Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the real cost to the resort of a poor start to the season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
With the snow fairies holding onto their flakes probably into December and the press running horror stories of pure negativity you cant but wonder what the real cost will be to the ski resorts and partners.

We all know that a poor start will have put people off booking, Crystal have been running their wipe out deals but i'm sure it will of only tempted the really brave for early season, Thomas cook wont appreciate the conditions either when they are having a few issues with cash flow. But what about the resorts!

They are all starting to pump out artificial snow to get the season underway and hopefully will give a good base for the first snow to make it a great season.

But it must be really expensive to run so many cannons for a prolonged period, I'm sure they wont mind in the short term and if they get really big dumps throughout the season they may not have to use them much more but if not ---
how long will they be able to run them due to cost and water supplies Puzzled

lets just pray fro snow wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Like last year the high glacier resorts will see proportionally more customers at the expense of the lower ones
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ischgl in Austria spent around 1 million in a week or so for artificial snow. And they will open on 26th!

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=78100&start=120

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm not sure that the resorts are spending more this year on snow blowers than in previous years.

When we lived in Les Contamines I was quite good friends with the Technical Director and his aim was to blow as much as possible in November regardless of what the snow did as the snow would only add to the the work they'd already done.

This would mean that if there wasn't much snow during the season it wouldn't create too much of a problem plus it would mean that they could better control the base layers which would result in the pistes holding up better throughout the season.

I think the photo above is quite common throughout at the moment....

I think the effect of "the snow coming late" is more likely to be seen next season than this season..... my rationale being that those tourists who will really be worried about it at the moment are those who have already booked for the early season and from what I understand those who do are becoming fewer and fewer.... OK so the peak weeks are still getting booked but that's more by those who want to go away for Christmas and not those who are aching for skiing.. so if they're away for Christmas/New Year and the snow is poor then they're still away.

As for the impact being acarried over to next year.. if you have booked for this early season and are sitting biting your nails about the conditions and then your fears are realised then are you likely to book for the same period as early for next season?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
everyone should know that booking before the new year is always and always has been a bit of a gamble... I knew when I booked a couple of months back, not really worried yet, still over 3 weeks to go Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy