Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where in Soldeu?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My wife and I have booked flights for a few days next march, we usually stop at The Roc in Soldeu but I have found a hotel called Austria which is half the price, it says it is a small walk outside the village , is it a small walk outside or a hike away and what is the hotel in general like, I dont expect a luxury hotel just as long as it warm and clean cause all day will be spent on the slopes.

cheers

j snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's not a 'small walk', something like 2kms if IIRC, on an often busy, dark, frequently icy mountain road. Walking into Soldeu is not IMO a sensible option.

Otherwise the Austria is a clean, comfortable budget hotel, although the first room we were offered was declined, and another more suitable room swiftly found. Decent bar with pool table/bar football, but little else in the 'hamlet' it's situated in. If nightlife is important, stop in Soldeu.

It's part way between Soldeu and Grau Roig, so if you have a car you car drive up to the often quieter Grau Roig area (the whole Grandvalira area is connected) and park for nowt (or at least you could).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BCjohnny, cheers the village is looking fav

j snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah, it's not just a short walk - it's in Bordes d'Envalira, and you'd want to get the ski bus - the stop is around 100m from the hotel.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JasonW, And another thing is that the window ledges are at a 45 deg angle, so not suitable to keep the Cava on for the post ski soak in the bath. However all is not lost as the bidet can be pressed into service by filling a supermarket poly bag with snow and transfering it to the bidet, but don't do as my wife did and stop to chat at reception as the ensueing puddle is a give away rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dypcdiver, cheers for that Laughing , its just the roc is 174euros for 3 nights and the hotel austria is 84 euros for 3 night in my mind thats another 90 euros on vodka!!!!! wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy