Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Malburn, Liechtenstein

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, I tried a search and only found 1 post about malburn in the whole forum, from 2005, with no replies.

So has anyone ever been? I am in Zell am Zee for a weekend later in the season and thinking of a trip across to Switzerland, stopping in Liechtenstein on the way. Its a small resort, but will be nice to add a new country to my cap Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Weird. Thought I'd posted about Malbun before, but search says otherwise. Maybe it was elsewhere. Never actually managed to get there in the end, but I think it's only a tiny place with a few runs. I'd only do it to say I've been there, and cross 1 more country off the to do list.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In Jan 2009 when I changed camp from Engelberg to Flim/Laax I stopped over at Malbun for a good part of the day. Prior to that I once try to do it as a day trip from St Anton but didn't ski it due to lack of snow. The ski pass then was 39CHF after 11am while a full day pass was 45 CHF.

It is a nice small resort hidden from Liechtensein becuase you have to enter a tunnel to the other side of the mountain to ski. You can find the details from the Bergfex web site by searching resorts in Switzerland.

Not a lot of challenge but a self conatined gem hidden from the outside world. It is a perfect stop if you are travelling in a car and got skis with you and there is snow in the mountain.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I spent a week skiing there once but I doubt if my input will be very helpful as it was back in January 1972.

As I recall, therewas a very short nursery slope & drag lift but the only way up from the village was another drag which was very steep and lower intermediates had to leave it half way up on a very small icy path which resulted most mornings in a fair bit of carnage. Consequently It was the last time my wife ever put on a pair of skis! A shame because further up there was a beatiful bowl and some lovely runs.

I have no doubt that in the intervening 40 years the infrastructure has improved a bit.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
charliwest wrote:
I am in Zell am Zee for a weekend later in the season and thinking of a trip across to Switzerland, stopping in Liechtenstein on the way.
That's a hell of a way. Madness.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bode Swiller wrote:
charliwest wrote:
I am in Zell am Zee for a weekend later in the season and thinking of a trip across to Switzerland, stopping in Liechtenstein on the way.
That's a hell of a way. Madness.

Maybe he's after the cheese rolling eyes Or is this a troll?

But, more to the point, way back in 1992 I did ski in Malbun. That was driving back from France to Germany. As I arrived, late one evening, it was snowing gently and in the headlights the effect was like out of a fairy tale. I had intended only to stay one night and have a few runs (to add another country to my list, like charliwest) but I enjoyed it so much (there was new snow) that I skied for the whole day and stayed another night.

Malbun is relatively small but there are some interesting runs. As has been said, there is a bowl on one side of the valley (on the left when you drive up) and then a couple of lifts in a valley on the other side, mostly reds and blues with some more direct variants. Fine for a day if the snow is there.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy