Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Funiflaine - cable link link to Flaine from the valley (Magland)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
While carbon cost is fundamental, also factor in the reduced pollution and congestion
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@rambotion, good point, carbon accounting is quite complicated and long term.

Potentially very long term, apparently many of the pylons for the StG to Bettex gondola are the same ones installed in 1936 although somewhat modified (top sections enlarged for larger gondolas with double cable support).

The big carbon savings will be if people who currently do day trips by car from Geneva and Annemasse instead take the train and new gondola. The lower gondola station is planned to be in the station car park, maybe 50 m walk from the platform exit.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Never in my life time did I think I would be taking transfer advice from Good Housekeeping magazine!!!!!
https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/lifestyle/travel/a39770399/mont-blanc-express/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@j b, your limiting factor there is the near 2hr time grom Geneva centre to Le Fayet ...

@Jonny996, I don't think you'd be keen to use the MBE for a transfer ... it is incredibly slow.

Still looking like near 4 hours from GVA to Cham by train.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The draw of the 18€ return is strong.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Jonny996, been away for a few days so didn't reply. (And discovered the even cheaper Italian trains).

The Mont Blanc Express is a trip we haven't yet done, but really ought to. Hopefully this summer. We have heard good things of it.

@under a new name, as mentioned above, in St Gervais there are persistent rumours that SNCF might eventually introduce a faster service as far as Le Fayet. But if it happens it is unlikely to take more than 30 min off the travel time.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy