the runway. I don't think anyone used a seat belt during the entire flight, and since we each had 2 or 3 seats per person most were spreading out with feet up. The cabin crew were great fun and very relaxed. I realise this is not exactly safety-conscious but it was kinda fun. The view of the thunderstorm above the clouds was quite magnificent too. A natural fireworks display.

I'd gladly fly with them again. None of this stroppy Ryanair rubbish.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
achilles, No difference at all. Flown with them loads and prefer DFW to ORD or DIA.

queen bodecia, once, I think it was on a United Turboprop back in the day... The hostess announced as we took off from Denver "in order to comply with FAA regulations the cabin lights will now be dimmed to make the hostesses look more attractive..."
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy