Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 3 Vallées 2023/24 - Courchevel, Meribel, Val Thorens etc

Poster: A snowHead
First the good news. Various groups are now offering to provide pre-season discount codes for 30-40% savings on all classes of 3V and single valley season passes. These are dependant on getting 200 registered applicants before the 12 November.

Meribel property owners can apply through https://www.alp-meribel.com/decouvrir/avantages/ . There is a 30 Euro joining fee but the registered member can apply for multiple passes. Registration and payment can be completed online. 170 registrations have been submitted to date.

Alternatively, anyone can apply through the Marie de Bozel https://www.mairiedebozel.fr/2023/10/19/adhesion-alb-saison-2023-2024/ There is a 10 Euro joining fee. Apparently, you can register via e-mail and complete a bank transfer.

Now the bad news. Full price, 3V adult season passes have gone up to 1550 Euros. There are no free 3V season passes for over 75s this year. Apparently, this is due to Val Thorens not offering free passes. Free Meribel and Courchevel over 75 passes, however, are still available. Over 75 3V season passes are now 387.50 Euros.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thought I'd give this an extra nudge as people are still using last years thread.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Mike S,
At the risk of reigniting another earlier thread, a full season for the over 75s at about the same price that everyone else pays for a single week, is still an absolute bargain.
But no doubt a few will still feel that they have 'paid all their skiing lives' for their free passes. Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It has finally started feeling a little like autumn out here... Lots of rain the last couple of days - snowline at 2300m so a little bit of white on the upper slopes of Courchevel today:

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Exciting. Can’t wait. 12 weeks and counting Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lucywuk wrote:

6 in my case Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowhound wrote:
@Mike S,
At the risk of reigniting another earlier thread, a full season for the over 75s at about the same price that everyone else pays for a single week, is still an absolute bargain.
But no doubt a few will still feel that they have 'paid all their skiing lives' for their free passes. Very Happy
I don't at all begrudge paying for a pass, particularly if discounts are available. I think it's the 'now you see it, now you don't' element which has disgruntled me a bit. wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JayRo wrote:
Lucywuk wrote:

6 in my case Happy

6 weeks in my case too. I am based in VT from 08th - 13th Dec. Hopeful that I will be able to access the wider 3V (I will be paying for a 3V pass anyhow). 3V website suggesting all valley links will be open from the 09th. Now we look to the snow gods to do the rest…
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Mike S, thanks for the link, I have seen this mentioned elsewhere but couldn't quite work out how to join. All joined up and will be interested to see if Meribel hits the 200. worth a 30 euro punt given pass is now 1,550 euros !
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret wrote:
[b] will be interested to see if Meribel hits the 200
Alp Meribel registrations have now passed the 200 mark, so we should be receiving the discount codes shortly. I have also heard that a friend has successfully applied for the Bozel scheme via e-mail and submitting his 10 Euro membership subscription by bank transfer. Apparently, the Bozel scheme also provides a discount to Aquamotion in Courchevel.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 29-10-23 15:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@skimottaret I hope that you are aware that, in addition to taking out the Alp-Meribel membership, you have to register for individual passess via https://docs.google.com/.../1FAIpQLSf68HyAxP6XjX.../viewform
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A lot fewer shared chalets this year. Definitely suffering from both the Brexit and post-Covid hit. We went with Meriski this year and had a nice time but they aren't even trading for the coming season. We like the great food, hot tub and minibus to pick you up places, but most of them are whole chalet bookings only now. We can't be bothered to do self catering, and I'm not overly keen on the new idea of serviced chalets where they leave you stuff to warm up.

Things could open up in a month or so, I guess, I don't think we booked until December last year. We live in the desert now so the journey is a little more complicated than nipping to Luton and jumping on an EasyJet flight!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Mike S, I didn’t thanks for the heads up . Travelling at the moment so didn’t have time to review , will add my name to the list merci
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Les Menuires Ski Club membership available as well for 12 euros details here: https://www.clubsportsmenuires.com/actualite/9190
Of the six discounted options available via the group purchase scheme, the 3V season pass option is listed first, but it will not be selectable until 6th November.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bozel have started issuing discount codes for season passes to registered members of their group. I haven't seen anything from Alp-Meribel yet.
snow conditions
@Mike S, tried the google doc link and wasn’t working, is that still a requirement?
ski holidays
@skimottaret, yes, you need to complete the Google form for each season pass application. I have just brought up the form by going to https://www.alp-meribel.com/acces-membres-alp-meribel/ and then clicking on 'Inscription ici', which brings up https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf68HyAxP6XjXBmWAVIeao1Up51Rvbx61IFKHSnlIbG6QRJcg/viewform . You may have to be logged into your Alp-Meribel account before you can access 'Espace adherents' then 'Mes Avantages adherents'.
latest report
Cheers, those links worked out. all signed up and will await discount codes Smile
snow report
@Mike S, I havent gotten my discount codes as of yet, how bout you ?
snow report
None of these lovely discounts apply to a 6 day pass I presume ?
snow conditions
@skimottaret No, not yet. I believe that we should be receiving them shortly.
snow report
@eblunt No, I am afraid not.
snow report
Another link for discounted season passes for Belleville Valley based skiers.

https://a-b-s-l.s2.yapla.com/fr/adh-sion-ski-forfait-saison-trois-vall-es-illimit-early-booking-9200/

I've just gone through the whole exercise. The cynic in me thought it might not work or there would be a catch.
It worked fine. However, a few tips.
IT NEEDS TO BE DONE BY 19TH NOVEMBER.
The application to join the association requires you to say if you will need a new physical lift pass card. Being ultra cautious I went online to check the serial numbers on our old passes, only to find that Les Menuires' new website for passes had lost all the old info. As I am in the UK and the passes are in France, I was glad I did that first. The Association's form doesn't like UK phone numbers or postcodes, so enter your French address if you have one (we also have an eSim French phone number).
So I joined the association-individual applications required for me and Mr P. The applications were each confirmed first by email.

After about an hour the emails with the discount codes arrived. They said they have to be used by 10th Dec (though our local friends say within 3 days of being granted).
The link for buying passes was to the VT website. Not a problem. On the season pass purchase option-click on "Associations order". Each purchase has to be done with the respective discount code which is applied after you have confirmed it you need a new physical pass and paid for Carre Neige. I did them one at a time and paid separately.
All confirmed and ready for collection from the ticket office in VT. Mr P and a friend are planning a trip out on 24th given the conditions so he can pick them up then.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 13-11-23 16:26; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@Perty, @Mike S, I have started a new thread for Passes as this one really should be for weather conditions and snow reports...
ski holidays
@skimottaret, noted! Thanks Madeye-Smiley
latest report
The links are helpful thank you. Is this for residents or are second home owners with an address in Les Menuires able to apply please?
If over 65 do you just apply for the full rate pass?
snow conditions
@Duster Second home owners are elligible for the Alp-Meribel scheme, so I presume that the same is true for the Belleville Valley. The Bozel scheme is open to anybody, irrespective of where they live.
Yes, if you are over 65, apply for the full rate pass. The discounted pass is cheaper (1085 Euros) than the standard over 65 pass.

Will continue on the '3V's discounted season passes' thread from now.
snow report
I have a couple of questions...we will arrive at Les Menuires at 30 December.
But i am a little bit comfused about the parking. In the website from LesMen they mention that there are free parking places in every area of Les Menuires. But can someone leave the car for the whole week? or only for a couple of houres? and then you have to go to a parking place which you have booked.

And one more questoi....we will be with the kids and the will be in the ski school from 09.00 till 12.00 pm
Worth it to buy the 3V pass? or Les Menuires is enough? I mean is it easy to go e.g. till Meribel or takes two much times and we will not use the 3V Pass? for the whole family is 212 Euro mehr. I am really comfused.

From La Plagne we managed to go a couple of times to Les Arcs after the ski school. Is it easier to cruise around the 3V? or more complicated?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Depends on the ability of your kids. You might want to have a 3V pass for yourself and your partner, so you can nip off in the morning (it's easy to get over to the top of Saulire in Courchevel), and then ski Les Menuires in the afternoon. At this time of year there won't be a lot of light after the ski lessons and then lunch, so maybe just a Les Menuires pass for the kids, and perhaps get a one day 3V upgrade on their day off from lessons.
snow conditions
@turms2, yes, there is free parking all over the resort and you can leave your car there all week. A lot of the free parking is on the side of the roads into and through the resort (though you pay for it right in the middle). It is not under cover, so if it snows it is always a good idea to dig your car out as soon as you can-the snow can set solid if you leave it too long and it becomes harder to clear the snow out of the way and move your car at the end of the week. You are arriving in a busy week so you may have to park some distance from your accommodation (There may be covered parking under some buildings, but I think you probably do have to pay for it).

On the issue of whether to get a 3 V pass-that probably depends on how well you and your children ski. It is very easy to ski over to the Meribel side-there are 5 places along the ridge above Menuires where you can drop down into the Meribel side, and also into Val Thorens.
ski holidays
There is a Covered parking on the other side o f the slope bit till 1.90m and our car need mind. 2m
Out Immobilier can arrange a covered place in a 4* Chalet a little bit further but i think it is not worth it. Better to use the 70 Euro to buy an upgrade for the ski pass (70 euro is the 1/3 of the total cost) or for a dinner
However i would try to split the Distance Stalingrad somewhere in the middle of the way at friday night on order to arrive before 12.00 pm in order to ski half day at saturday
snow report
Anyone booked for opening weekend at Val Thorens (25th/26th)? Thinking of heading over for the day but unsure given the rain recently what the condition of the snow will be
snow conditions
Quick update from the Courchevel end of the 3V - last weekend Saturday was spectacular (apparently... I was busy helping at a bring & buy for the kids' freestyle ski club...) - cold fresh snow on a great base (for those willing to skin for it) & loads of people out and about. A little bit of fresh even down in Bozel in the morning, and the Friday had been carnage in resort on the roads by all accounts.

On Sunday the temps shot up though and we had torrential rain to 2500/3000m Mon/Tues - big flooding problems in lots of places - Albertville-Chambery motorway and Route Nationale shut on Mon night.

Photo shows current state of affairs as of Friday afternoon:

Snowline approx 1600m...
ski holidays
offpisteskiing wrote:
Quick update from the Courchevel end of the 3V - last weekend Saturday was spectacular (apparently... I was busy helping at a bring & buy for the kids' freestyle ski club...) - cold fresh snow on a great base (for those willing to skin for it) & loads of people out and about. A little bit of fresh even down in Bozel in the morning, and the Friday had been carnage in resort on the roads by all accounts.

On Sunday the temps shot up though and we had torrential rain to 2500/3000m Mon/Tues - big flooding problems in lots of places - Albertville-Chambery motorway and Route Nationale shut on Mon night.

Photo shows current state of affairs as of Friday

afternoon:

Snowline approx 1600m...

Great update thank you. Be interesting to hear the thoughts of folks who are in VT today for the pre opening!
ski holidays
Moorzee10 wrote:

Great update thank you. Be interesting to hear the thoughts of folks who are in VT today for the pre opening!

Should be able to tell you shortly - had a few friends heading that way...
snow report
We demand a VT review!
ski holidays
Val Thorens opened yesterday (a week early) and has skiing down to the village.
snow report
Woop Woop - New dumb question from me but for the three valleys it mentions a 'partial opening from 2nd to 8th December' for the connecting lifts I assume? Does this mean it will be possible to reach VT from Meribel that week?
snow conditions
Whitegold wrote:
Val Thorens opened yesterday (a week early) and has skiing down to the village.

They do better than Schladming !
ski holidays
@Thew2002, I think 'partial opening' is refering to the fact that significant parts of 3V are not scheduled to open until the 9th or later. (Les Menuires, St Martin, La Tania, Courchevel Moriond).

So no guarantees. But more likely that you can ski to VT than to ski back to Meribel! Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy