Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Terra Nova,La Plagne or Diva,Tignes? reccommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've kind of narrowed my search for a late deal hol in a few weeks time to 2 hotels - the Terra Nova in Plagne Centre or Hotel Diva in Tignes - now i've been to Tignes many times so know it well and is probably my favourite resort , though never stayed in the Diva so this looks a pretty nice place and i always like returning to Tignes- anyone stayed at the Diva if so what did you thinkl?

I'm more interested in what people think of the Terra Nova and La Plagne area in general in comparrison to Espace Killy - the ski in/ski out seems really appealing, is it worth getting area lift passes or just local?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've stayed at the diva, it was great. Technically it's a four star but french hotels are graded on the presence of facilities not how good they are - in this case though the hotel was excellent. I'd happily stay there again but I doubt I'll ever be able to afford it, we manage to get alast minute week for £300 each (h/b). Food was excellent, rooms comfortable, staff very helpful.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We've stayed at the Diva a couple of times out of season and really enjoyed it.

It's a lovely hotel with a very good buffet dinner each evening.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
nbt, exactly my experience, last minute booking, very happy, would deffo go back, but probably can't afford it......
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Atomic_Mick wrote:
I've kind of narrowed my search for a late deal hol in a few weeks time to 2 hotels - the Terra Nova in Plagne Centre or Hotel Diva in Tignes - now i've been to Tignes many times so know it well and is probably my favourite resort , though never stayed in the Diva so this looks a pretty nice place and i always like returning to Tignes- anyone stayed at the Diva if so what did you thinkl?

I'm more interested in what people think of the Terra Nova and La Plagne area in general in comparrison to Espace Killy - the ski in/ski out seems really appealing, is it worth getting area lift passes or just local?

Mick

I stayed in 1800 last year and we had some mates staying in the terra nova, they'd been there before and chose to go back (by the time we booked it was full) - they really liked the place It's a bit on the large side - so feels more like a hotel than a chalet or similar. You can't beat it for location, you exit the boot room, ski down a pretty flat green run and then either take the new 'bergerie' lift up over towards bellecote, or drop onto the nursery lift and come back towards the centre, coming back you can just scoot under the UCPA within plagne centre and the terra nova is a couple of hundred yards further on on the left. It's only a shortish walk into the 'commercial' bit of the centre itself and a few bevvies in Scotties.

LP is a bit 'renowned' for flat intermediate cruising - and it's true to say that the more challenging pistes tend to be at either side of the domain (the blacks above montalbert are more entertaining than others), and around the glacier, and if you fancy a challenge then there's always the north face. As to the area vs. local then if you like to clock up the mileage the go for it, after all it's only 2 lifts (and a rope tow) to get to the Vanoise express from the terra nova.

A change is as good as a break right!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies - i was gonna go for La Plagne but the deals had already gone by the time i tried to book it - we've ended up booking the Hotel Viking in Morzine instead - that's what i call proper ski in/ski out - lets just hope theres snow or cold enough now over the next 3 weeks if not theres always the pool!

Any tips on ski schools in Morzine?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stayed at the Viking last year and it was fantastic. Smallish rooms but very comfortable. Buffet meals all excellent and as for the location - wow !! The views over the valley as the sun set were amazing. Just great to be up the mountain when everybody else had skiied down for the day. Fairly easy to get into Morzine in the evening for a few beers using the Pleney cable car.
We also loved the pool, especially being in there as the piste machines rumbled past. Our 6 year old loved it ! You will have a great time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy