Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Natwest Gold Account: Travel Insurance

Poster: A snowHead
I have travel insurance through my Natwest Gold Account and it does state that winter sports are included. The missus is convinced it is all we need for out one ski trip per year but I am not convinced. You hear so many horror stories about people needing air lifted off the mountain and having to pay £20,000 etc.

Is anyone familiar with this type of insurance or have any suggestions?

Also, I always get insurance with the ski passes we buy each day. What does that (if anything) actually cover...?!

Thanks,

Mac
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mac22, if you want to know what your bank's insurance covers, you might start by looking at the policy document.

Lift pass insurances here:
http://www.carreneige.com/
http://www.assuranceski.com/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lizzard, thanks, I have checked the documents I just don't trust that there is no loop-hole I'm missing! Maybe a little paranoid!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mac22, are you sure that's not Advantage Gold? I spoke to Natwest travel insurance people yesterday to find out if winter sports were included on my Gold account (having mislaid my policy booklet years ago). They said no and it was a £20 upgrade for a week, which I've just paid. NatWest Advantage Gold travel insurance does include winter sports though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RachelQ, yeah thats right. It is the Advantage Gold Account we have.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We use our Adv Gold account for all our travel insurance, but so far have never had to make a claim, thankfully.
Think I might read the small print - you've made me paranoid now Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We have advantage gold. The travel insurance does cover snowsports. You are covered for all on piste skiing, but you must be accompanied by a guide or instructor if off piste to make it valid.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's what I have, though (touch wood) never had to use it. What shoogly said too though.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have the advantage gold a count and it states in my book that winter sports are included. It covers most things, even off piste with a guide etc.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ricklovesthepowder, what about off-piste without a guide?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have Advantage Gold travel insurance too. It covers everything I want since I never ski off-piste. You should always check the policy wording to check the cover is adequate for you.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Was in Mexico this summer when some friends had to obtain medical assistance for their son. They received an immediate and excellent response with that cover. Having said that, It should be a good insurance policy as Nat West charge £12.50 per month to be an advantage gold customer, so it's not free.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
achilles, No this isn't covered, but basically everything else was.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mfamily2, it's £12.95 per month now but also includes Green Flag car breakdown cover, mobile phone insurance, identity theft insurance, accidental death benefit and extended warranty for household electrical goods.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ricklovesthepowder, HSBC Premier travel insurance is the same, IIRC.
latest report
When I tore my thigh muscles almost 2 years back I had to cancel my hol booked with Thompson. My insurance paid up immediately (Direct Travel), my mate who was with Adv Gold had his lift pass removed from the claim as it was deemed an "excursion". I'm not sure if he argued it and got the money but I dont think so.
snow report
Word of warning with these "free" insurances dished out by the banks - I (and my wife) tried to get cover under our respective but different banks, and neither of them would cover (our particular) pre-existing conditions whatsoever - even for an additional premium Puzzled Ended up going back to Dog Tag Cool
latest report
Tony Ellwood, we keep getting grumbles about French bank card related insurance as well - people refused full payment for helicopter transport, company not stumping up because the holder didn't call before being taken off the hill, other such bizarre stuff.
snow report
I also use Advantage Gold insurance, and also had the displeasure of getting an injury a while ago when on the slopes (dislocated shoulder). I paid for all medical fees upfront, and upon returning to the UK my claim was processed within 2 weeks. Was very impressed.

Since I'm posting already, thought I'd ask: does the AG policy cover you for theft of skis?
snow conditions
queen bodecia, I know I also have it, but my point was only that we pay for it, just like we pay for the free drinks in an all inclusive chalet.

Mac22,
Quote:

The missus is convinced it is all we need for out one ski trip per year but I am not convinced.

No reason not to be in these circumstances.
latest report
c0Ka|Ne, This is what it says:

Winter Sports – Journeys up to 31 days
What you are covered for
1. Ski pack
Where you are unable to use your ski-pack on advice from our
medical advisor, we will provide up to £150 per week for your unused
ski pack, which you originally pre-booked in the UK.
2. Ski equipment
If, during the journey your ski equipment is damaged, lost or stolen,
we will pay up to £400 per insured person for replacements.
3. Hired skis
If your own ski equipment is damaged, lost or stolen, we will provide
up to £200 per insured person to hire replacement equipment for the
remainder of your journey.
4. Piste closure
If the skiing facilities in your pre-booked resort are closed in their
entirety due to lack of or too much snow, we will pay up to £10 per
day for you to travel to an alternative site. If there are no alternative
sites available, we will compensate you £30 for each full day you are
unable to ski.
5. Avalanche closure
We will pay up to £200, if, following an avalanche, land-slide or
land-slip your arrival or departure from the ski resort is delayed and
you have extra accommodation expenses as a direct result.
6. Physiotherapy following a skiing accident
If we pay a claim under section E of this policy, and this claim is as
a direct result of a ski accident, we will pay up to £350 towards
physiotherapy which is recommended by a medical practitioner on
your immediate return to the UK.
7. Delayed Ski Equipment
Up to £100 towards the cost of hiring replacement ski equipment
necessities, if your own ski equipment is delayed in reaching you on
your outward journey for at least 12 hours and you have a written
report from the carrier (i.e. airline, shipping company etc.) or tour
representative. Receipts will be necessary in the event of a claim.
snow report
And here's the link for the entire policy doc:

http://www.natwest.com/content/personal/adgold/pdfs/AdGold_travel_insurance_policy.pdf
snow conditions
I had this and dropped it because of the off piste / guide issue and it was the only benefit I used so dogtag was better value and had full off piste cover
latest report
mfamily2, thanks for the that!
snow conditions
For Advantage Gold, here's the number to call in an emergency : +44 125 274 0443
NB: *Lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm Saturdays. Max call charge from a BT landline is 8p plus up to 6p per minute (0870). Call costs from other countries may vary. Calls may be recorded.

Here's a link to their policy page which has all the certificates and other info on it.
ski holidays
Being cynical ... if I am ski-ing on piste, and am punted off into the trees by (as a purely theoretical example) a French teenager who doesn't give a toss about anyone else on the slopes, and I hit a tree which is (of course) off the piste ... will my insurer wriggle, on the basis that my injury was suffered while ski-ing off piste?

I wouldn't put it past them.
snow report
you were skiing on-piste when the accident happened.

that's like saying your car insurance won't pay out because the person who crashed into you forced your car off the road.
latest report
flowa, it's travel insurance. Why would you be calling their assistance company from a BT landline? Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy