Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The view from............ Val d'Isere and the Espace Killy

Poster: A snowHead
Good to be back

I just realised it has been a few days since I posted - sorry about that I was sure it had only been a couple!

Well what has happened - well quite a lot actually!

Friday term finished and getting all the kids stuff back from school finished up a term when Ben started his education and Olivia moved up to 'big' school. At least with what is going on in the world they got to school which was a relief.

The main event was Saturday Clare doing her World Cup duty and then me yesterday! They are such long days but they are pretty good socials thats for sure! Yesterday I video loads of clips and TDC are editing them all together to hopefully put together a 'day in the life' / 'fly on the wall' account of what happens on the WC days so if I get a link for that I will let you all know!

So anyway on Saturday I had the kids and we played in the snow, watched some of the ski racing and had Daddy time - we had fun. However after playing 'monster' for about 3 hours I felt somewhat tired - haha! It was nice to watch the Final of Strictly too that evening!

Anyway the alarm clock went off FAR too early on Sunday morning for my duty day... luckily it wasnt too cold and (unlike Clare on Saturday) there was a fair amount to do. It was interesting how (due to Covid) they kept us apart from (for example) the pisteurs who loaded the funicular in a different (top) cabin. Lunch we were separated too. Anyway the day was not too long as after lunch there wasnt too much netting to take down - thankfully! I did manage to slide the course a couple of times and of course there was some obligatory shovelling on one of the turns for a couple of hours before the race too but that wasnt too tricky actually! So all in all not too bad at all! Have definately done worse days duty before thats for sure!

Today was another long day... - left mid morning to get Olivia down the valley and to her (catch up) 3 hour gymnastics lesson and I spent the time doing a click and collect pick up, shopping at Weldom and doing a couple of other errands. It was a rush but just about got it all done!

What with the latest 'mutant' strain of Covid in the UK it really is looking worse and worse in terms of a likelihood of the ski season getting up and running! The B issues too are doing any favours either! However on the flip side the resort is 'open' and things like the Train Rouge is running (simpler timetable thats for sure) and they have put in better and more extensive toboggan runs on the snow front in town etc. As I was down the valley with Olivia today Clare took Ben for his first proper slide on skis on the snow front - he did jolly well but Clare was knackered pulling him up on the pole every 5 mins though!!! She told me it was interesting as there was a couple of beginner ski / boarding lessons going on by the ESF interestingly. The fact that they are allowed to run the magic carpet in their pen as its private land is somewhat contentious it must be said - however I shouldn't complain too much as Ben is booked in there after Xmas! Nevertheless interesting shall we say!

Anyway I am still somewhat feeling it from yesterday but it was sure nice to get skiing (a little) again and just for the one day!

A few photos I snapped to finish

TTFN

First light...

Normally you'd be able to see a fair few ski runs from here; today some have been pisted to allow the nominated touring routes and descent routes to be set up thats all

The start area.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't know if it's just me (it often is) but I can't see the pics.
Other than that, it sounds like an interesting few days and thanks for the update.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pics are there for me.
Great update Steve and yes we watched the coverage of mens and ladies events on eurosport.
Sad for us as we would have been in Toviere for Christmas with Neilson by now but stuck at home for the first time in 16 years.

Really doubtful Brits will be allowed to travel anywhere at this rate and to be honest its beginning to get to me.

Wishing you and the family a happy Christmas.

Harv
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
harvsurrey wrote:
Pics are there for me.
And for me now - I'm using my work laptop which has various security 'things' on it and sometimes doesn't like things like links and
embedded images.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Steve Angus, thanks for another great update. Sounds and looks more exciting there than here.

I dug out and fired up our old Nintendo Wii and Wii fit board. Soon beat my PB on the ski slalom but keep missing gates on the tougher snowboard course Laughing Closest I’ll get to snow but warm, no lift queues, good for balance and cheap lunches.

Have a Happy Christmas all.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Higs wrote:
I don't know if it's just me (it often is) but I can't see the pics.

It's probably because they are hosted on Facebook. Security tools will often block content from Facebook and similar sites because they use it to track their users, and why should Facebook know which snowheads threads you've been reading (also applies to NSFW sites). These tools will stop many of the creepy targeted adverts.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Higs - no worries
harvsurrey - glad you got to see the race(s) on tv... when not working on the day itself I often have it on tv at home whist watching it simultaneously live out the window - a very beneficial position to be in I know! Yea what a kicker for this festive season - the Tov had the Austrian ski team in - since it is no longer with Neilson as you probably know! Just hoping we get some Brits this season but its not stacking up well so far! Anyway Merry Christmas to you too.
PeakyB - like the sound of that..... but the excitement will soon wain I think when the festive period is over and we go back into lockdown!!!! Merry Xmas to you guys too!

Video to see

Following on from my World Cup update yesterday and only 'if' you have access to Instagram then check out the feed for 'tdc' today. I video'ed tonnes of clips and sent them all off to our office girl, Tasha and she edited them all together to make a 3 min video which is basically a fly on the wall, 'day in the life of' about what happens on these 'duty' days. So it 'follows' my journey through the day the other day... so if you are keen then take a look.

In other news today Olivia was at the kids club and they went cross country skiing and Clare and I took Ben skiing on the nursery slopes. I must say they have done quite a lot to get the toboggan tracks and various non-life accessed activities set up on the Village / Snow Front slopes.... its a good effort for the few hundred second home owners etc that are in town and a very few holiday makers (French) in town too! Anyway after skiing we went to take a look at the Xmas tree in the tourist office roundabout - its HUGE... blooming brilliant!

Forgot to say that yesterday when I was down in Bourg and went into the craft / gift style store (which is in the location that Weldom USED to be near Super U) they were selling this life sized reindeer for €549 - as it!!!!!!!!

There was one lone lesson happening in the ESF pen this afternoon - I still dont know HOW the ESF have permission to operate their magic carpet!!!!!

Ben and mummy taking a break from the skiing this afternoon to have a go on the sledges!

The amazing tree

TTFN
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

video'ed tonnes of clips

Could they upload that on to YouTube for us non-instagrammers pls? Sounds interesting.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For the carpet:

From the Châtel website:

Accès tapis roulant Pré la Joux

Les tapis roulants n’étant pas considérés comme des « remontées mécaniques » au sens de l’article L. 342-7 du code du tourisme, le tapis roulant de Pré Joux est accessible dès le 19 décembre 2020 pour tous les skieurs disposant d’un titre de transport et équipés uniquement de ski alpin. Les piétons ne sont pas autorisés.

On this basis they argument that the carpet can function Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Google translate:

Pré la Joux treadmill access

As the conveyor belts are not considered as “ski lifts” within the meaning of Article L. 342-7 of the Tourism Code, the Pré Joux conveyor belt is accessible from December 19, 2020 for all skiers with a transport ticket and equipped only with alpine skiing. Pedestrians are not allowed.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
harvsurrey wrote:

Sad for us as we would have been in Toviere for Christmas with Neilson by now but stuck at home for the first time in 16 years.

Really doubtful Brits will be allowed to travel anywhere at this rate and to be honest its beginning to get to me.

Understandable, Harv.... but, steady on. Judging by the response to others in your position, some folk could criticise you for bragging... rolling eyes
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great update Steve, there were some great shots of your apartment block on Eurosport.

I'm a snowboarder but absolutely love all downhill ski competitions. Must really go and see one live next year as it would be fantastic to see Dave Ryding on the podium!!

When I win the lottery I'd like to follow the tour around the world.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
AL9000 - sorry for not getting back to you sooner... my colleague actually edited it all together and I asked her for a link to it - I'm still waiting to hear back from her... ill let you know as soon as / if I hear. Sorry.

JulieAimeLeSki / thelem - hmmm yes quite.... still think its slightly a political decision unfortunately!

russ_e - yes there were and also great to hear your enthusiasm for the 2 planked variety... I too snowboard and appreciate the amazement of that sport too! My daughter loves boarding too having done it for a day or two before seems hooked!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Merry Christmas

Well folks the bog day has come and gone and as it should be at this time it has been marked by plenty of time with the family!

On Christmas eve 'Papa Noel' did a slightly altered 'arrival' into the resort. He took a sleigh ride around the town with his team of social distancing bodyguard elves (yes it was an interesting job spec no doubt!) and threw out enough sweets and chocs to satisfy every kid in town hopefully! We had a couple of family crepes from the outdoor server at the Salon de Fous! It was a very nice evening actually. I was however slightly apprehensive that the kids would not settle and it was going to be a late night but after putting the mince pies and good down for the big man they eagerly went to bed thankfully!

In fact as it had been a slightly later night the kids slept really well and it was nearly 0800 (amazing) before they got up. Stockings, some bubbles, umpteen phone calls to the families and lots of nibbles later before we settled down for the big meal. The kids got some awesome presents and they were still happily playing with them all before they reluctantly went to bed... so all in all id say it was a successful day! Ben loves his digger set and hungry hippos game where as Olivia loves her mini electric keyboard thing and spirograph!!! Phew another year successfully navigated!

Today the weather was much better but also MUCH colder... and after the kids played with their presents all morning we headed into town for some sledging and playing in the snow again - not too much else to do with small kids at the moment.... however this next week Ben will be doing some ESF ski lessons and Olivia did her first day at the pre-club the other afternoon too.... was super proud of that moment! She went on 120 length skis so it was tough going for her but she did herself proud by all accounts. We dont think she will get much other skiing in this holidays but hopefully that will change come Feb hols for her!

The weather for the next week is looking unsettled and cold so it could be an interesting week from that point of view!

Despite the resort not being 'open' it is approx 15% occupied and most of the people here are of course second home owners etc... so the few places that are accommodating tourists are not really getting much out of it. But things are slightly busier than I thought they might have been so not too bad for the resort compared to a complete shut down!

The activities that people are doing are being well supported e.g. ice - skating etc and I also cannot believe how many people are ski touring - today when the sun came out and everyone was walking off their Christmas food I counted probably over 100 people skinning up from the bottom of the La Daille here - quite incredible really! The same the resort over! Pretty hardcore people about!

She's off for her first day in the Club des Sports!!!! Go girl!

He's here!!!!

There really are lots of people skinning up - not sure the resolution will allow you to see but there are plenty of people further up the piste(s) skinning too!!!

Not the normal location for the luge run!!!!

TTFN
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Happy Christmas to you and your family @Steve Angus, and very best wishes for the new year. Hoping that it holds better times for us all Smile
snow report
I didnt realise ghe wonderful spirograph still existed in our digital world Very Happy
latest report
Thanks for the updates @steve Angus. Looking forward to reading more as the ‘season’ progresses.
latest report
Tazz2bme - thanks - indeed and to you!
countryman - oh yes - I had a go today too - its awesome and surprisingly satisfying too!
Kj82 - thank you - I shall continue!!!!

Proud

We woke to heavy skies, fresh snowfall and strongish winds and for the next week this unsettled weather will continue. Its all part of this cycle sweeping off the Atlantic and across the UK and northern Europe at the moment!

Anyway today was a big day as my little one (the youngest) had his first day at ski school! As I mentioned previously as the ESF kids 'pen' and magic carpet is running they are running lessons for locals etc. So anyway Ben was able to enjoy his first day of lesson and he did really well... super proud moment when I picked him up and he was just about able to hold a snowplough and then he didnt want to take his skis off so we skied most of the way back to the bus home - what a star!

In the afternoon Ben was at home and made some cookies with Clare whilst Olivia went to club and they did some sledging and then went ice-skating! When I picked her up there was two things to note. Firstly she had had a big crash tobogganing and had a huge black eye and secondly someone had picked up the wrong pair of shoes leaving her with a pair two sizes too big (identical apart from the size difference to hers). So this evening she has (no-one has returned to the ice rink the wrong pair to swap back!) the wrong boots and a black eye poor girl!

Anyway tomorrow will be a similar repeat of today but with less snow but colder temps.

Olivia and Ben sledging together yesterday

My big boy heading up the ESF carpet this morning

The ice-rink looking somewhat powdery!!!! But boy Olivia ice-skates pretty well now - most proud of her!

TTFN
snow report
Quote:
the ESF magic carpet is running
Never thought I'd be salivating at the very prospect....You don't know you're born! wink
snow report
@Steve Angus,
Quote:

Ben was able to enjoy his first day of lesson and he did really well

Another milestone!...and another one who'll be spraying loose snow at you soon Very Happy
Hope the black eye and wrong shoes get sorted soon. Must be a kid in Val D walking strangely and getting black toenails.
snow report
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

mountainaddict - yea I know - best news is he's loving it and doing really well! Medal presentation time tomorrow! He's turning and can do little jumps already - amazing!
PeakyB - haha indeed! Black eye recovering - shoes not so much - disappeared into thin air! Mystery!

Well today is a depressing day but i won't dwell on it apart from to share my 'moment' of the day. I found myself on the bus this morning and the French news came on the radio. The announcer said in English then translated it into French what BJ had said yesterday re 'having our cake and eating it' - I found it the most awkward moment and actually had to apologise for the arrogance stemming from Westminster to my French friend I was talking to who was in disbelief at what he heard!!!! Doh!

Anyway moving on...

Being the last day of the year they did fireworks 'as normal' this evening - however 6 hours early. They made the fireworks climb higher into the sky so everyone could stay at home and see them from their balconies - twas awesome. Poor Ben was sad when they finished!

Olivia has not been left out either as she was doing gymnastics down the valley on Wednesday and then today had a 3 hour snowboarding session with the club des sports. In fact the cds have been busy in general and I noticed this morning they had their competition athletes being skidoo'ed up the Raye piste here in La Daille and then the teens were racing back down again! Not so sure this is technically allowed but everyone is turning a blind eye to this sort of thing at present!

Apart from all that the resort is promising a stepping down but not 'closing' of the resort next week e.g. thankfully there will still be Train Rouge service; there will be the ice-rink staying open for Sundays - that sort of things. At about 18% capacity this week (mainly second home owners) it will be down to about 10% next week... bearing in mind it should be something like 90% down to 75% in normal times it will feel very quiet next week! However I was also talking to a friend today and we were agreeing that the novelty of skinning from the bottom of the mountain each day to access the higher slopes AND things like getting takeaways from restaurants would soon wear off and the various second home owners will sooner or later lose their mojo!!!! However I for one am looking forward to going skiing when the kids are back at school next week - Clare and I are planning a day trip to skin to the top of the Bellevarde and a ski down!!! Should be fun! Will I get that far up....perhaps!

Anyway folks Happy New Year... a few pics to finish with.

TTFN

Standing idle and still - scary and sad!

yes that is a sort of zorbing football match going on yes!

Look really closely and you will see how many people are skinning!

My little man is rocking it in there somewhere!
snow report
Quote:

he announcer said in English then translated it into French what BJ had said yesterday re 'having our cake and eating it' - I found it the most awkward moment and actually had to apologise for the arrogance stemming from Westminster to my French friend I was talking to who was in disbelief at what he heard!!!! Doh!

Even us British people find this embarising. But what do you expect from an American emigre.
snow conditions

b]@Steve Angus[/b],
Quote:

I found myself on the bus this morning and the French news came on the radio. The announcer said in English then translated it into French what BJ had said yesterday re 'having our cake and eating it' - I found it the most awkward moment and actually had to apologise for the arrogance stemming from Westminster to my French friend I was talking to who was in disbelief at what he heard!!!! Doh!

No need for embarrassment. BoJo is a proven compulsive merchant de la foutaise...ou la connerie. His Dad, StanJo, has applied for French citizenship, on account his grandparents were French and mother born in France. BoJo might choke on his cake at that news.

Anyway, wishing you all a Safe, Turbo Charged, World Class, Oven Ready and Happy New Year snowHead
ski holidays
Bergmeister wrote:
harvsurrey wrote:

Understandable, Harv.... but, steady on. Judging by the response to others in your position, some folk could criticise you for bragging... rolling eyes

Wasn't meant to be , I actually find the UK really depressing at christmas for many reasons and it's my wifes only chance to have a long break so we have just got away every year (not always to the snow)

Anyway happy new year to you all , and keep your chin up Steve.

I have all the B word stuff to deal with Monday.
snow report
Boris may have been a little triumphalist and mischevious but during the negotiations the cake and eat it phrase was a favourite of that famous Savoyarde......... Michel Barnier. wink
latest report
@chocksaway,
Quote:

negotiations the cake and eat it phrase was a favourite of that famous Savoyarde......... Michel Barnier.

He’s no diot though is he?
snow report
@PeakyB, Very good!

Interesting bloke, and very much not in the mould of French politicians, not being an Enarque. Indeed one of the grandees was heard to say "a ski instructor" after he took up post as European commisioner. He just about single handedly persuaded French and onternational Olympic officials that Albertville was the place for the 92 Olympics. I believe he was also involved in the negotiations when Tignes nearly went 'bankrupt in the late 70s/early 80s.

Davidof (IIRC) related a story regarding him and ESF but I can't find it!
latest report
@chocksaway,
Chapeau!

Don’t suppose he fancies a bit of international rescue across La Manche? We’ve got a Crueset full of diots.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'd be fascinated to read about

Quote:

Davidof (IIRC) related a story regarding him and ESF but I can't find it!

Perhaps we can persuade @davidof to find it and re-post? Had no idea Barnier was involved in '92, so 'chapeau', indeed.

I have fond memories of holidaying in Courchevel with bruvs and his fiancee in 1992. Wherever the Olympics went, we'd head the opposite way - we were there to ski after all, and for a short, precious week. We took great delight in (privately) making fun of the 'silver jackets' skiing around trying to look self-important. In time, I found out that all the unpaid volunteers were issued with these jackets (silver, with Olympic rings on the back) and they were super proud of their roles in the games. I repented from our private fun-poking and if I ever saw one on the piste in the following years, always took trouble to find out what they did. They were so pleased to be asked, and the answers were pretty prosaic: I did the photocopying of the results; I managed the car parking, etc. Well, as I discovered in London 2012 years later, they are all jobs that needed doing.

Time passed; I was teaching a group of youngsters in La Thuile and spotted a 'Torino 2006' jacket just ahead of us. I said to my group: hey look, he worked in the last winter Olympics, let's ask him what he did. The fellow looked rather embarrassed: no, no, scusi; it is from charity shop. He and I both red-cheeked; kids in fits of giggles...!

So, anyway, if you ever see someone with a 'Critérium de la Première Neige' jacket on a ski lift, ask them what they did - confident in the knowledge that there are no charity shops in Val d'Isere! (Or are there?).

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sun 3-01-21 17:32; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/01/03/snobbish-macrons-pathetic-posturing-has-turned-brexiteer/
latest report
Paywall. But given the URL is dated today, seems unlikely to be the @davidof / ESF piece?
snow report
Easyjet cancelled my January flights yesterday. It's not looking good for me getting out to Val before March now.
latest report
Hi folks - sorry for being off grid for the last week. Thanks to the well - wishers above! and

HAPPY NEW YEAR as this is my first post of 2021!!!! Moving towards the full 10 years (24/11/11) since this thread started!

Anyway what a week it has been...

The New Year itself was a quiet affair. The resort laid on fireworks as normal but they were aiming to send them higher and started them higher up the nursery slopes to aid with that too! They also (cause of the curfew at 2000) put them on at 1800. Anyway everyone was encouraged to stay at home and watch from balconies and windows etc. Of course and especially with the kids we obliged and it was good!

Anyway it was a peaceful one (it always is for us) but at midnight there was obviously a small house party taking place (perhaps 4-6 people) somewhere in the block and that woke us up!

Anyway welcome to 2021!

The first couple of days were normal - hanging with the kids and doing things however quite suddenly on Saturday pm I started to feel (it felt like bad indigestion) a bit unwell. It was a lower abdominal pain that was sometimes painful needing me to lie down and sometimes not bad at all! Anyway I felt fine apart from that! Could not sleep much that night so Sunday dawned! Felt OK but washed out from the night! Pain was slightly better but didnt want to eat much! Anyway Sunday night slept well and by Monday am pain had gone! Well almost! Thought better see the GP to see it checked out. She referred me to Bourg hospital for a scan etc! Anyway Bourg was deserted at the hospital as you can imagine. So I had seen about 10 health care professionals etc within about an hour.... CAT scan etc all done! Ultimately was admitted... drip and antiobics and nil by mouth! For about 24 hours they had their scalpels in their hand ready to cut me open but the antibiotics did their job!

So it seems (from what I can gather!!!!) that in infection in my intestines somewhere meant my appendix was grumbling!!!!

Luckily I had taken an overnight bag - just in case! Also thankfully I have a really good mutuelle so effectively got treated as a private patient with my own room! No internet but one UK tv channel could watch - good old BBC1! My laptop could play music and could tether to my phone... all was going OK until my phone decided to TOTALLY freeze on me - could not do anything with it! Couldnt turn on or off. Anyway ultimately had to borrow the kind nurses private phone to call home (luckily knew Clares mobile number off the top of my head!).

Apart from the doc on his rounds doing a public 'check' for a hernia yesterday in front of 3 female nurses (the trainee nurse didn't know where to look!) and the 0600 blood sample thy suddenly wanted out my arm when I was fast asleep - oh and there was the getting tangled with my drip pipes and the shower incident (thank god for the nurse (and the help of the mice-towel). Whilst thinking about it there was horrendous food too..... I was / still am, on a very strict 'no fibre' diet... so fish is one of the things I can eat BUT I HATE FISH! (boiled chicken a good substitute).... so plain boiled pasta, plain yoghurt etc x 3 times a day!!!!!

So I was desperate to get out (mainly so I could feel connected to the world with phone sorted and wifi etc!) but mainly to see the kids and Clare - the kids were worried for a couple of days. I got out late yesterday (phone rebooted itself over with iTunes help overnight thankfully!) and am now on a strict diet as above (cheese omelette anyone!!!), rest and antibiotics with a follow up a week today! All things added together means I now feel 100% fine! Hopefully back to be able to teach over at Apex next week too but for now chilling somewhat! However from a medical perspective what a bloody good system they have in France.... effectively all sorted in effect privately thanks to our (expensive) mutuelle in a week! Very efficient and good.

Hooray!

In other news we are due to hear tonight from the French powers that be but I expect confirmation of 'more news re lift openings' in another couple of weeks but not too optimistic I'm afraid! Of course what has / is happening in the UK at the moment doesn't bode well for skiers getting over here for their holidays. All I can say I just hope the French government keeps us afloat financially! IF the lifts open and the resort can operate then they may not pay ski instructors who 'can' teach.... irrespective of the fact that Val is 99% reliant on UK tourists and people like Clare and I 100% reliant! Perhaps Easter MIGHT open up for us to earn - who knows!

So that brings everyone up to date... some photos of the last week or so to finish with. Back in a couple / few days times with more updates.

TTFN

Oh whoops forgot to say my little man - in the middle (blue googles facing this way!).... got his first ESF badge - he LOVED his skiing over the NY week.... my daughter is lucky enough to still be able to do her weekly skiing with the Club des Sports on the stade Legattaz!

Position A for the last 48 hours!!!

Horrendous breakfast....

....lunch....

.... and diner........ Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
@Steve Angus, sorry to hear about your illness and commiserations with regard to the food! I like fish but that serving doesn’t look very appealing. Hope you’re soon back to a normal diet.
latest report
I am glad you are recovering Steve. It sounds like an unpleasant few days.

I've had my fair share of stays in hospital, including one night in a private clinic in the UK and odd as it may sound I have prefered the public wards over the private rooms. I like the reassurance of watching the nurses going about their duties and having people to talk to. My two night stay in a private hospital was very lonely.

After one accident I was left in the hospital corridor stark naked on a trolley for about an hour or more (I was not critical only waiting for a wound in my knee to be sown up) a young student nurse just stayed talking to me for the whole time. It was only when her supervisor turned up and told her she should have gone home an hour ago that I realised reassuring patients wasn't one of her duties.
snow conditions
So sorry to hear of your trials Steve but good to hear you are on the mend. Must have been a worrying time for you and the family. All the best for a quick recovery.
ski holidays
Many thanks for the update Steve. Very best wishes.
latest report
sorry to see that Steve, glad your are recovering,
ski holidays
Hope all is sorted. Keep well.
snow report
johnE wrote:

After one accident I was left in the hospital corridor stark naked on a trolley for about an hour or more (I was not critical only waiting for a wound in my knee to be sown up) a young student nurse just stayed talking to me for the whole time. It was only when her supervisor turned up and told her she should have gone home an hour ago that I realised reassuring patients wasn't one of her duties.

Shocked
So many questions...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy