Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal's half-board meal falls short of description!

Poster: A snowHead
/\ This, exactly this.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This thread is very funny...

this made me laugh as well

sharon1953 wrote:
Hi, we don't ski anymore, we Skibob, Brenter Skibikes, and they don't like ice, great in slush though.

Maybe if sharon had booked a Crystal Skibobbing holiday instead of a Crystal Ski holiday... I don't know, i'm just trolling Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OMG this has a 10 pager written all over it!! but.................
1) I've never had anything less than excellent service at any Austrian Hotel I've ever stayed in.
2) TO's want your repeat business so do, on the whole, want you to have a good experience on holiday
3) The last thing your rep wants is a grumpy punter before the holiday starts
4) Hotel workers - british, eatern european or natives - are people too and work incredibly hard

Therefore RELAX!! IF, and its a big IF!!! there is a problem when you arrive then deal with it!
The food provided will probably be fine, if not - nip out and grab a meal somewhere and enjoy your 1st night. Then register your complaint to the resort manager and follow it up on your retuen to the UK with the TO.
Why anyone would set out expecting to have a problem on holiday is beyond me! Its what we work all year for and you should be looking forward to it with a smile on your face!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sharons complaint about not getting a hot meal every night must also apply to thousands of people who go to Turkey or other countries on evening flights. I find that many flights (from London) to Turkey with the tour operators tend to go late evenings. So allowing for a 4 hour flight, adding 2 or 3 hours to the time because of the time zone, collecting your luggage, passport control, customs, transfer to the hotel; many people don’t arrive at their hotels until well past midnight and sometimes up to 5am or 6am in the morning. So if on an All Inclusive package this means people have basically missed out on one nights worth of meals, drinks and entertainment even though they have paid for it. And you could argue that they have also paid for the room for that first night but were not actually able to use the room until the next morning. I wonder how many of those people think about this and actually complain to the tour operators?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Only the misserable ones.

If you use a TO with a brain you get a decent deal. We stayed in Thailand for 13 nights due to flights, time zones etc but our TO booked 14 nights. Why? Because if he did that we paid for 7 and got 7 free.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmm. Manchester Airport can be a very tricky spot to go from for some Ski resorts if you won't cough up for cars. We too don't want the fag of airport parking + time getting to bigger hubs, but I long ago realised that you get what you pay for. Food on these flights disappeared some time back and that's kept the cost down/profit up.

Crystal are a big, no-frills, provider and you may as well nut the nearest wall as expect first class service. Their job is to process you.

Find a small independent, get to talk with a person who (usually) appears interested in your well-being and feel you are getting real value for money and not being treated as a piece of meat. ALL of our best ski trips have been with independents.

If it's difficult to get to where you want to go - just give it up and go somewhere new.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boll***s, I've been with Crystal the last few times and haven't had a problem.

Depends how much pampering you want, if you want a rep to wipe your back bottom then fair enough. All I want from the TO is taking from manchester to my hotel and from there all I need the rep for is to find out what time I need to be ready to be collected to go home.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What he said /\

If you want first class service, pay first class prices - don't go with Crystal in the first place!

Can't believe how much whingeing about nothing there is in this thread. If you ask your chalet host nicely and aren't a complete tw@t about it (this may be a tall order for some of you I know) I'm sure they will sort you out with some food. Most chalet staff aren't total bellends and will help you happily (at whatever time of day or night) if you are reasonable and fairly nice to them. If you turn up all uppity and complaining about nothing they will do the opposite.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andy'n'netty wrote:

Why anyone would set out expecting to have a problem on holiday is beyond me! Its what we work all year for and you should be looking forward to it with a smile on your face!

Exactly!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
shoogly wrote:
sharon1953 wrote:
Hi, we don't ski anymore, we Skibob, Brenter Skibikes, and they don't like ice, great in slush though.
So she should not be elligible to partake in the "FREE daily après ski snack 4.00pm-5.00pm"

Crystals description of meals "• hot and cold buffet breakfast • 4 course evening meals with choice of main course • daily salad and starter buffets" it does not say the dinner is hot.

Their T&C's state "If you arrive after 10pm it is likely that a cold platter will be provided and if you have an early morning departure hotels may not be able to provide a full breakfast." sharon1953 seems to be dissing Crystal and winding us up. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just a thought,

Why not e-mail the hotel direct, with a nice polite e-mail, even do it via Google translate into the language of that hotel.

Along the lines of

" Hello, i wonder if you could help, we are arriving at your hotel for a weeks stay on xxx2012, we are on a late flight so i anticipate we will not be checking in till xxxxpm.
Would it be at all possible if we could have a hot meal of some description as opposed to a cold meal on arrival.

Many thanks and looking forwards to staying with you,
Sincerely

Mr and Mrs XXXXX.

I have done it with hotels in summer resorts, worked 99% of the time
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Perhaps we should all rate TO's according to Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
On another note, has someone murdered Shazza, or is she avoiding us all now.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
blackwellm wrote:
Perhaps we should all rate TO's according to sharon1953's Heirarchy of Needs.

Fixed for you.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just heard from my daughter as three coach loads of future Crystal chalet girls and boys / reps etc approach ADH for their training after having had a very bumpy crossing on the ferry last night - only trouble is my daughters coach has broken down on a hair pin and they're going to have to get mini buses for them - great to see that they're getting the true punters experience all ready (must be part of their training) - though not too sure whether it's a hot or cold meal that they think they will get on arrival Laughing
snow conditions
Weathercam, My sincerest sympathy to your offspring. They're the one's taking the real flak without much money or support. Here's hoping she has a great time.
ski holidays
Timbobaggins wrote:
On another note, has someone murdered Shazza, or is she avoiding us all now.

She left the discussion yesterday! Wished everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, which was nice.
latest report
Sharon1953, guessing that means she was born in 1953 which makes her the same age as my dad, who's a miserable git and likes to complain about things. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
ski holidays
bogeylogey, Whats the chances of you being about 58, female and your name is Sharon.
latest report
homers double wrote:
bogeylogey, Whats the chances of you being about 58, female and your name is Sharon.

Blimey the plot thickens
snow conditions
homers double wrote:

I think the chances might be ........ slim to none!! Sorry to disappoint you all though!! NehNeh
ski holidays
Even moreso if Sharon is Bob's dad...
ski holidays
I was more implying that certain people begin to enjoy complaining about minor things when they reach a certain age...

I hope my dad would have the decency never to be seen on a skibob or skibike.
snow report
No one should be seen on a skibob or skibike lol They should be banished forever!!!!!
I've never seen one that actually looked like the person riding was actually in control!!
snow conditions
I saw a Kona Coiler converted to run a front ski in Sauze last season.

How very dare they!

Riding a Kona, for shame!
ski holidays
andy'n'netty wrote:
No one should be seen on a skibob or skibike lol They should be banished forever!!!!!
I've never seen one that actually looked like the person riding was actually in control!!

They're actually pretty fun. Not brilliant in steep moguls though. Especially moguls disguised under a thin layer of powder and fog.
latest report
.. and often used by folks with a physical inability to ski
snow report
Such a lot of intolerance in this thread Sad She just asked for opinion as her holiday wasn't matching her expectations.

We very rarely have a late arrival as we like to get to a resort early, have a wander round, buy lift pass etc, ready for bright & early the next day. On the one occasion we did, we had a lovely platter of meats, cheeses & bread in our room. I never dreamt of thinking it wasn't the hot dinner that I should have had. And I'd be quite happy to have the same in the future. If there were no food at all, that might be a different matter! However, that is me. I haven't given my opinion on Sharon1953's query and haven't needed to be nasty.

And it's certainly not necessary to make fun of them using skibikes - as long as they are happy with that and they can get round the mountains, why not?

It would be interesting to know if Crystal get charged a lower rate by the hotel if one meal isn't taken in the restaurant, although I doubt it Confused
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
She just asked for opinion as her holiday

....and that is exactly what she got. Both barrels of it.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
.. and often used by folks with a physical inability to ski

I mistakenly thought they were the ski version of mobility scooters, my mistake, will be a bit politer next time.
latest report
Guvnor, absolutely! And all cylinders Toofy Grin
snow report
Lechbob wrote:
Their T&C's state "If you arrive after 10pm it is likely that a cold platter will be provided and if you have an early morning departure hotels may not be able to provide a full breakfast."

Yep, end of story really. And that was also pointed out several days/pages ago, hence ...

moffatross wrote:
I can't believe this thread even exists. Laughing

So, why then does this thread still exist. Confused

Anyway, it's snowing in Scotland. Toofy Grin
latest report
bobmcstuff wrote:
I was more implying that certain people begin to enjoy complaining about minor things when they reach a certain age...

Is this because;

(a) Those who are younger have only ever experienced the poor service and attempted scams that are endemic these days and therefore expect it?

(b) Those that are older finally reach a point where they feel confident and secure enough to say 'I'm not putting up with this sh*t anymore'?

I don't know the answer, but I agree it is true that older people do seem to complain more. However, I don't agree that we 'enjoy' doing it - It's hard work fighting off the shysters, the hucksters and the downright devious everyday of our lives!

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 1-12-11 14:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Quote:
So, why then does this thread still exist.

Not sure, but I am going to guess that the Crystal advertising budget doesn't stretch to buying Phil Keith lunch, otherwise it would've been pulled a long time ago....
snow report
went to Courchevel 1850 on a Crystal Finest trip last season, Chalet was brilliant, the guy running our chalet was brilliant, the other reps that visited to help him out when it got busy were brilliant.

Having said that, on the first night we did arrange to meet them and bought them all a couple of drinks, amazing how that little act of courtesy secured us a wonderful holiday, we also bought a joint of meat one night as it was clear the budget wasn't going to stretch to anything too unusual, the host cooked it to perfection and there was enough left for his friends.

but hey, much better to start off with a moan about cold food and then go on to admit that you're a snow-cyclist, you couldn't make that up if you tried!
snow conditions
cathy said
Quote:

Such a lot of intolerance in this thread She just asked for opinion as her holiday wasn't matching her expectations.

Aye - some people seem to love the opportunity to show off how good they are some sort of 'super-punter' though. Bizarre.

Quote:

And it's certainly not necessary to make fun of them using skibikes - as long as they are happy with that and they can get round the mountains, why not?

I know, you'd think she'd admitted to being a blader or something!!

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 1-12-11 17:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Standee, I think you should invoice Crystal for the first night beers and joint Laughing

Very Happy
ski holidays
snowymum wrote:
Assuming the original post is correct Crystal could have put a little asterix in their brochure to say if you get flight x the meal will be ...

Wouldn't the wings have stuck out from the side of the brochure?
ski holidays
shoogly wrote:
Standee, I think you should invoice Crystal for the first night beers and joint Laughing

Re-read that and you make him out to be a stoner.
ski holidays
Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy