Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

US resort calls a halt to snow shovel racing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Angel Fire ski resort in New Mexico has called a halt to a 30-year tradition by stopping its yearly snow shovel racing events. The risk of accidents has made it impossible for the races - which can involve very high speeds and heavily modified shovels - to continue.
Quote:
The first organized race was held in 1975. The super modified shovel racers reach speeds of nearly 80 mph and are equipped with 5-point harnesses and a state-of-the-art braking system that uses a nitrogen gas-powered ram to push a cultivator plow into the ground and bring the sled to a stop.

This report from Natives.co.uk.

But is it any more dangerous than

wok racing???
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith, I was up at Angel Fire a couple of weeks ago. Interesting place, almost a Texan enclave in New Mexico. They were saying that they have more freedom than most resorts to organise wacky events, because the land is owned by them, not by the Forest Service as is often the case with US resorts. That's probably why they were able to get away with running the shovel event for so long...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I used to slide on toilet seat covers...great fun
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy