Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help in considering between 2011 K2 Shockwave vs K2 Rictor

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone Smile

I'm a newbie here so please forgive me if I don't know the protocols. I would like to get some opinion on the above skis from you guys Smile

I have been skiing for several years now and progressed from green to easy blue slopes and after buying a new pair of stiffer ski boots, I've been doing blue slopes more regularly now. I'm looking to progress to difficult blues and doing blacks comfortably in the future but my current skis are probably not too suitable for that.

I'm 175cm (5'9") and ~82kg (180lbs). My current skis are 155cm old rental Nordica freefour skis and great for initiating turns but becomes squirrelly at faster speeds and the edge grip is not too good. I reckon I would classify myself as an Intermediate and would like to get new technology skis which would allow me to get into skiing blues easily without being overpowering but still allow me to progress over time.

I've been doing my research and would like to focus on only K2 skis, the Shockwave and Rictor. I am leaning towards the Shockwave as it seems to be more forgiving and flexible for someone of my level but the local store is having a discount and the rictor is only 20 dollars more expensive than the shockwave. I am tempted to get the rictor with its hybritech sidewall and metal laminate technology but am afraid that it is 1 grade above my level and I would have trouble getting used to it. The reviews for the Rictor were all great (4.5-5/5 stars) while the shockwave was more lukewarm (3-4stars).

Also, for the shockwave, the length of the ski would be 163cm while the rictor will be 160cm.

Thanks for your help guys!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy