Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The view from............ Val d'Isere and the Espace Killy

Poster: A snowHead
Surprising

I woke far too early - Not sure why but everyone in this household seems to be waking too early at the moment.

Getting the kids ready for school was challenging this morning - they were dragging their heels a LOT! Anyway I dropped the kids to the bus then got ready for my session which was with a reader / follower on here but mainly also on my insta feed too.

The snow was truly excellent this morning as there was about 5 (10 in some places) fresh light, dry powder that had blanketed the whole resort overnight... it must have snowed quite intensely in the early hours. Anyway it was super easy to find lovely creamy snow for the first hour. So we made the most off the side of Verte / Borsat and all sorts of variations. The trick was making sure the underlying snow was smooth as much as possible as you had to ski the underlying surface really. Anyway very very nice and a real bonus. The temps were low enough to keep the snow good but we needed to be mindful of the Spring aspect of the snow transforming. Doing the last lap on the Jardins Borsat back to the Grand Pre is was really transforming so I umm'ed and ahh'ed about the best next option and decided a way out wide version of Tour du Charvet would be best. It was certainly lovely out there but the lower we got and the later it got in the day it softened up massively. Anyway it was a really lovely morning... most surprising the snow but darn good morning.

I had quite a rushed lunch as needed to answer quite a few messages on email etc but got it all done.

The afternoon was with a nice couple who have their first level NZ ski qualification. The main thing we needed to suss was getting the correct slow for the conditions. They were a little sceptical when I promised them that the Arcelle would be good at this time of the day... softening up nicely in the early afternoon sun... I was correct it was really nice! We ended up doing 3 laps working on their short turns before skiing back home down the front working on moguls! Bravo folks!

The heat in the sun meant that it takes its toll on the body... apart from lots of aftersun cream im rather whacked by the sun.

I collected Olivia after gymnastics and headed home whilst Clare took Ben to swimming lesson and then got him home. Another day of the season passes by... only another month or so then it all starts to wind up!

So the results from Olivias race are finally in.... 4th in run one and 2nd in run two amongst girls in 2014... between Val and Tignes alone she was fastest girl in both runs from 2014. The girl that keeps winning is about 20cm taller than Olivia already and about 10kg heavier - so hopefully she can make up the gap over time. Haha!

TTFN

So close to the piste but so perfect too!

Which track is mine do you think?

Look at the lovely snow!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go Olivia!!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's a great result. Physical size and strength ccan cause huge advantages in young kids and it always levels out
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, well done Olivia and a big round of applause for the ski coach, parents, helpers and hail to the bus driver for all getting up early to make it all happen.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Interesting to see that Santons closed later
on yesterday, presumably due to avalanche risk. Piste L was closed too when I got to it (although there were a few people skiing down it).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dr John wrote:
Aménagement de l'accès à l'Aiguille Percée

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=GXFposVmJkGZkbCo0V02f3_S7kbiqUhPnNLwzaEvmANUM1E2QVE1QU5aV1UySjNTMVA5RTNXQ08yWC4u&fbclid=IwAR1kdxe3CPXUQpgyffOo0yeScdZORJ-rAqvuPWPgNnSOvqPWNJE7CmxHVlY

Get your votes in ladies and gentelmen

Just out of interest where did you source that survey from. I've looked at all the sites I can think of - but to no avail!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chocksaway wrote:
Dr John wrote:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=GXFposVmJkGZkbCo0V02f3_S7kbiqUhPnNLwzaEvmANUM1E2QVE1QU5aV1UySjNTMVA5RTNXQ08yWC4u&fbclid=IwAR1kdxe3CPXUQpgyffOo0yeScdZORJ-rAqvuPWPgNnSOvqPWNJE7CmxHVlY

Just out of interest where did you source that survey from. I've looked at all the sites I can think of - but to no avail!

I saw the link on Facebook
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Steve Angus, Ta, the one place I don't reside!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lynnecha - thank you.
Frosty the Snowman - yea totally re the size thing. There was a U14 forerunner who did it in 38secs (Olivia was circa 47secs) but the girl that beat Olivia in her year did it in about 46secs but was about 10kg heavier and at least 10cm taller. Anyway for a second I thought this girl who beat Olivia was another U14 age group forerunner - such was her size - haha!
PeakyB - like at all levels there is a huge support team to get that person to the top so to speak... it was most definitely a team effort thats for sure. I really enjoyed it actually - looking forward to the races next year thats for sure!
sugarmoma666 - yes most definitely terrain traps for avalanches. Always have both closed from midday'ish onwards at this time of the year thats for sure! Doesnt stop people ducking ropes etc no. Remember those kids and their teacher that got caught in Deux Alpes skiing a closed piste a few years back!!!!!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Steve Angus, Dave The Rocket training on that very nice Ste Foy stad today

https://instagram.com/stories/skiclubsaintefoy/3063404483663909449?igshid=YjNmNGQ3MDY=
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Rob Mackley wrote:
@Steve Angus, Dave The Rocket training on that very nice Ste Foy stad today

https://instagram.com/stories/skiclubsaintefoy/3063404483663909449?igshid=YjNmNGQ3MDY=

Ah thanks for bringing that to my attention - its something to do with Apex in Tignes doing something with him this week too. Cool
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thought it could be they train there a lot
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Steve Angus wrote:
chocksaway wrote:
Dr John wrote:

I saw the link on Facebook

Same, one of the seasonnaire groups, forget which one.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not quite as I had imagined

For some reason I woke really early again this morning - doh!

Anyway getting the kids out the door was tricky this am - lots of squabbling unfortunately! Anyway finally got them out the door and then I could get to the meeting point. I had planned to do a live broadcast but ended up getting sidetracked (bumping into someone), answering a couple of messages etc and suddenly the time had flown by - whoops!

I had assumed that today was a corporate group and linked to other corporate groups that some colleagues are doing today but I got a shock. Firstly the TO had been tasked working out who the booking was with as the client didnt know so I got a phone call asking where our meet point was, name of our ski school etc.... all very weird. Anyway it turned out to be a group of friends who had booked a full days guiding and showing around the resort but they could only actually do a half (or so day). Im not sure how they really new each other as they were only in Val for a few days before most of them were leaving and swapping with another group later in the week - will be clients of the main guy by that stage - the organiser! This group of friends came from (yes), London, Surrey, Florida, Texas, Idaho, New York and Connecticut.... im still puzzled how they really knew each other!

Anyway after establishing what they wanted out the session (for a rare occurrence they were REALLY specific about where and how etc). So we headed for some piste cruising all the way over and up the Grand Motte and I acted as a tour guide, giving them some background and history and pointing out landmarks etc. The weather was decent which always helps and with a thin veil of clouds things softened up much more slowly than normal meaning the pistes were in excellent condition.

Finally (we didnt quite get enough time to head to Brev and back!) we got to the main event of the day (for them) - a table had been booked outside at the Fruitiere. Im not a massive fan as you may know of the Folie for various reasons but when you are literally being paid to be there as they had long planned this boozy pm and 'accidentally' booked a full rather than 1/2 a day with me it was rather pleasant sitting in the sun. They were so amazed by it all - they loved it. Getting there quite early when it was calm and watching it ramp up was quite nice really. The food was decent, the cabaret good and the weather good. They drank a lot, I watched and finally when lunch was over and they were getting onto their umpteenth bottle and having explained how to get home etc I made my excuses and got out of there. I ended up spending the allocated time with them but there was no way I was going to manhandle a group of drink men / mainly Americans out of there. Besides when I showed them the gondola etc it was hopefully making sense for them to take that down - hmmm we shall see!

I have been spending a fair amount of time this evening getting ready for the heli trip to Bonneval I am doing with some seasonnaires on Thursday - so much sorting and cat herding needs to be done - eeek!

Im shattered so must get that finalised and into bed.

TTFN

Veil of cloud this afternoon - didnt make too much different to the otherwise glorious day out there.

This is Come - the fastest boy at the race on Sunday - from Val CS and so far streets ahead of the competition - watch this space for his future in ski racing!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
where was the avalanche in Tignes yesterday? there is a video claiming it was in Tignes, floating around on instagram
snow conditions
mcg wrote:
where was the avalanche in Tignes yesterday? there is a video claiming it was in Tignes, floating around on instagram

Not that I'm aware off. Maybe tboufj
ski holidays
Steve Angus wrote:
I made my excuses and got out of there

Ha, ha Very Happy
ski holidays
mcg wrote:

I think the video you are referring to was from last week, and was taken from the Lanches lift. It was indeed in Tignes.
snow conditions
Steve Angus wrote:
PeakyB wrote:
Well I thought I knew Val D reasonably well but you’ve lost me there, after Cugnai and Datcha Laughing
Whatever, it looks and sounds as though you’ve had a fabulous day.

I'll translate:

- 'Datcha' = area off to right as u go up said lift
- 'nose super l' = anywhere off to left as you go along mattis path road (but usually come off the path real early)
- 'orientation' piste is the red from top laisenant lift towards signal restaurant. Went skiers left today
- 'signal' drag (hope u know where that is)... As you go up then the area to the left of it
- 'grand vallon' the area to left when you get to top of that drag.... We went hard left back along the ridge today
- 'Col Pers'.... As you go up Cascades chair look to 9 o'clock - the little low point is the entrance... Grand torsai is a big landmark when you go down there to avoid the impassable gorge which you don't want to be near at the moment.
- 'sunny bowl' - top pyramids chair and the bowl straight ahead of you
- 'danaides'.... Imagine you were skiing down from top piste L.... It's the area sort of up above u to the left coming down to the L piste... Avoiding the cliffs etc of course.

Hope that helps.

This may explain Col Pers:-

http://youtube.com/v/KWaV7xPuEWo
latest report
@Kenzie, thanks Smile
Understand exactly where it is now. Those Go Pro type cameras can make slopes look much flatter and more benign than they really are. That looks enjoyable and not too risky, as long as you avoid a dip in the river Very Happy
snow conditions
Sunny and nice

Being a Wednesday the kids were not heading to school this morning but instead to kids club. Clare was in charge getting them there. They were on pretty decent form thankfully this morning. The sun was shining out the window so I went down another layer - oh yes Spring really is here. I headed to the meet point and fitted in a live vid broadcast before preparing for my session. It was the daughter of a client I taught earlier in the season - she is here for the season working for a TO.

Poor thing had a bad throat and had obviously been (non alcohol induced) under the weather of recent. Anyway she was raring to go and improve so off we went up the Bellevarde. After working a little on some greens we moved it up onto blues and reds and she was very easy to teach making adjustments as we went - bravo! With the warm temps we worked some nice slopes to make the most of the conditions and the best of the lot was (predictably) the stade Bonnie - amazing. It turned into a really nice morning - enjoyable!

I took lunch at Sun Bar as needed to chat with my colleague Dave who is going to be my number 2 bringing up the rear for our trip to Bonneval tomorrow. We needed to talk through the whole day out and some of the logistics etc. I didnt chose my lunch very well though - chicken nuggets were rather dry. Oh well!

The afternoon was with a fellow SH on here.... given the brief it was time for an afternoon lapping the Arcelle. Luckily being west facing it would soften up nicely but crucially it won't have gone to pot yet.... some interesting exercises and also some great understanding was developed and I thought some great changes. Laterally as the snow got really soft we changed tact onto working on moguls... mainly as coming back down the front of Solaise would be bumpy.

In the end it wasnt as bumpy down there as I thought it might have been but anyway it was good to work on some moguls non the less.

After collecting the kids from kids club I headed home and have spent much of the evening preparing the gear etc ready for tomorrows Bonneval trip. The only thing that might muck it all up is if the national strike causes problems. We shall see.

Sorry need another early night.

TTFN

Doesnt the Face look perfect for ripping!!!!
latest report
@Steve Angus,

I hope you manage to do your Bonneval trip today. Madeye-Smiley

1 year less 9 days before I hope to be doing it with you.
snow report
Love the stade bonnie. I have spent an entire afternoon on it just doing laps on the button and working on exercises.

Usually completely empty. Great snow and because of it's short nature and the button, the down time between runs is minimal.
ski holidays
Scuppered!

When I woke this morning (another early one as Ben decided he had a sore tummy at 0500!!!!) and looked out the window I was hoping - hoping beyond all else that the clouds had not rolled in yet. I was semi disappointed but as a bit of an optimist I thought it might be OK. I was busily trying to get ready, sort the kids out, message SAF (heli company so they can give me their take on the conditions / chances of flying etc) but also message Bonneval themselves as you need to take a few lifts when you get to Bonneval in order to rendezvous with the chopper and there is a general strike (again in France).... lots of barriers potentially to the day happening! Doh!

The strikes at this end also had a big impact on the start of the day for us with Ben having to go to a friends house (@Welshflyer - Murray and Christinas!) and Olivia went on the school bus (although we were not 100% sure the bus would run - thankfully it did.

So even before 0800 I was sweating. The actual temps had barely touched zero and with the murky weather it was always going to be a tricky one.

Ultimately I headed into town early to meet my number 2 for the day, my colleague Dave. With SAF you HAVE to have a guide fly with the chopper and since 4 people can go in the chopper, plus guide it meant there was space for 8 seasonnaies and 2 of us. Dave has not been down to Bonneval although has done the training so he was the tail end charlie today! Well that was the plan!

Anyway we arrived at Fornet at 0900 after collecting a LOT of packs and transceivers etc and we were off. Collecting cash from the seasonnaires, sorting them out with their packs etc etc etc all had to be done! All takes a while! Anyway by 0920 we were on the Fornet Cable car (with the Signal Derby happening today it was busy!) and we headed up high as quickly as we could. Everyone was expectant and hopeful it would all happen.... I was studying the weather radar a lot... the weather just seemed to be a lot worse than had been forecast - SOOOOOOOOOOO annoying. Trying to line these trips up with availability of coach, client, weather and chopper and snow quality is difficult to put it mildly. Doh

Dave and I decided (SAF said it was touch and go) that we should at least try and get to the Col and 'be in it to win it'. However the cloud base was just too low and thick - not looking good. It got worse as the cloud base meant the peaks and top of the Col was socked in cloud! The skin up was especially hard.... the girls were pretty new to it too which didn't help! But as we got into the thick of the mist and with the poor snow season we have had so far this year the ridge was totally stripper of snow - doh! It meant we were literally on all 4's with skis on shoulder and it is pretty steep up there.... So ultimately it was not until 1130 until we all arrived at the Col! It was obvious we could not go as the chopper would not be able to get us home again... a taxi by road is a LONG way and just as expensive as the chopper and we would not be back until the early hours - doh!

So in the thick mist we had to head back down and into the Pays Desert... navigation was tricky putting it mildly. It didnt help that I fell off a little cornice out there - well a wind lip - scary when that happens! Anyway we made it back down out the mist and the snow was OK in the Pays Desert actually.

With lunch at Cascades Dave and I knew we needed to have a good pm for them to counteract the disappointment. Giving them back a LARGE amount of their cash (as the chopper was a no go and therefore nothing to pay on that front!) was a nice thing to do to make them happy again! They still quite enjoyed it in the morning and felt it was an adventure - hmm not so sure I found it fun!

Anyway Dave and I hatched a plan to hit Col Pers and cut around the corner and then skin them up into the Glacier Pers bowl. So thats what we did... more hiking / more traversing but they enjoyed some more skinning to access some nice snow... even up high and north the pow was heavy - incredible really! Apart from one of the girls dropping her pack as we got to the top of the skin (doh) and it sliding back down it went well. We found some lovely snow out there - best snow of the day.... getting out via the Grand Torsai was the hardest ive ever seen though - concrete snow... doh and then the push back to Fornet - holly molly it was knackering!

By the time I returned all the gear with Dave and then collected Olivia from school (mix up meant she was not put on the school bus) I pretty much collapsed into a heap when I got home!

Im so happy I can get to bed soon.

The girls loved the day but it was a REALLY tough one on so many fronts out there - certainly earnt my beer this evening! Definitely the hardest day of the season! The girls will just have to do another season working for VIP (thats who they all worked for) and attempt the heli trip again next year! Haha!

Tomorrow am I am NOT working and then heading to Bourg food shopping in the pm. And then the weekend a mix of running the kids around / snowboarding with the kids and seeing a couple of friends here and there.

TTFN

ERM I dont think the chopper will fly will it!

Made it to the Col but time to turnaround girls!

Pesky cloud base!
ski holidays
welshflyer wrote:
@Steve Angus,

I hope you manage to do your Bonneval trip today. Madeye-Smiley

1 year less 9 days before I hope to be doing it with you.

Bring it on next year!
ski holidays
NoMapNoCompass wrote:
Love the stade bonnie. I have spent an entire afternoon on it just doing laps on the button and working on exercises.

Usually completely empty. Great snow and because of it's short nature and the button, the down time between runs is minimal.

Yes its good for training and not many people use it as you say! Big pain when lots of lanes being used but otherwise its decent!
latest report
@Steve Angus,

Such a shame that the weather gods weren't on your side yesterday Sad
snow report
welshflyer wrote:
@Steve Angus,

Such a shame that the weather gods weren't on your side yesterday Sad

Yea I know - hasn't been the year for Bonneval as it has turned out. 2024 will be even better hopefully!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A day out of boots

Im not sure whether its a combination of a big day yesterday, getting older or late(r) season fatigue or that come down effect (or a combination of all of the above) but im knackered again today!

I think I slept quite well but again woke before my alarm this morning!

It was a much more serene start to the day.... Clare was out the door into weather that was not too inviting but better than it could have been! The kids on the bus and then it was the simple pleasures in life.... a whole (hot) cup of tea uninterrupted with my feet up on the sofa - thinking 'I have a few hours here' to myself.

So I got a few little jobs done - watched some tv and largely did sweet F A apart from look out the window and think I had probably done a good dodge by not working today. I did venture out to record the snow report for TDC's weekly snow report etc but not much else.

By late morning I headed to Bourg as had a VERY long shopping list and a couple of other errands needing to do (like looking for diesel in case the strikes get worse - turned out to be very easy actually as Super U had plenty thankfully).

Anyway I had a nice lunch at the Super U cafe in Bourg and then collected a massive shop from the click and collect followed by a top up in the shop itself! Much of what I needed to get was choc related stuff for easter - more than probably was needed but hey ho.

So all that remained was to get it all back up and away - even that takes hours.

With the kids back home I have tried to take it easy this evening whilst watching the rain / snow at altitude fall outside. Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be quite wild but Ben is supposed to be having his Club des Sports trial tomorrow whilst Olivia is doing a Val only race tomorrow - hmmm we shall what happens in the morning.

Sorry not much else to report today.

TTFN

The local kids in Bens class yesterday got to take part in the 'junior pisteurs' training. Lucky things!

snow report
Just about to board our flight home at a very hot and busy Chambery. Had a fab week in Val, even managed a few runs in the rain yesterday. In fact the stade de slalom down to Rosie’s was in wonderful condition. See you in a year! Epic apres as ever in Cocorico and the Danois.

Oh and Ducs du Savoie was a great hotel.
snow report
Shame about the weather. Was hoping from some awesome helicopter pics
snow report
HoneyBunny - glad you had a nice trip! Roll on a years time eh!
AndrewBailey - yes it was a shame - oh well next year eh!
snow conditions
More proud moments

There was really strong winds overnight and in typical style the kids were fast asleep when it was actually time to get up. However there was also some fresh snow out there...

Clare did her own thing getting ready for her day ahead teaching whereas I got Olivia ready for club and Ben for his club assessment morning. We all got on the bus and Olivia had a GS race in La Daille (by all accounts she did pretty well - well she was happy at lunchtime anyway!).

So I was booted and suited to be a helper for Bens assessment morning (2 coaches and 26 kids is quite a lot of work and thats before you consider the lift loading requirements too) and with the weather as it was it was not going to be simple. Anyway in typical French style it was not very organised and it took a while for anything to happen. After a warm up lap or two on the Village the coaches moved onto the Rogoney and over to the Stade Legatttaz. A 'free' run was first and Ben totally nailed his run making lovely arcing turns in pretty heavy 10cms of pow... just the sort of snow that would catch your ankles if you werent careful! Anyway with that safely out the way they then ran some stubbies and there was a final split as the better ones (tbh that was about 75% of them) were put through a proper GS course. Ben seems to have passed with flying colours and most of his friends are 'in' swell. Proud dad!

The whole operation was rather behind schedule though so I had to dash to get home to be there for Olivia finishing her race and getting her fed before her afternoon with Club so I left Ben with a friend of his mum and they went to try on club jackets for size so they could make sure he had the correct size for next year.... he looked awesome in his club jacket! Proud!

So after some confusion about where Olivias club jacket was down in La Daille whilst she was racing and needing to locate it behind the scoring hut we finally all were home for lunch at 1230.

Finally with lunch sorted and Olivia back out to Club Ben and I had a nice afternoon together. I also made dinner for us for tonight (Fajitas) and ran a few errands!

Generally it was a pretty chilled afternoon.

This evening we have enjoyed a family meal, game of Monopoly but both kids are shattered after their exploits!

Tomorrow should have seen me starting to get Ben snowboarding and Olivia at Club for the morning but club has been pulled tomorrow (think something to do with the weather!) and I think we shall probably just end up going swimming instead as having Ben as a complete beginner whilst Olivia is pretty decent will make it tricky!

We shall see what tomorrow brings.

TTFN

Getting their instructions!

ski holidays
Quote:

having Ben as a complete beginner whilst Olivia is pretty decent will make it tricky!

Ah yes, nothing like a bit of sibling rivalry and one up-girl-ship. What a busy life you lead, @Steve Angus. snowHead
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Quote:

having Ben as a complete beginner whilst Olivia is pretty decent will make it tricky!

Ah yes, nothing like a bit of sibling rivalry and one up-girl-ship. What a busy life you lead, @Steve Angus. snowHead

Ha ha thanks so much. Yes it certainly is!
ski holidays
Did I tire them out?

With the clocks changing this morning but with only Clare needing to be out the door first thing I could roll over.... well actually Ben was in for snuggles again so basically those could carry on longer than normal! When we finally got up and looked out the window it was a winter wonderland out there again! March has been pretty crazy for snow it really has.

Never let it be said that March is the end of the season - ive NEVER thought that but for some reason its assumed that way. I always joke that if Easter took place in January then no one would be coming skiing in February onwards but otherwise be thinking of Summer activities like cricket and athletics! Doh!

So being Sunday it was time for special break'ies all around... yummy poached eggs on toast for the three of us it was.

Despite the weather out there I had long promised Ben that I would take him snowboarding for the first time based on him performing for his club trials yesterday.... so the meant today was the day! He was so excited bless him. So Olivia, myself and Ben all geared up for boarding and off we set.

It was jolly wet snow that was falling but with the vis and wind etc going up high was not going to be an option really! We stopped at the REALLY friendly Hors Limit shop which is opposite and just down form Dicks Tea Bar. Boris and his wife and grown up son that run the place are so really nice and friendly. They have a great selection of stuff in there and being a genuinely small and family run place they rely on plugs like this and good PR. So hats off to Boris for providing Ben a board and boots for a couple of hours.

Anyway we set off and the snow was lovely and soft but sticky and it made sense being effectively 1-1 with me to utilise the chairlift... I could literally carry him off the lift at the top of the Village. Olivia snowboards pretty well so she could happily lap by herself whilst I worked with Ben. He did really well actually and given the conditions I was able to let him run free on the board! He actually managed to do a little side slipping by himself too - bravo Ben!

After only about 90 mins and being quite soggy it made sense to head home, dry out and get some lunch! Being Daddy day I made sure lunch was popular - some nems (If you dont know what they are - then think of a French take on Spring Rolls) and some samosas with their favourite Heinz Cream of Tomato soup - brownie points earned!

So that was popular!

My 'request' day was to continue with swimming this afternoon. In the 'old' days Sunday was all about swimming in the morning as the pool was full of toys for little kids to play with, it was warm but now as the kids have got bigger Sunday afternoons are becoming popular - they have the laps pool set up as a sort of sort of 'Wipeout' (as in the TV program) battleground which (bigger) kids of all ages love playing on. So we had a fun couple hours getting there / swimming and back!

When we got back we had a planned visit from an old friend whom we see out here quite often as she owns a place here. So she had a cuppa or two and also brought some treats for the kids. Always nice to catch up.

However when witching hour started it was time to get the kids fed and into bed.

Tomorrow its back to work as the Spring hols have started and its pretty much flat out for the next two weeks.

The weather tomorrow will carry on much like it was today and there are vast amounts of snow falling thats for sure. The Av risk tomorrow will be 4. For those that were on the road today - well hope it wasnt too bad - at least it was a not a busy day on the road but the snow made it tricky I reckon!

TTFN

Did someone say snow!

Boarder dude!
ski holidays
Well done boarder dude!
snow report
Bless him!
snow report
Somewhat challenging today. After a good start, fresh tracks in two laps of Fornet trees (patches of deep light powder), and two more in chopped stuff, but started to get heavy lower down around 11. The sun actually put in an appearance, then it then completely closed in again, Bellevarde was an exercise in using the force and following piste poles to navigate down to Folie. I puled the rip chord (resting legs for tomorrow's promised bluebird) and retired to Rose Blance for a croque and a coffee and an early shower. Now blowing a hoolie in town.
ski holidays
@Dr John, too early to navigate to the Folly by ear Toofy Grin snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy