Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Old (really old) skis and bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A guy at work mentioned that he has in his loft a really old set of skis, bindings and boots (the sort of skis you see above a fire place in a mountain restaurant - long, skinny and wooden, and leather ankle high 'boots'). He is thinking of trying to sell them. Does anyone know if there is a market for this sort of stuff (please don't suggest mountain side restaurants with fire places!)?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mustdash, Best bet is e bay. Or post up some pics on here to see if anyone is interested. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mustdash, Yes-there are loads of takers - if they're presentable/good condition, especially the boots anywhere between 125€ up to 200 or even more: Crazy eh? Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
These were picked up on eBay for just a quid...I got lucky Embarassed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We have a pair of florecsent yellow long thin old skis with 80's bindings in the attic but I didn;t think they were worth putting on Ebay...
No they aren;t ours.... A friend thought we may use them as we ski ???
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mustdash, are they Prada branded ones, worth a good bit, allegedly.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What's that, someone mention Prada? I'll pay 1200 dollars, paypal, now....... wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
noisey wrote:
We have a pair of florecsent yellow long thin old skis with 80's bindings in the attic but I didn;t think they were worth putting on Ebay...
No they aren;t ours.... A friend thought we may use them as we ski ???

Well I suppose you could, if you were really strapped for cash. Madeye-Smiley Perhaps a bit recent for antiquarian interest.

I've got my skis with cable bindings and screw-on edges in sections, and leather ankle boots with inner and outer lacing, both from 1958. I'd be afraid the skis might snap if I tried to ski on them. Or was the OP really wanting the unpainted wood skis my father used to ski on?

(Incidentally I can't seem to get the Snow Media Zone at present. Anyone else or is it just me?)

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 23-11-11 19:34; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rogg wrote:
mustdash, are they Prada branded ones, worth a good bit, allegedly.

I don't think they are Prada ones, but if they are, I'm having them for free. wink

From the description given they are, I would imagine early 20th centuary, however I haven't seen them. Will get a picture and see!

Cheers for all your help guys.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy