Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Disabled skiing Winter Park

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My wife uses a wheelchair and for the last 4 years we have gone to Belle plagne where she has done handiskiing. The hotel is a ski in ski out meaning her instructor/guide leaves the handiski at the hotel and no worries working out how to get a wheelchair to a meeting place. We are looking at going to Winter Park next March and staying either at Zephyr Mountain Lodge or Frasers Crossing. My concern is how far is the accommodation is from the Disabled centre and would I need to do wheel her along each time she was skiing. She also just wants to be taken up the mountain to go fast and admire the views and have photostops rather than actually learn to ski. Has anybody any experience of Winter Park
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the adapted bus from the ski school will pick you up from accomodation in the mornings, looking at their website there is a range of accommodation. In most places if there is a gondola or finicular the idea is to go as far as possible in the wheelchair and then get into the sitski. Getting onto anything except a drag or chair lift is a pain in the ski. The wheelchair then just gets left at the lift station and you ski back to it at the end. I havent had a problem with chairs going missing, its hard to push a chair on snow so noone nomally bothers to move it. Quite often you can leave it inside with slope partol if it is snowing etc.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The NSCD office is right at the Base Station in Winter Park. The US is mainly chair lifts, Winter Park definitely is, so you won't have the Gondola issue.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Contact the NSCD (National Sports Centre for Disabled) in Winter Park.

They will be very pleased to help with all of the information you need.

I was one of the able bodied buddies who took a group of wheelchair users to the NSCD in Winter Park in 2004. I went with The Back Up Trust based in Wandsworth, London.

The NSCD has a large number of qualified instructors and volunteers who will take your wife skiing.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I’m a sit skier and I’ve been to Winter Park. When we were there we had problems with the ski busses, they don’t all have ramps and sometimes the ones with ramps din’t turn up. We would have to get the hotel receptionist to call them, some days we didn’t get skiing until after 12 noon.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy