Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need Help Planning for Christmas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, i don't know if anyone can help or advise us on planning a Christmas ski trip.

We have skied once before, the kids all did a weeks beginners course, can they now go on an intermediate course?

My wife and i would do beginners again (we didn't do any extra practice Embarassed ) We will need ski-hire. So thats 5 courses and equipment hire.

Being beginners and with a low budget we don't mind where we go.
We want food included but don't' mind a hotel or s/c chalet.

Our budget is around £3500 - is this possible?

2 adults
3 children (16/13/11)

Fly from: Manchester
depart: 24/25 December for 7 nights

Destination: Open
Accommodation: Open

I am happy to try and put a package together (if the budget is too low to go with an operator) but really dont' know how to go about it.

thanks Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MDUK, kids: depends on how much they improved last time. Did they get a badge or anything which would indicate that they had passed a basic level and could move on to the next?

Everything else: check out the tour op websites and agencies like Iglu or ifyouski frst. I'm told there's still lots of availability and good deals on the go for Christmas.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd say £700pp to include flights, accom, food, lessons & hire is pretty optimistic - still got lift passes on top of that too.

We've got space over Christmas that I'm pretty keen to sell, but we can only offer 21st-28th Dec. Could that work for you? Worth me trying to put a package together for you?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Guys, i don't think they got any certificates, i can check. i will check out the websites you suggested.

i am working up until the 23rd so 24th is earliest we can go. I hadn't even thought about lift passes Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OK, have found a few for around £550 on iglu. are you able to tell me (very roughly) what do i need to budget on top? ski lift and passes, equipment hire and lesson please?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
MDUK, depends on your destination, pick a small resort,and you won't need high mileage. Have a look at Snowbizz based in Puy St Vincent? http://www.snowbizz.co.uk/puy-st-vincent.htm
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MDUK, go back to Google. That information is all out there - look at tourist office, ski school and lift company websites for the resort in question. I might sound dismissive, but these prices vary a lot according to resort and you're best to do your own research in the first instance.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@lizzard, no probs, thanks

@hellsbellspuy st vincent looks lovely, i have just emailed snowbizz, thanks
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
MDUK, figure in the following ballparks:

Lift passes - 150€-230€ per adult, per week (kids usually around 1/3 off).
Equipment hire - 80€-150€ per adult, per week (kids again 30-50% off).
Lessons - 140-200€ per person per week for group lessons (kids usually pay full adult price).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Still time to head off to the nearest fridge or dry slope and brush up the skills!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@stevomcd - that helps a lot, thank you.

@davkt, might not be a bad idea!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi! With family -we are usally go to Lungen "panorama" resort. We are swiss but we like the family friendlyness and the lack of phony "experts". Ski courses, beginner tracks and extreme sport rental is on scene. I would check it.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh yeah the prices: they are modest: about 100 CHF / 3 day skipass / person and the accomodation is okay on price too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy