Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tips for St Jakob (the one near St Anton)?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm just plotting a boys trip to St Anton for January, but given that it's a bit late for booking there and our dates are slightly awkward (Weds to Sun) I suspect I'll probably need to look slightly further a field, so I'm thinking about in St Jakob. There seem to be a few places with vacancies, so it's not a big deal but I was just wondering what there is in St Jakob itself. I'm pretty familiar with St Anton but I don't think I have ever actually ventured out of town as far as St Jakob. Obvioulsy we're more than happy to walk or get the bus in to town but I was wondering if there are any bars and restuarants in St Jakob itself. A pizza and a couple of pints normally suit us, especially if we've enjoyed a bit of aprés already...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sah, Nothing there re apres, just smart hotels or small b&b's. Best to walk to Nasserein, even there a bit lacking. You really need to be in St Anton, taxi minibus from your place only 12-15€ 5-6 people.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, best to head to Nasserein for pints or get the bus, it's fairly frequent. Or you could go nuts against the grain and go the opposite direction to Pettneu, that mystery place on the Arlberg ski pass than almost literally no-one ever goes to. Magic..

On the Nasserein side of St Jakob there is the Sonnbichl and a few others though can't remember any names, sorry.

A good place for accommodation on awkward dates is
wohlfühlpension der steinbock
st. jakober dorfstrasse 13
6580 st. anton am arlberg
tirol/austria
tel&fax: 0043-5446-2577

They have another pension tied to them with slightly different rates and it's handy for Nasserein.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sah, according to stanton, bookings are down quite a bit this year. I've booked 3 single rooms in March for some of the lads (myself included) at the Haus Angelika http://www.arlberg.com/hotel.angelika/?L=1 One of the lads is going Sat to Wednesday and they were fine with it - only charged him the 4 nights, which I found surprising given its location beside the Galzigbahn. One year I stayed at a B&B at other end of Dorstrasse for 5 nights and was charged the 7, which I think is fairly common.

Have you tried getting in touch with sidneyreilly on here? www.st-antonamarlberg.co.uk Several flats in excellent locations.

One of the lads stayed in St Jakob a few years back as he left it too late and he did say it was a bit of a pain - mind you so was he and he has never been asked back Twisted Evil
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for all the tips folks.

Yep, tried Sidney. He had a place for those dates but it was bigger than we needed, and much more expensive than we could afford!

Have also checked B&Bs including Angelika and Gamberg (my personal fave), all booked up.

However, there are a lot of other options it seems, so I may not need to go as far as St Jakob. I've never really looked in to the self catering option before and there are tons of places, way more than I expected.

I'm not too suprised bookings are down... what with economic doom and gloom and I think people are worried about the snow (a bit bonkers given that it's not even December, but I confess it's not looking like the best ever start to a season). I think when the webcam go all white people will start booking.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy