Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal's half-board meal falls short of description!

Poster: A snowHead
sharon1953, at least he can pass your issues on to some "gap year student" to look after you when you arrive.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sharon1953, Send him a PM, at least you will get the company policy on the issue, he has been friendly enough before.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maybe you could do 2 sittings another night? Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This is pretty normal procedure for a hotel in my experience, even a 4*. If it's any consolation the platter they leave for you is often pretty generous.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
this is a farce.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
James the Last wrote:
OP contracted with Crystal to provide 7 hot meals.

It turns out they are only going to provide 6.

This is a breach of contract. It may well be a sufficient breach in order for OP to terminate the contract with Crystal.

So, OP, cancel your holiday - as there is no other possible solution (certainly not Crystal's paying for a 4-course slap up dinner in town for you, LOL).

And if you won't... then you are agreeing that there is nothing to worry about.

Have you read crystals T&Cs or are you just regurgitating sharon1963s assertion that there's a 'contract' in place. Crystals T&Cs state that the first ,meal is usually the first, and therefore not always.

This thread is a joke. The OP has booked a holiday without asking the question and not checking what they're booking, then complaining they're not getting what they wanted.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The last time we arrived late at our hotel and missed the opening time of the dining room we were given a plate of raw meet, with a very hot pot of oil, bread and some salad. The food in the hotel was very good the rest of the week, but for me this meal was probably one of the best of the week (my favourite type of fondue).

We travelled with Crystal BTW.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hammerite, Ah but your "contract" with Crystal was for them to cook you a meal, not for one where you had to do the cooking. Best call Watchdog now wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hammerite wrote:
The last time we arrived late at our hotel and missed the opening time of the dining room we were given a plate of raw meet, with a very hot pot of oil, bread and some salad. The food in the hotel was very good the rest of the week, but for me this meal was probably one of the best of the week (my favourite type of fondue).

This also happened to me, in a restaurant. I was sitting there waiting for my steak and eggs, with a side dish of potatoes and bacon. THEY BROUGHT OUT A HOT STONE!!! gave me the raw ingredients an walked away, bloody French. What sort of meal out is that? Cook my own dinner. Never again, I make a point of checking first who is going to do the cooking, now only stay in Morzine and Meribel and have a better chance of proper English food, and the locals tend to have learnt enough English to get by.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
sharon1953 wrote:
Boredsurfing, that seems a bit cheeky, can't think he would want bothering on here?

He is on here for the very same reasons that most people involved with the ski industry are on here......

To 1 give advice or chat about things he knows about that may be useful to the community as a whole
And 2 probably more importantly to protect his company from people starting argumentative threads which are searchable by google any time someone types in crystal ski holidays

Yes, that is the reason I am here too, I happen to enjoy helping people with boot problems so happily interact and answer questions which sometimes have been answered several times before........but I also want to know if someone is taking about my company on the forum be it good or bad, these things are important to business owners as they affect how people see their businesses. At the end of the day everyone is in business in some way and care how others perceive that business be it employment in a cafe or owning a holiday company
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sharon1953 wrote:
My argument with Crystal is that we have contracted for 7 nights half-board meals of the type and quality as per description both in the borchure and our booking confirmation, yet we are really only getting 6 of these meals; the 7th being a cold meal and no buffet. There isn't a meal on the flight either.

Hmmmmmm Puzzled

sharon1953 wrote:
I have asked Crystal for a discount to compensate so we can buy a hot meal elsewhere in the resort but had no response. Is this normal procedure for half-board packages or are my expectations too high?

This has been answered many times on snowHead's - for example here
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rogg wrote:

Have you read crystals T&Cs or are you just regurgitating sharon1963s assertion that there's a 'contract' in place. Crystals T&Cs state that the first ,meal is usually the first, and therefore not always.

Logically, I think you will find that the first meal is always the first meal (although whether it's a dinner or a breakfast is another matter!) wink Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
blahblahblah wrote:
hammerite wrote:

This also happened to me, in a restaurant. I was sitting there waiting for my steak and eggs, with a side dish of potatoes and bacon. THEY BROUGHT OUT A HOT STONE!!! gave me the raw ingredients an walked away, bloody French. What sort of meal out is that? Cook my own dinner. Never again, I make a point of checking first who is going to do the cooking, now only stay in Morzine and Meribel and have a better chance of proper English food, and the locals tend to have learnt enough English to get by.

The dirty b*****ds.

Sorry. Couldn't resist
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sah, caught my drift, thanks. I have been waiting for either your response or some abuse about "" and the locals tend to have learnt enough English to get by"" NehNeh
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
blahblahblah wrote:
sah, caught my drift, thanks. I have been waiting for either your response or some abuse about "" and the locals tend to have learnt enough English to get by"" NehNeh

Very Happy

So long as they don't try and put grapes in my cheese sandwich ...

I'm just waiting for the reply along the lines of ... "so you're supposed to put the meat on the stone? We did wonder why it was raw...". That must have been done. Surely?
ski holidays
Toofy Grin
snow report
pam w, we managed it on countless occasions from Innsbruck to St. Anton last year... Granted it was usually 3 hours for the majority but it is doable.
snow conditions
sah, love that CatherineTate sketch Laughing Laughing

hammerite, blahblahblah, Laughing Laughing Laughing Best hot stone I've ever had is at Simi at Furi, Zermatt. Fab.

sharon1953, hope you get your dinner, this particular issue wouldn't have narked me but similar ones might have like Crystal's ski carriage/baggage policy last year Toofy Grin

Let's hope the snow comes soon eh? Laughing
snow report
sharon1953, maybe you should have a listen to something nice to calm and relax you before you make the next move... maybe something from www.hypnosisrecordings.net will calm your nerved before you make that next call/email??
ski holidays
rolling eyes rolling eyes Are we sure this is not a grand Troll?

I of course judge my experience purely on the temperature of the food served

Above 80 degrees and I love my holiday
Below 30 degrees and life is not worth living

After all I have never had a good cold meal in my life.

I would be more worried about having little or no snow.

Complain all you like, I would be happy to say that if your complaints result in the kitchen having to stay open just for you I would not really wish to each the food you get, hot or not Shocked
snow conditions
Just because you entered into a contract with Crystal doesnt mean they have to deliver ? Their main competitors are on there way out and you are complaining. I suppose you are in a simialr situtaion to those public sector workers...............get in the real world and get on with it !
ski holidays
Smokin Joe, I work in a very real world thank you, more real than you can imagine - I don't work in the public sector, and I don't have a pension! Hope you feel better wink
snow report
sharon1953, Laughing I do thanks !
ski holidays
sah, excellent
latest report
kevindonkleywood wrote:
rolling eyes rolling eyes Are we sure this is not a grand Troll?
For sure.
Crystal's T&C clearly state "If you arrive after 10pm it is likely that a cold platter will be provided"
Global warming, Tsunamis, famine in East Africa, floods in Thailand, banking system meltdown and no snow and sharon1953 is worring about her dinner not being hot. Shocked
You'd be better with the early flight as delays with Thomson fly accumulate throughout the day, swap your flights.
ski holidays
Several years ago on a Crystal HB holiday to Austria. We had the chance to go on an evening trip to Igls to do a bob sleigh run. This would have meant either missing dinner, but we were not worried plenty of places to eat. Crystal had asked hotel to do us an early dinner, we decided against it did,nt fancy a bobsleigh ride on top of a 4 course dinner. So they arranged to leave us a cold platter in our room for when we got back.
It was wonderful salads, meats, several cheeses, pate, several different breads and loads more, bottle of wine, bottle of water and a pudding. We thought it was brilliant, made our evening.
ski holidays
Smokin Joe, Delighted to hear that Docters, Nurses, Immigration Officials, Custom and Excise, Army, Teachers, Police etc all live in some great fantasy world whilst bankers, accountants, wealth fund managers, IT consultants all live in the real world. Maybe your argument is over-simplistic?
snow report
Skihopper, I think that Smokin Joe's comment was irony. Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rosemary, how was the bobsleigh run?
ski holidays
sharon1953, your whole four courses are probs going to be buffet style, soup, main course, dessert, cheeses. if you think its going to be so divine that youre gutted youre going to lose one of the six evening meals then i think your expectations are too high and you will be disappointed. 4* rating mean basically our 3* standard, the quality of food can vary greatly. Im guessing that after five nights at the buffet you'll be sick of it. what hotel are you going to be staying at? have you looked at it on trip advisor?
latest report
Shimmy Alcott, nice to see you out of Apres wink wink
snow conditions
Timmaah, Absolutely scary but glad I did it. Hubby did it again the following year but I just could,nt. Very fast and you end up covered in bruises. Never again.
latest report
Molehill -> Mountain shock...

This is a tiny variation... and a danger of talking oneself out of enjoying the holiday at all...
ski holidays
sarah, Laughing just dont tell anyone you saw me here Laughing
ski holidays
Wise words from stoat of the dead

Shimmy Alcott, your secret's safe with me Laughing
ski holidays
As the mud-slinging now seems to be more of a personal nature than a general comment/discussion/debate - I see no point in continuing this dialogue. I wish you all a great season, a merry Christmas and Happy New year, may the snow fall in bucket loads, and be safe out there.
latest report
sharon1953, This isn't personal... it is an observation that it is easy to become hung up on one relatively small aspect of a holiday to the detriment of the overall enjoyment of it.

I shout and complain about the big stuff as much as anyone, and we have had some bad stories about Crystal on snowHeads. This is not big stuff.

The fact that many people here disagree with the emphasis which you place on this issue does not mean it is personal... Just that they disagree with you. Were you expecting complete agreement and total sympathy? On the internet? Throwing your toys out of the pram seems a bit... weird.... Shocked
snow report
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
sharon1953, your whole four courses are probs going to be buffet style, soup, main course, dessert, cheeses. if you think its going to be so divine that youre gutted youre going to lose one of the six evening meals then i think your expectations are too high and you will be disappointed. 4* rating mean basically our 3* standard, the quality of food can vary greatly. Im guessing that after five nights at the buffet you'll be sick of it. what hotel are you going to be staying at? have you looked at it on trip advisor?

Very doubtful! All the Austrian 4* hotels I've stayed in have been pretty super. The salad will be buffet (apparently it is compulsory to have salad with Austrian meals Toofy Grin ), the other courses will be from a choice of between 3-6 dishes. Don't forget this isn't a Crystal chalet hotel or whatever, Austrian hotels are lovely and I have never yet had poor food. There may be one evening where the main course will be a buffet.

Oh, we did have bad food once, last year at Ellmau, horrible food but it was a 3* if that, I'd call it 2*, and we got it very cheap. Obviously for a reason. There were only Crystal clients staying there and the lady who owned it did all the cooking as well. On the cheap, to the extent of watering down the orange juice for breakfast - we saw her do it! But it was a last minute deal and as I say, very cheap.
snow report
Quote:

to the extent of watering down the orange juice for breakfast

I knew I had been going wrong somewhere!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
stoat of the dead, I don't expect agreement, or sympathy thanks, wouldn’t have posted at all if I had, but I expect respect and common decency, especially on this forum. If you think that’s been the case here, perhaps you’ve not read all the responses as I have and I certainly don’t expect you to either. Some people don't know the meaning of the word respect (or constructive feedback for that matter) a sad fact of the 21st century.

cathy, I concur; we have never had bad food in an Austrian owned Hotel, even in a 3 * one. We went with an Irish tour operator 2 years ago that was £200 cheaper than all the others for the same deal, it was still excellent, same food as everyone else, same standard of room. The only ski holiday that has ever been less than superb was a Crystal ‘exclusive’ Club Hotel in France, run by Brits, owned by Brits – which is why I researched the hotel before booking! I know the food will be good, it gets mentioned in every review, it’s something we are looking forward to experiencing, just as we do when we go out for an evening meal here!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy