Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sample jackets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone got any experience in buying 'sample' clothing? Is the quality any lower than production versions? Any other differences? A google search told me nothing apart from where to buy it in China!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
freestyleandy, I bought a Salomon snow trip jacket last year from a well known retailer who generally sell really good gear, however this jacket despite being labelled up correctly didn't correspond with Salomon's usual sizing regime (it was bigger by half a size then it should have been) and on many Salomon's you would normally go up a size not down. The killer was that the seams were not taped so would not have been too good if worn whilst skiing. I went over this with a local Salomon retailer who was very surprised the jacket had been released for sale by Salomon. He described it as a sample.

You description seems to allude to fakes/counterfeits, so you run the risk of confiscation and losing your money if the item is inspected by customs depending upon how you pay.

Alternatively have you considered buying in the US - there are some great bargains, especially Arcteryx?

Cool
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Samples great bargains, most have the tags altered in some way usually under third of rrp Some unique, made up, but so expensive to produce not ever copied. Unfortunately most are usually in small sizes. Look out for clipped labels means a second. But as always you get what you pay for, just make sure you love it then if it falls to pieces it was better to have loved and lost than....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Seen a few samples, a lot of Nike ACG gear in the local Nike Outlet store. Quality is just as good as usual production stuff and it's usually a fair bit cheaper than the production versions. They never seem to make them in L or XL though so I've never been able to buy any.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jivebaby, I should say, this is a sample jacket from Bonfire, with tags that say sample on them. The information I found on google was related to starting your own clothing business, and getting samples from China.

Cynic, The things I am worried about are quality of the materials, waterproofing etc.....if it lasts a season it will be worth it Smile

shoogly, I have been lucky and found an L from Bonfire. Hopefully won't fall apart on me!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
freestyleandy, I have a 'sample' Rossignol jacket in a Medium size. It was in perfect order and identical to the ones on sale. Even had the samples of different colours attached. . Shame it doesn't fit me now, and the salopettes have not been worn. Might be one for the For sale section I think.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My Rossignol Tribe jacket from TK Maxx is a sample, seems every bit as well made as any other Rossi jacket I've looked at and is doing fine going into its 3rd season. Came with all the colour sample squares like Hells Bells's which my 7 year old daughtter still thinks is a good toy. And all the better it is a nice blue colour that doesn't seem to have it into production so pretty much unique as Cynic says.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy