Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rotterdam to Obergurgl driving routes and stop off hotel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks to previous help from Snowheads we decided to Take the Hull to Rotterdam route to Austria. The AA rout planner seems to route via Breda Then south of Bonn and Stutgart then on to Ulm and Memmingen. Then over the pass towards Innsbruck. The total is coming in at 587 miles. We want to try and do it in one go on the way there but on the way home plan to stop overnight somewhere within easy striking distance of Rotterdam (or at least well past the half way mark) any advice would be very welcome.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Rhine Gorge area is nice, though nearer to half way. Maastricht and Aachen are lovely old cities, though possibly too far from your direct route. Also Cologne. If you just want a bed for the night, almost any hotel near a motorway junction would do.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just jump on the gas.

587 miles can be done in under 6 hours.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
587 miles can be done in under 6 hours.
[/quote]
Only if you are a lunatic rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Globalbagtag, I did this in a day (well, actually I started from Hoek of Holland). We set off at 7.00am and got to Obergurgl at 21.00. All was ok to Ulm but after that the snow fell and we needed to put on chains over one of the German passes. One then broke and I limped on to the nearest garage to buy some new ones. I was so tired when I arrived that I consumed a gorgonzola pizza and 3 grosse Bier in an hour and then slept badly. On the way back we stopped at Ulm overnight - much better. good luck.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
wtf? it's 6 hours from my place to Rotterdam, and my place is about half way from Rotterdam to any Austrian ski resort.

Last time I went to/from Rotterdam, it was either:
Breda-Tilburg-Eindhoven-Venlo-Köln-Frankfurt (did that once iirc - there's a missing bit of Autobahn at Venlo)
or
Breda-Tilburg-Eindhoven-Roermond-Dusseldorf-Frankfurt (I think was the way I went another time - can't remember the exact way).

I'd be tempted to do the exact route that AA came up with. Between Mannheim and Stuttgart, go via either Heilbronn or Karlsruhe (not sure which is worst for roadworks right now). From Ulm/Memmingen, I've never been the scenic way, only via Bregenz, which also has a long single lane scenic section and a long bonus toll tunnel, or via Munich (bit of a long way round). But there's loads of combinations.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Haven't done the drive to Obergurgl but do Europort to Chamonix and back 4 or 5 times a year. It's 675miles (if the pass is open) through Holland, Germany & Switzerland and i never feel the need for an overnighter. i don't exactly scream along a top speed with no stops either, not in a 'barn door' pick up with a 4 yr old on board. I'ld just go for it, if you overnight within striking distance of Rotterdam on the way back then what are you going to do all day before the boat leaves at 9pm? you could have been skiing!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Would also say do it in one go, I'm doing Rotterdam St Anton next week without an overnight. Did Lech-Zeebrugge with an overnight in September, but that was because the ferry was about £50 cheaper the next day, and a night in the tent was only a fraction of that, but found I arrived at the port with loads of time to kill and got very bored...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Globalbagtag, drove Kaprun to Rotterdam in about 11 hours. Most years we drive to France for summer holiday and any long distance travel including stop off/jams etc averages at 50mph. Whitegold, must be using his helicoptor wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy