Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The view from............ Val d'Isere and the Espace Killy

Poster: A snowHead
@Steve Angus, sorry your new year didn’t get off to a better start. I had my appendix out in my early 20s, after a decade of occasional flare ups. I’d recommend it, if it’s free and you’ve not got much else on. One less redundant bit to go wrong at an inconvenient time. My surgeon popped in the day after my op, my appendix in a jar, asking if I’d like to keep it. Shocked

Glad you’re recovered and back to better grub. That hospital must be spending more on packaging than food. Looked grim but would’ve probably cost €35 on the mountain.

Lovely pic of the petit flocons, or whatever ESF call them these days, and well done to Ben. Hope you get some positive news soon about winter sports resuming.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Steve Angus, Really sorry to hear about your problems. It seems, apart from the food, you were well looked after.

We had a bad experience with Grenoble Children's hospital with my son. He felt ill one evening. We decided it was probably his appendix. Visit to the doctor who agreed and sent him for an echo at the local test center. There I could see the swollen appendix on the screen and the doctor doing the echo printed off the screenshots and she phoned the hospital and spoke to the Chef de Service to ask for an immediate emergency admission. I was to go straight to the hospital where they would be expecting us.

We arrived at the hospital at 10h30 where I met my wife who took him in, I returned home to fetch clothes and stuff and was back about 1pm. He was still waiting for a second echo and the internes started around 1.30pm, I showed them the photos I had which illustrated the problem but they were clearly having difficulties with their machine and it was pretty frustrating as my son was worse and worse. They wanted to discharge him and claimed it was something he ate "maybe zee fish and cheeps m'sieur don't agree with your son?". Finally a bit after 2pm the boss arrived back from lunch, showed the internes they were using the machine wrong and saw the problem. He was immediately rushed to surgery and what should have been an overnight stay lasted over a week as he had drips and stuff attached. The treatment post-op was excellent. Very good arab doctor looked after my son.

Anyway this isn't about us but you but I was not impressed for something so routine.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chocksaway wrote:
@PeakyB, Very good!

Interesting bloke, and very much not in the mould of French politicians, not being an Enarque. Indeed one of the grandees was heard to say "a ski instructor" after he took up post as European commisioner. He just about single handedly persuaded French and onternational Olympic officials that Albertville was the place for the 92 Olympics. I believe he was also involved in the negotiations when Tignes nearly went 'bankrupt in the late 70s/early 80s.

Davidof (IIRC) related a story regarding him and ESF but I can't find it!

I don't remember now. I did take a look.

Michel Barnier used to be called "le cretin des alpes" on account of his supposed lack of academic achievement. However he went to le Parc Lycee in Lyon which is one of the top high schools then the Supdeco Paris. Again the top elite business school. Somehow in all that he managed to avoid learning English, an achievement in itself and had to do a crash course when he took over his Brexit role.

Being an Enarque isn't a sine qua non for a French politician and I would say Barnier is very much in the mould. He's spent his whole life in politics, with the typical route of working as a spad, building a local political fiefdom, immersing himself in party politics and occupying a range of ministerial posts including foreign secretary. All without leaving a mark, until he took over the Brexit portfolio. You would have trouble finding a French person outside of the Savoie who had heard of him.

With the Brexit role his job was simply to relay what the EU.27 had decided and he did that job very well. Whether it was the ideal way to negotiate but with 27 "bosses" with different ideas it was never going to be easy.

The idea was he would finalize the deal in 2018 with May then take over the role of EU president instead of von de Leyen, so on a personal level Brexit has a certain bitter taste for him. It would have been the crowning achievement for a political bag man.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
[quote="Steve Angus"] I spent a few days in Bourg hospital once after breaking my collar bone on my MTB. The medical care was excellent, but the food was the worst I have ever experienced in France. I was in a two-person ward, the other occupant being a manager from Paris. His wife visited him daily bringing delicious little snacks, and very kindly once she realised how appalling the food was she brought me a few snacks as well.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Iski - thanks. It was awful. To be honest its a little limiting even being at home - loving my omelettes though!
johnE - again thanks. But as someone else says - that sounds like quite a story!!!! Yea I liked the peace and quiet of my own room!
Subseaeng / Jehu / endoman and CaurnieBred - it was... thanks for your wishes!
PeakyB - we will see what doc says next week as it might still need to come out? A picked Appendix - very tasty! Yes there was LOTS of packaging. I just dont get it - its France who pride themselves on food and surely at least making school diners quality of food and above would not be too much to ask surely! As far as news is concerned - still nothing really to report for another month or so yet!
davidof - that doesn't sound like a great experience either! When the doc whipped my pants down on his round to check for a hernia I dont think the junior trainee nurse knew where to look!!!!!!! Fascinating re Barnier - didnt know all that - thanks!
john2 - silver linings and all that there!!!! If I wasnt on such a restricted diet id have been ordering in delivery pizza's I can assure you of that!!!!

So cold

It was -21 this am.... if there was anything to be grateful for in these bitterly cold conditions that is that I dont have to head out to ski in temps like that!!!! But like yesterday it was another chilled day at home. Kids on bus, few odd jobs at home but trying to get my gear back into work mode and not just lounging about the house all the time. Im trying to work out the schedule for teaching next week too and finding out what I need to teach and when. Little by little!

However since I am supposed to be taking things easy I was trying to keep myself occupied in hospital (until the phone froze as I say) so I ended up binge watching a few things... one of the things I have really gotten in is The Serpent on the BBC... I should finish the last episode on iPlayer after this - can't wait. Few others I'm trying to get into over on Netflix too.... so many options!

Anyway I thought the following photo was interesting.... mainly for what it doesn't show... namely skiers... look how quiet it looks on all the lifts, nursery slope areas and Sunbar area etc... scary!

Tomorrow should be an interesting day.... plenty on thats for sure... Olivia has snowboarding with Club d S in the am and at the same time we are going to take Ben skiing... following that Olivia is skiing in the afternoon again with club... so basically there will be lots of shuttling about and logistics but I suppose with kids that is life! Haha!

TTFN
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Not quite so cold - and an unintentional outdoor social

With the weekend brings plenty of time with the kids naturally so yesterday was supposed to be a long drawn out day of logistics; Olivia to cds for the am and skiing the pm and Ben some skiing too. However whilst the Olivia side of things worked out very well it was very cold and Ben lasted exactly 5 mins so all the plans to see other of his little friends on the slopes fell apart unfortunately! Doh. He managed one slide on the sledge and one slide on the skis before we headed home! Doh! But anyway he was a little tired from school anyway so it probably wasnt the end of the world! It was a nice day non the less! Bravo!

Today the temps were a little warmer thankfully and will slowly rise this week. Anyway we had a lazy morning at home and then this afternoon we went to do what is the only thing really on offer family wise on a Sunday afternoon. Before I tell you what it is...... for the locals in these parts the usual activity on a Sunday am is for a couple hours at the swimming pool or skiing basically... as family activities on Sunday am's. Those are the Winter time classic and usual activities! Anyway these are not normal times. So the ice rink (and for reasons only known to them!) are ONLY open on Sunday afternoons at the moment for 3 hours... everyone you speak to seems to think its a bonkers decision! So as you can imagine... EVERYONE under the 'local' sun was on site... well anyone who has a family thats for sure! It was very busy there. We arrived just as it opened at 1430. We made a tactical decision en-famille and ordered family skates.... that alone halves the cost of a slide about... and by buying a family multi-pass thing today it means we can hopefully and basically get a whole season of family skating including the cost of the skates (Ben and Olivia will new skates next year of course as their feet (hopefully) grow)) for circa €100 which I think all in is a very good investment and gets us doing something all together!

Anyway bearing in mind its about the only activity in town and there are really only locals about - those that had kids went to the ice rink this afternoon! The kids went bonkers and the parents did their best to keep control, stay socially distanced etc etc. It sort of helped / and made matters worse in equal measures that there a kids birthday party - one of Bens school pals... so as you can imagine EVERYONE was there. Anyway before the kids had a melt down due to fatigue we go out of there but nevertheless we all had a good time.

I got home and managed to put Eurosport on having recorded the 2nd run of the Adelboden SL and WOW what an awesome race and so chuffed for Dave R. What made it even better is that Olivia is starting to 'get' it and was cheering him on... when her (sort of) school Alumni and certainly from her (now) Club des Sport hero came on, Clement Noel she cheered for him too.... so glad with not only the result but also that she enjoyed the ski race.... unfortunately she was well tucked up in bed before Ski Sunday came on so she will have to get into that next year!!! HA Ha!

Anyway folks tomorrow I am taking a little tour with Clare and a friend of ours who is also a client as they live in Luxembourg and down to the holiday home so it will be nice to take a walk thats for sure!

TTFN

Sibling love!!!

It got busier and busier and busier after this was taken!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Steve Angus,
Is the ice rink in Tignes le Lac open for the family to use?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Steve Angus, glad you enjoyed watching Dave Ryding’s excellent performance together.

Doesn’t seem long since you posted that photo with him in the finishing area at Val D’Isere...but obviously that must be over a year ago!

Can understand cheering on your local French guy, but think you’ll have to curb that when the Winter Olympics come around eh? wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kenzie wrote:
@Steve Angus,
Is the ice rink in Tignes le Lac open for the family to use?

Not sure tbh... but the Val one is only open once a week so I doubt its open that much but sure it will be open - no reason why not.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
PeakyB wrote:
@Steve Angus, glad you enjoyed watching Dave Ryding’s excellent performance together.

Doesn’t seem long since you posted that photo with him in the finishing area at Val D’Isere...but obviously that must be over a year ago!

Can understand cheering on your local French guy, but think you’ll have to curb that when the Winter Olympics come around eh? wink

Sure did..... yes it was a couple years ago I think! AFA the Olympics is concerned - only union jacks allowed in the house so shouldn't be an issue!!!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snowy

Well what a couple of busy days it has been.

Yesterday was a busy one... food shopping down the valley, trip to get the all ok from the hospital doc and a whistle stop trip to Decathalon to pick a few bits up... of course then when you get home you have to put the shopping all away... so it was a busy one thats for sure!

Today I had a very early start as had to leave at 0700 to get over to Tignes to start my teaching day at Apex.... and what a long day it has been - 8 lessons.... I'm am somewhat tired now thats for sure.

Meanwhile on the weather front it has been one thing for a few days now - snow and more snow. It has been joined by some wind too... the avalanche risk is a high 4 out there at the moment and since they have now been able to really get out there and make the mountains safe to any real extend they are going to do a large heli PIDA tomorrow morning! I am teaching from late morning onwards therefore hopefully any temporary road closures will be sorted by then - hmmm we shall see.

The latest update from the French government really doesn't affect us too much but as ever it is wait and see. Hmmmmm.

Anyway not much else to report....

Its a snowy scene out there

P.S. The improvements to the tunnel under the pistes over the Summer had their last hurdle cleared yesterday when they had to do a dummy fire evacuation of a bus under the tunnel pretending it was on fire... looks like a fun activity to be part of.... luckily whatever boxes that needed ticking were dulled ticked so the health certificate has been granted!

TTFN
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It never rains...

Well I could be saying "it never snows it dumps" instead, but thats not what I mean but anyway! So the last few days have seen snow and more snow and some wind accompanying it too. In fact we have hardly seen any sun apart from yesterday which was good timing as Olivia had snowboarding with club in the morning and skiing in the afternoon and Clare was also able to take Ben over to Tignes for a ski (for some reason magic carpets still are deemed as not being 'ski lifts' so they have been opening the magic carpets wherever they occur. Unfortunately in Val the only ones are atop the solaise and getting there would be rather tough work with a little one or two in tow!

Anyway indeed the snowfall meant a million and one people went ski touring and it got crazy out there after so many days without ski touring options for people. Indeed in the Savoie there were 4 incidents of people being buried in slides.... one in the Vallon du Sache over in Tignes was fatal unfortunately! There is now talk that any mountain activities will be banned as places are being taken up in casualties in the area with not only avalanche injuries etc but also with a few people hurting themselves. Indeed I only looked across the road from our front window a couple of days ago and saw some people who could obviously walk up the mountain OK but really could not ski at all - they were sliding down on the back bottom carrying their kit - unbelievable!

So after the crazy timetable of yesterday today was a more relaxed affair... some sledging over the road in the morning (back in a blizzard again!) and then family movie time and again some igloo building (the kids are obsessed) outside in the afternoon.... it has been a nice day!

Work wise I had 2 really busy days over at Apex teaching and am now gearing up for more this week and also my first pastoral care duty tomorrow evening - its go, go, go!

We also have a major announcement from Macron this Wednesday (we think) when we will find out if there is any news about the next step and whether ski lifts may get an opening date. Given that there is no further update on Italy until mid February and a likely opening in March and Austria in a similar fashion things are not looking that promising! Cases are not coming down in France and in these parts they are worse than average for France so I dont think things are going to open!

On the personal front I got a call from my mothers care home to say that she is not in the best of health..... I really think it is a 'just in case' scenario but they want to talk about End of Life planning. She is on antibiotics (today is her 83rd birthday so happy birthday mum) and OK but it is another level of stress! Just the logistics to get to her bedside if I got 'the call' would be a mission.... test here before leaving, test to release in the UK, another test to leave the UK afterwards to get back here to quarantine again.... lots of quarantine time and testing. Of course it could be too little too late or too premature if such a call came. Ah more stress. I think in reality the care home are just covering their own backs.... I hope. It would be a complete nightmare on so many fronts if I did have to go home now.... arghhhh!

Anyway folks thats about it for today.... I snapped the photo below and it gives you a flavour of how wintry it is out there at present but also eerily (sadly) quiet!

TTFN
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Steve Angus, tough and stressful times indeed Sad Hoping for life to improve for you all soon. Here I think we can see light at the end of this long dark tunnel through mass vaccination. I'm anticipating hearing a lot about that in coming months, as MrsPeakyB is directly involved. I hope the programme in France isn't slowed down too much by what I've read about as a significant culture of resistance to vaccination.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PeakyB wrote:
@Steve Angus, tough and stressful times indeed Sad Hoping for life to improve for you all soon. Here I think we can see light at the end of this long dark tunnel through mass vaccination. I'm anticipating hearing a lot about that in coming months, as MrsPeakyB is directly involved. I hope the programme in France isn't slowed down too much by what I've read about as a significant culture of resistance to vaccination.

Thanks... yes I think that is the only way out. In France we can but hope that enough people pull their finger out! Time will tell on all the fronts!!!!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tough times. I feel for all the instructors we know who are stuck in similar positions. Fingers crossed it all works out.

But... Enough doom and gloom; Time to cheer us up with that video if Olivia you posted on twitter.
snow report
adithorp wrote:
Tough times. I feel for all the instructors we know who are stuck in similar positions. Fingers crossed it all works out.

But... Enough doom and gloom; Time to cheer us up with that video if Olivia you posted on twitter.

I agree. Olivia on Arcelle please.
snow report
adithorp - haha thanks. Yes I posted that over a year ago I think it was now! Wish she could get up skiing again properly now (so do we all!)
Jehu - maybe ill try and get some video of her ski racing at some point (well training with the club anyway!).
snow report
@Steve Angus, I don’t look at Twitter...but Olivia already ripping up Arcelle eh? Impressed and envious. My favourite red in Val D.

There’s been mention of a snowHeads calendar making a comeback. How about look back through your snowGallery on here to pick a few entries? You’ve posted lots of stunning pics over the years.
ski holidays
PeakyB wrote:
@Steve Angus, I don’t look at Twitter...but Olivia already ripping up Arcelle eh? Impressed and envious. My favourite red in Val D.

There’s been mention of a snowHeads calendar making a comeback. How about look back through your snowGallery on here to pick a few entries? You’ve posted lots of stunning pics over the years.

Yea she skied it last year.... she even skied the lower 1/2 of the Face (taking her from the top would have just been too tiring hence we just did the Bellevarde Chair) just before lockdown too! The Arcelle is one of my favourites too.... you need that local knowledge though to get your timing right on it especially in the Spring!

Calendar - nice idea - will have a look through my photos - know got some nice photos on Instagram thats for sure! Thanks.
ski holidays
@Steve Angus,
Quote:

The Arcelle is one of my favourites too.... you need that local knowledge though to get your timing right on it especially in the Spring!

Tell me about it! Still reminded by wife of one mistimed run there and that’s well over a decade ago.
snow report
PeakyB wrote:
@Steve Angus,
Quote:

The Arcelle is one of my favourites too.... you need that local knowledge though to get your timing right on it especially in the Spring!

Tell me about it! Still reminded by wife of one mistimed run there and that’s well over a decade ago.

I bet!

Top tip.... the little ski from Madelaine chair to get to the start of it.... it needs to be quite soft on there already to consider it (Arcelle)... Arcelle is W facing so will taken a harsher melt freeze the day before - AND longer to soften up the next morning... even better still the ski from top of Solaise down to the Madelaine needs to be pretty slushy already. Basically getting to Arcelle atop Solaise wants to be quite soft already otherwise Arcelle will be a nightmare!
latest report
@Steve Angus, sound advice, for sure.

But, you know, you’re on top of Madeleine, it’s still early, your ski buddies are determined to push on over to La Fornet.

Your brain says RESIST but Arcelle still lures me for just one run, like a siren lured sailors. That black unpisted bit parallel with it isn’t a barrel of laughs though and I keep off that now. Laughing
ski holidays
.... haha yes.... the Marmottons Black run - no pisting options for that piste as only a couple of winch points (mainly used for Arcelle). I think that black is the hardest black in Val by far! Long and unrelenting!

To get your timings better and depending on what time you are at base of Solaise area - jump on the bus to Fornet and work your way backward from the Val glacier - by time get to Arcelle it will have softened up for sure - avoids some of the crowds that way too...
snow report
@Steve Angus, yes you’re right and have often done that...also when staying in La Fornet brrrrrr.

Trouble is the very reasonable lunch option of the Glacier restaurant usually delays us and then Arcelle is often past it’s best on the way back.

Anyway, when Arcelle’s icy I sometimes pole down the Manchet valley back to town, just for the hell of it, so you’re dealing with a mad man Laughing
snow conditions
PeakyB wrote:
@Steve Angus, yes you’re right and have often done that...also when staying in La Fornet brrrrrr.

Trouble is the very reasonable lunch option of the Glacier restaurant usually delays us and then Arcelle is often past it’s best on the way back.

Anyway, when Arcelle’s icy I sometimes pole down the Manchet valley back to town, just for the hell of it, so you’re dealing with a mad man Laughing

Mad or sensible re the lunch option - decisions decisions eh!
ski holidays
Is another storm coming

Its good that I 'only' have a part time job at the minute... teaching part time at Apex is pretty much a full time job, planning, delivering, marking and repeat. Well its not that intensive but certainly plenty of hours. I shouldn't complain as its money coming in and keeps my brain active and me out of trouble! But hey ho!

So yes I have been doing pretty much what it says above all this week and one more day tomorrow - yay!

The French government (as I am sure you will have heard) have basically now said that there is a good chance the resorts will not open at all now this season. Certainly before the end of February is a tall order. So it could be the end of the season in all but name already! Things aren't really 'taking' off here numbers wise so I am a little confused - yes easing restrictions would probably lead to an increase in cases / a tightening not really needed (yet) BUT as the warmer months arrive and people get vaccinated I think there is a chance of Spring skiing - perhaps I'm just an optimist!

The weather has been relatively mild now for a couple of days and it has been a few days since it last snowed BUT it does now look like it will snow quite a lot over the next few days. Luckily things have settled down a little on the avalanche front BUT with another big snowfall it will get dodgy again!

The best bit of news though is that Clare and I have our rendezvous in Chambery next week to collect our Carte des Sejours. For those that dont know it is basically the French residency cards - means we will remain formally legal in France now Brexit has happened (the cards are not compulsory until the Summer so we are in plenty of time). Great news.

I thought this photo from Radio Val would allow us all to dream some more.

TTFN

P.S. My mum seems OK - not much change from last week so I feel a little more relaxed on that front.
snow report
@Steve Angus, can’t say I’d be surprised if winter sports areas don’t open this season. Sad and tragic for many but most governments see it as a risk not worth taking.

Great news about your Mum and your Carte des Sejours. Smile

Do you have to teach in French the whole time?
ski holidays
PeakyB wrote:
@Steve Angus, can’t say I’d be surprised if winter sports areas don’t open this season. Sad and tragic for many but most governments see it as a risk not worth taking.

Great news about your Mum and your Carte des Sejours. Smile

Do you have to teach in French the whole time?

God no - no French at all... its an international academy and basically everything is taught in English (unless its a language lesson of course). My French would never pass to teach in it by a mile!!!

Yes good news otherwise bar the skiing side of things!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Proud Dad again!

Well we didnt really get much snow overnight despite the forecasts that it could be a lot but that didnt change the fact that we had a busy morning on our hands. Olivia had to get to the slopes for 0900 for her Club des Sports Snowboarding (I took her). Meanwhile Ben was at home doing some bits with Clare and having a rather chilled morning. When I got back from taking Olivia up we all watched some cricket (come on England) and some of the ski racing on the tv.

Clare had to go up to collect Olivia at 1100 as they were off to collect their Club des Sports jackets. When Olivia got back she was super excited as non other than Noel Clements autograph was on the sleeve.... she was excited bless her.

The afternoon logistics were just as crazy as Olivia got to her skiing and I took Ben for a slide. I won't say where we went but as you will see form the photo there is a magic carpet open somewhere (again to remind people it looks like surface lifts LIKE magic carpets dont count as ski lifts so are allowed to open and in this particular case they are opening in for weekend afternoons only). It was great being able to use a lift and have a few turns with my little man. The weather moved in again and after the snow of yesterday the run was rather bumpy and tricky for little legs to ski through but he did rather well bless him. A couple of snack breaks sorted him right out too!

After skiing and all the kids back home and the car safely parked up Olivia got collected by the mum of her best friend for her first ever sleepover. She is therefore this evening over in Tignes - bless her. I can honestly say she was more excited before she went than she was on Christmas Eve! Bless her. I just hope she gets some sleep and enjoys it!

The weather this evening has REALLY moved in big time. It is absolutely chucking it down - huge flakes. It is supposed to carry on like that all night so we could be in for a lot of snow by tomorrow morning!

Tomorrow we are having a chilled family day and with the weather forecast as it is - probably indoors! Olivia may well be home at lunchtime - we shall see!

So proud of my wee little girl - first full day in Club des Sport uniform.

I think it made my day as much as hers!

Where were we?

TTFN
snow report
fabulous !

Magic carpet on solaise?
snow report
Tignes le lac!!
⛷⛷
snow report
Front de Neige, Val D”Isere?
snow conditions
They've installed a poly tunnel over the magic carpet on the nursery slope by the Village Chairlift in Val.

As everyone knows poly tunnels protect young plants in cold weather.
ski holidays
holidayloverxx - probably the most obvious one but getting up there with the lifts closed????
snowornever - could be as it is open at certain times of the week yes. But little too flat for Ben now!
PeakyB - could have kicked the ESF out and jumped on it myself! Alas not
welshflyer - ????? - Its been the ESF own for years yes.

Alas not folks - other options could have been Les Boisses ones but in this case it is the one near the base of the Tufs chair in Val Claret!
latest report
@Steve Angus,
Quote:

but in this case it is the one near the base of the Tufs chair in Val Claret!

I don't remember one there. Is it fairly new?

There's a long polytunnel in Tignes 1800 too I think...a few metres altitude lower than Les Boisses?
latest report
Yes the Tignes 1800 one is there too. No idea if it's been running at weekends or not.

The one at base Tufs has been there at least 3/4 years now I'd say. You may not notice it... Just as you ski the last section down to the lift and before u hook around the tufs lift base to the right, it's on your left there.
snow report
@Steve Angus,
Quote:

The one at base Tufs has been there at least 3/4 years now I'd say. You may not notice it...

3 years ago I stayed in the Vanoise hotel. Bedroom window overlooked Tufs base station, about 25m away. Still never noticed polytunnel and me a trained observer! Those tunnels are great for beginners and strawberries. Very Happy
ski holidays
We stayed in Vanoise many years ago!
Very handy location we thought although access from road was lots of stairs if I recall !
The carpet lift is for the kiddies play area I think!
ski holidays
@snowornever, very handy. I could see morning lift queue from window and time my departure.
The tunnel’s for the Piou Pious then. Ahhhhh...

ski holidays
It’s no preparation for this one Toofy Grin

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy