Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The view from............ Val d'Isere and the Espace Killy

Poster: A snowHead
Wind - where did that come from!

So it was all systems go getting the kids sorted and out the door this morning but when I got going I was on fire and I managed to get Olivia dropped off and I was on the way for the day... I was due to start at 0930 but in the end I was actually set and ready to go for about 0910 so I had a few mins to myself - yay!

The plan today was to work on carving with my team and so we were off up the Solaise to find the best terrain. After a spot of human slalom as a fun warm up we were into the content. It would have been brilliant (even though I say so myself) if I hadn't made the choice to drop over the top into the Fornet... the wind up there was horrendous and as we dropped over the Lessieries Express onto the Solaise side it was apparent that not a lot was open that side.... well we gave it a shot and headed down to the chairlift which was open but the wind was very strong blowing into our faces that you could hardly make headway on the way there. When we got to the top we had no choice but to ski down to the drag lift in order to try and make it back to the Lessieries Express to cross back over to the Solaise side... anyway ultimately we made it back over and the weather was like a different country on the Solaise side.

After some more work on the carving we eventually finished up and I took lunch down in town at my picnic spot before meeting for my pm session. It was a long standing client that I've skied with a lot over the years so being his first day we had a lot of warming up that needed to be done to get him in the zone for his weeks holiday but we got there in the end! A little trip Tignes way was on the cards and all in all in was a good session... more to come in the next couple of days!

What surprised me more than anything was how busy it was up the Solaise way this morning (probably something to do with everyone being penned in because of the Fornet not really functioning) and then this afternoon how scrapped and / or mogulled things were. Give it another week or more until we might get our next snow will mean that the pistes will be beyond firm and in some places the underlying stone and rocks will start to come through! Lets hope we get some fresh snow sometime soon!

Competition time : Where is this? To make it more cryptic then which piste is underneath this chairlift!

The third mistake:

3) Not taking the time to get the right kit or spending money on the wrong things. Don't get me wrong everyone can spend money as they like but sometimes people seem to spend money on all the wrong things.... e.g. multiple pairs of skis in the false assumption that they will radically change your skiing for the better. Or the latest Go Pro when the pair of ski boots is 3 times too big as they have not focussed on getting correct kit that will actually make their skiing better! Arghhh drives me up the wall - haha!

Anyway think thats all for now. Similar sort of day tomorrow as had today I think both in terms of what I teach and also in terms of the weather!

TTFN
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lynnecha - thanks ill take a look but I think my issue is worse than delaminating! hmmmmm
mooney058 - thats the best question I've been asked in ages - thanks! 'what information should you provide' to the instructor. Well ideally the more info the better in my book in terms of what you struggle with, what your aspirations are, what your experience is in terms of lessons / training. How you like to learn etc. In fact I know this may sound strange but try and get across how serious you are about improving... sometimes I get the feeling (well Ill re-phrase that actually) its quite often, that people simply wish to have a brush up lesson / want to learn everything there is to know about skiing etc in a single lesson and you really can only scratch the surface and it feels like a waste of time almost! One of the great challenges is actually matching peoples expectations with what is achievable too. I really do more often than not just look at people skiing to decide what needs working on but if people can come to me with their thoughts first it makes it easier and more enjoyable I have to say! But most instructors will watch anyway to gain a picture of what needs working on whatever you say!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Steve Angus,

Looks like one of the blues you can get to from the top of the Pyramides chair? Petit Bois given that it's the one closer to Le Signal?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
moguls look like Campanules? Down from top of Toviere to VC.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think the run underneath the Vallon bubble is Pyramides? If you mean the one that crosses, then yes I'd agree it's Petit Bois.

I think the moguls look like Campanules as well.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Endoman - you're a winner. Yes photo was taken from the Tufs lift of the Campanules run - well actually the piste is more underneath the lift but near enough!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well another crazy busy day on the mountain

Maybe I'm getting older but it just seems to be bonkers out there at the moment... I have yet to see more than a handful of people that can really ski on the mountain this week... lots of wannabes thats for sure and lots of ego's flying about and show offs who actually really can't ski at all despite thinking they can! Its just bonkers out there!

Anyway more on that point when I post '4)' in a second!

So after doing Dad duty this am I met my am lesson at 9am and it was a nice group of friends (in their 40's I'm guessing) from London! To be honest there was an array of abilities BUT crucially they all worked well together and always happy to wait for the slowest etc! So we did some work on the end of turn and then on the start of the turn to get them having more control! It seemed to work well! They now have plenty to work on until our next session on Wednesday!

After lunch I was back with the same booking as yesterday afternoon and I decided to take a trip over to Tignes and in particular to try and get down to Brev.... well we didnt quite make it all the way (and actually were late back) but had a good ski about working on bumps as there are loads about especially in the pm. I think it was a fun session with some good progress made!

I picked Ben up once again and have been doing Dad duty on the bath and bed time and to be honest I am totally shattered... I am really looking forward to a day off and out of ski boots! Roll on the weekend!

Anyway as I said id add the next in my list of mistakes:

4) This one relates to 'getting the line wrong' and ultimately why we have ice all over the mountain which everyone hates! So ill use this graphic and say that either a too direct a line or a line whereby pressure cannot be managed through flexing (amongst other things) leads to sub-optimatal performance! As I have said on more than one occasion in the past control of speed from the start to the end of a turn in the form of a controlled rounded turn is the ultimate show of skill or performance!

You'd be aiming for the middle line on all occasions in 90+% of circumstances (basically unless you are racing basically!)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'll be on the edge of the piste, controlled turns between the piste markers on all the lovely snow which has been shaved off the ice by the folks skiding down the piste itself wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yep, the last cat track width of piste at the edge is often a preferred line for me as well. Depends what the surface is like beyond the piste as to whether it's worth going there.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads

Where was everyone this morning - oh yea I know - in bed with hangovers!!!

This is about 1030 atop the Bellevarde - still no sign of anyone!

I dont often get up the Cugnai let along post a photo!

When I dropped my little one off this morning I couldnt but help notice the menu they have for the creche this week and in particular what they had on Sunday... wow the kids are fed well here eh - Steak and Chips!!!!

Stunning views atop the Bellevarde before doing the torchlit descent!

Happy New Year

Well after getting an early night last night - I was shattered I really was it was a reasonably settled night... the revellers outside made a little noise and woke me once and the fireworks at midnight did too so it was pretty good nights sleep!

Anyway it was a hectic start to the day... both kids had to get to the public creche (as the 'locals' creche was closed today) and we had to get ourselves and kit to the meeting point too.... arghh it was a crazy start to the day but we both made it to our lessons on time!

I had an old client of mine (have been teaching her for the last few years - a week a year when she comes on holiday with her family and her sister and her family and they alternate who has a lesson each day) and we have a lovely time. Effectively she was using her edges too aggressively and moving her weight away from the edges so the skis were sliding out when she turned! So we had a really good session and some things for her to practice tomorrow whilst I teach her sister and then it will swap back again for Thursday!

Not only was it lovely and quiet up the mountain but it was actually warm and sunny too... although the freezing level will be dropping over the next few days back towards more normal Winter time temps for January!

After lunch I had the same client as per the last few afternoons and we worked on our carving... heading up the Solaise side and having a pretty successful session... hunting out some nice places to work on carving (which is mighty tricky actually!) we found a few places and much to my amazement we took a trip down the Arcelle and somehow we had the piste to ourself - literally - I couldnt believe it!

After helping Clare get the kids home I headed up to do the torch lite descent. It was the usual jovial occasion in the Bellevarde Restaurant beforehand having a catch up with some colleagues before the descent itself which can best be described as 'slippy' but everyone made it down in one piece!

And so after the usual chores etc here I am.

A few more days until the school hols come to a close... it would be nice to think that on Sunday when both Clare and I have a day off we can have a nice lie in and sleep catch up! We shall see!.

TTFN
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Happy New Year Steve! And many thanks for the useful tips!
In fact, the chart you posted earlier with the three lines is what I was working on with my son last week in Grand Bornand Smile I will hand him to the New Gen school during HT in 3V to work on turn innitiation and completion.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Happy new year steve to you and the family I saw you teaching one of the ladies just before midday on either Verte or Mont Blanc, you were deep in conversation so didn’t want to intrude.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Steve, Happy New Year to you, Clare and the kids.

We took your advice and tried the Garage - what a lovely bar! We only wanted light bites that evening so it worked out perfectly. Denise had a salad and I had a pizza, washed down with a large 'Crystal' beer. A really nice vibe there. I also got to finally try Taverne d'Alsace as well this week. It was very good, with a good menu to choose from. For steaks, I still prefer the Lodge but the fish dishes at Td'A were excellent. Wally (owner of Le Lodge) very kindly found a table for us for New Year's Eve and the Chateaubriand was as good as ever.

A great trip with pistes in pretty much mint condition and queues much smaller than they have been in previous years.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well that was colder wasnt it

Groundhog day continues (as it always does at this time of the year!) but the temps were somewhat colder!

Alternating the ladies from one day to the other I was with P today. So we headed off up the Bellevarde and I did a very similar lesson for her as I did for her sister yesterday. Anyway it was a jolly good morning despite the cold... until suddenly she came over feeling all ill suddenly. She really came down ill hard all of a sudden (without going into details I should add that she does have a very rare and unique set of medical conditions). We think it was her medication. But anyway after a sit down in the snow and a slow ski down the 3J (where we were at the time) and then up the Marmottes lift it was a relative simple download and get her back on the chalet transport car that she had available to her. Hmmm and interesting morning!

The afternoon I was back with one of the ladies from the other day and we left off where we were the other day. We had a great ski about although it really was chilly. We ultimately went up to the Val glacier where the snow was just perfect (even colder though) and then finally headed home. It was interesting as I did some video feedback with her and she was interested in what she saw but in particular she was shocked to see what she was doing was not what was in her minds eye - ah ha now you understand what I was on about - ha ha!

This evening I had to take a quick trip up to our chalet to sort out a little problem but apart from that not much else apart from the usual evening routing to report!

mooney058 - thanks! All good!
Curtains - brilliant - but are you sure it was me as I dont recall skiing on Verte or Mont Blanc yesterday?!? I was in the area but dont think it was me!
bar shaker - great report there. HNY to you 2. Yes Garage is cool eh! Td'A is different isnt it - love it... and of course the Lodge is awesome for meat (you should try 1789 too in that case!). Now you are talking a Chateaubriand - YUMMY! Glad to hear you were impressed by the pistes too... they are not quite so good now I dont think though!

Back to 'mistakes' I have been writing about.

5) Pack skiing. Groups / friends / yes ski school 'lines too' I suppose / families.... everyone bombs about in groups... its like swarms suddenly descending. Why is this a pain / problem / error... well simply in that creating these packs it turns into a rush about rather than a ski about... there is always an unofficial race to the bottom of the piste (even if it is not explicitly said) - testosterone takes over and no one really wins. Instead of bombing about in packs it would be much more beneficial to actually take your time and allow everyone in the group to take their time and take a rounded line (amongst other skills). It turns into wacky races otherwise!

Meanwhile in other news it looks like one of the pipes around about the new Brussels hotel development has burst this evening... thanks to SnowTraxx for this photo.

And the puddle of frozen ice is getting bigger and bigger by the minute apparently!

I also thought I would share this Radio Val photo from last night of the torchlire descent - nice pic eh!

A stunning but cold day!

TTFN
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Can anyone recommend a shop in Val for servicing. I know they all do it but if someone knows of a good one (i'll put this in the other Val thread too). Given it's probs going to be icy starts I want to get them done when I arrive on Saturday pm for a Sunday morning start. We are staying right in the middle of town at Alpina lodge. Thanks.
snow report
Only been there twice on hols so not an expert so others may have better options @dunc999 I used Snowberry and gave the guy a thank you beer for smashing me out a service in double quick time even though they were officially shut
ski holidays
@dunc999, All of the shops do amazing servicing. I've used Skimium in La Daille and their work is first class. Several local friends also have recommended Killy Sports at the Office de Tourisme roundabout, where they have a €250k machine that does them instantly.

Or as @Ldj226, says, you won't go wrong at Snowberry.

I'm now enjoying doing my own, but need a snowy day to justify not skiing/boarding Laughing
ski holidays
@Steve Angus, The Cote de Boeuf at 1789 is amongst the best I have had. I haven't been there yet this season but must visit again soon.
latest report
Quote:
allow everyone in the group to take their time

This is why I often prefer skiing on my own. I am usually the slowest skier in a group. The reason this is a problem is that as soon as I arrive where the rest of the group has stopped, they start again, so I get absolutely no rest. A better way would be for the group to start when the last to arrive is ready to go.
latest report
in experience the slowest skiers always start off last and the quickest ones first. try doing it the opposite way round and maybe you'll all get equal rest. slowest skiers seem to never want to go first.
ski holidays
@Ldj226, @bar shaker, thanks guys! And I might try that Cote de Boeuf too, although was hoping to keep spending to a minimum this trip Very Happy !!
snow report
dunc999 wrote:
@Ldj226, @bar shaker, thanks guys! And I might try that Cote de Boeuf too, although was hoping to keep spending to a minimum this trip Very Happy !!

No Cote on the std menu, but likely to have them as specials.

The shoulder of lamb for sharing is also worth trying.

http://restaurant-valdisere-1789.fr/fr/carte/
snow report
2 days to go, can't wait now, especially as there is a bit of a freshen up in the latest forecasts!
latest report
Hi Steve Angus...

Noticed this on the front de neige webcam earlier...

Any idea what's going on? Earthquake? Wink
snow conditions
Could it be connected to the puddle of ice mentioned earlier?
snow conditions
bar shaker wrote:
@dunc999, All of the shops do amazing servicing. I've used Skimium in La Daille and their work is first class. Several local friends also have recommended Killy Sports at the Office de Tourisme roundabout, where they have a €250k machine that does them instantly.

+1 for Killy Sport - have replied to your other post, dunc999.
ski holidays
Quote:

Could it be connected to the puddle of ice mentioned earlier?

That's where the ice was last night. By the morning they had marked the area off. Radio Val d'Isere has reported that the leak has come from the pipeline carrying water between Le Fornet and the Snow Factory located at the foot of Bellevarde. The water supply has been shut off whilst they drain the pipes and identify the leak. In the meantime, there will limited snow making, just as we get some colder temperatures. rolling eyes
latest report
A change

Well a far bit to report from today.... first looking back over some of the comments above!

dunc999 - yea as long as they are not too busy then Snowberry slope side is your best option! And Killy Sport have the amazing machine too!
bar shaker - you are making me VERY jealous thinking about it!
nigelg - yup good way of doing it for sure! ... and yes good observation mk28
UkuleleDave - yea as Jehu and sno trax say its a snowmaking leak! Pic below!

It was similar temps and weather as it has been the last few days once again! I had the same lady as a couple of days ago... so we moved on from where we were a couple of days ago... by the end of the session she was really happy to get down her first black run with confidence - well done L. I was actually quite warm in the end as I had put an extra layer on and carrying extra kit to the office before the day started so I could change into snowboarding gear at lunchtime made my warm too!

It was a nice morning and once again the Double M from the top in Tignes was the most amazing piste out there - awesome. Snow was really good on there!

After a quick change at lunchtime into my boarding gear I headed out to meet young K (12 years old) who was more than excited to give snowboarding ago - I think he had been pestering his parents for years to let him have a go at it. Anyway he did really well for his first session actually... as predicted he had to learn to pace himself but we got there... by the end he was KNACKERED - a happy tired though. So tomorrow we will move on from there and hopefully getting him turning! Yay!

After collecting Ben to get him home it has been a quieter evening than it was last night... tomorrow I am once again on a full day but Saturday (at the moment) I only have the morning booked and then Sunday off so hoping to get some rest and family time as well as catch up on a long to do list that has been neglected for the last 3 weeks or so!

I did get a really nice review on Trip Advisor today though which I thought I would share with you if I may along with the photo they posted too! Makes it all worthwhile and satisfying thats for sure:

"Private Ski Lessons with Steve - Amazing

I’m a brand new skier and went on these lessons with a daring and awesome 11 year old and her mother who just needed a confidence boost. Steve was AMAZING and managed to tailor our three half day lessons so that all of us came out confident and significantly better than when we started. I will be recommending TDC to anyone going to Val D’Isere in the future and the next time I am back you can bet I’ll be booking lessons with Steve again.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me and to push me just enough to where I am truly looking forward to skiing again!
Date of experience: December 2018"

So yes as reported there is a problem with some of the pipework that leads from the Snow Factory control room under the Olympique lift up to the Fornet... there seems to be a leak... in fact I watched them trying to sort the issue out and there was lots of puzzled looks on the faces of the STVI and pisteurs etc on the snow front near the ESF 'pen' today... like this photo from Radio Val.

Another one for everyone:

6) Practice: Anyone who has done much skiing / snowboarding knows that progress slows down over time. You generally make fast progress initially but everyone ultimately hits the 'plateau'... How much time you spend on the plateau is dependent on how much time you want to spend on it. So the more you take time to practice the drills and info you learn in the lessons the quicker and better you will get... however for some reason no one ever does their 'homework' and if anything people do the complete opposite of what they are taught in the lessons... e.g. dont take the chance to follow the line of a good skier or whatever. I have to say that overall the standard of skiing / snowboarding on the mountain seems to be getting worse not better... the advent of new kit is most definitely NOT making people better skiers that is for sure. It gives the illusion of making better skiers etc is more often than not an illusion! So take 10 mins here and there to practice and little by little it will be committed to the muscle memory! - hopefully..... as snowsports are a muscle memory 'subconscious' sport!

Finally for today there is some lovely snow out there but you need to get skinning to get to it - my colleague went for a walk today and got some nice stuff!

Nice on the nursery slopes (until the sun went behind the mountain when it got very cold indeed!)

TTFN
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like we had some power issues in town late this evening. A few power surges after which, the SFR mobile network went down. Shocked

Orange still seems to be fine though.
snow report
Steve Angus wrote:

Back to 'mistakes' I have been writing about.

5) Pack skiing. Groups / friends / yes ski school 'lines too' I suppose / families.... everyone bombs about in groups... its like swarms suddenly descending. Why is this a pain / problem / error... well simply in that creating these packs it turns into a rush about rather than a ski about... there is always an unofficial race to the bottom of the piste (even if it is not explicitly said) - testosterone takes over and no one really wins. Instead of bombing about in packs it would be much more beneficial to actually take your time and allow everyone in the group to take their time and take a rounded line (amongst other skills). It turns into wacky races otherwise!

Ah, this is one of my pet hates. Don't understand why people ski like this. It doesn't look much fun as they mostly seem to spend their time flinging their shoulders around trying to avoid crashing into each other and are a complete pain in the back bottom to anybody else on the same piste.
snow conditions
@sno trax, Radio Val reports a 20K V transformer has gone pop. All sorts of things are affected; including one phone network.
snow conditions
@chocksaway, that'll be the one then. Thanks Very Happy
ski holidays
Steve Angus wrote:

6) Practice: Anyone who has done much skiing / snowboarding knows that progress slows down over time. You generally make fast progress initially but everyone ultimately hits the 'plateau'... How much time you spend on the plateau is dependent on how much time you want to spend on it. So the more you take time to practice the drills and info you learn in the lessons the quicker and better you will get... however for some reason no one ever does their 'homework' and if anything people do the complete opposite of what they are taught in the lessons... e.g. dont take the chance to follow the line of a good skier or whatever. I have to say that overall the standard of skiing / snowboarding on the mountain seems to be getting worse not better... the advent of new kit is most definitely NOT making people better skiers that is for sure. It gives the illusion of making better skiers etc is more often than not an illusion! So take 10 mins here and there to practice and little by little it will be committed to the muscle memory! - hopefully..... as snowsports are a muscle memory 'subconscious' sport!

I can completely relate to this. Last week we had two lessons with Rab from TDC (a mutual friend, Steve and he said to say Hi) to get us off the plateau. Skiing friends looked at me in disbelief when I said I was doing this but we both got so many things tweaked. We had a total disassembly of our skiing (starting with skiing in fully unclipped boots) and then a total rebuild. The difference was amazing. All the annoying little things that we did but didn't know why (me sometimes lifting my inner ski tips, Denise sometimes stepping her inner ski across) were explained and eradicated. Denise's nemesis has also been icy pistes first thing in the morning. She would just lock up into defence mode, losing any technique that she should be deploying. She was shown how to nail these, in full control and has now lost her fear of them completely. We even got my GF carving and she went on to really get this working after the lessons. Brilliant!

No matter how good you are, I thoroughly recommend at least one lesson a season.
ski holidays
@bobski62, @bar shaker, @Steve Angus, (or anyone else) - I am in La Daille from this Sunday for a week and was also potentially looking for ski servicing.

I was going to use the Skimium shop which is right next to our hotel but if Killy Sports are likely to be better, faster, cheaper(??) it may be worth me taking them there instead.

What sort of price are each of them likely to charge? Will they be able to do them while I wait - after my first day on the slopes and before I head back to La Daille? Bearing in mind the proximity of the Skimium shop, is it still worth me going to Killy Sports?
ski holidays
@tonyswift, I can't answer for Skimium or Killy but I know SnowBerry slopeside do an overnight service. Drop them in after skiing and pick them up the next morning on your way to the slopes. They are based at Rond Point where the buses turn around. It's near to the Olympique and Solaise lifts and easy to use the bus get to and from La Daille.

From what I recall, an edge and wax was about €30-35 when I had mine done a couple of weeks ago.
snow report
@tonyswift, I emailed Snowberry this morning and they said they were too busy servicing their own gear over the weekend to do private stuff as well- might be OK Monday? I'm going to take mine to KillySports when I get there 5 ish tomorrow - I'll let you know how I get on.
snow conditions
Thanks @dunc999, We arrive on Sunday so the mad rush should have dissipated somewhat by then after everyone leaves tomorrow!! I have a half day off piste SCGB session on Monday morning but a full day on Tuesday so was thinking of popping them in somewhere after skiing on Monday, having a few drinks and picking them up before heading back to La Daille on the bus. I will see how they si on the icy pistes first thing on Monday and decide from there whether they need doing.
snow report
i"ve been on that intermediate plateau for years, i can get down anything except moguls and off piste in my own relaxed kind of style, but i"m happy with where i am, i am just a once a year one week long skier on holiday looking to have a bit of fun in the snow, i know i"m going to fall over eventually, i dont want to be franz klammer, i want to enjoy the mountains and scenery, of course i would like to do moguls without breaking my knees, and off piste without losing a ski, but i am where i am in my skiing career and i am quite contented
ski holidays
tonyswift wrote:
@bobski62, @bar shaker, @Steve Angus, (or anyone else) - I am in La Daille from this Sunday for a week and was also potentially looking for ski servicing.

I was going to use the Skimium shop which is right next to our hotel but if Killy Sports are likely to be better, faster, cheaper(??) it may be worth me taking them there instead.

What sort of price are each of them likely to charge? Will they be able to do them while I wait - after my first day on the slopes and before I head back to La Daille? Bearing in mind the proximity of the Skimium shop, is it still worth me going to Killy Sports?

My GF uses Skimium at La Daille (she doesn't trust me to service her skis). They do a brilliant job over night and it's €25 for an edge and wax.

They are ready at 8am the next day.
latest report
mk28 wrote:
in experience the slowest skiers always start off last and the quickest ones first. try doing it the opposite way round and maybe you'll all get equal rest. slowest skiers seem to never want to go first.

Used to use this method:-
Two best skiers in group take it in turns to lead & be 'tail end charlie'. The one leading the group to find a sensible line for those following, and a safe place to stop & wait. TEC to follow everyone down & make sure everyone gets to stopping place in one piece, even if it means 'sheparding' someone down. Two best skiers then swop places for next stretch.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy