Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val D'Isere for 4 nights, what shall we do?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My wife and i are going to Val with friends for a 40th birthday bash, what and where shall we do and go?

There are four of us around 40 (ish) and four who are around 50(ish), we all enjoy a good time but don't have the energy to go at it all night for four days. After all we are going on a skiing holiday! Very Happy

Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

don't have the energy to go at it all night for four days.

Oo err Missus! Nudge nudge. Wink wink. Say no more! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
billywifta, Are you looking for advice on where and what to ski or on nightlife? Or on both? There are plenty of snowHead with lots to say on both.

If it's the former then what kind of standard are the skiers? Val D'Isere and Tignes together (don't even think about the Val D' only pass) really do have something for everyone. The one criticism I would make of Val D'Isere is that the runs back to the town are a bit hairy for beginners who should not be shy about riding a lift down. But of course that's irrelevant if you are all off-piste demons.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 22-11-11 23:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Get yourself to the Grande Ourse for a slap up lunch or dinner - http://www.grande-ourse.com/restaurant-gb.htm
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are all of mixed abilities on the slopes so we'll do our own thing and meet up for the odd beer and lunch. I will definately be getting the all over pass as i like to get my moneys worth from the mountains.
I have been to Val D'Isere before but it was 20 years ago so i can't remember it that well.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good apres ski activity?

Go at it all night Bergmeister!!!! If only wink I'm a married man....say no more Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
billywifta,
Quote:

Try drinking copious amounts of alcohol, pretending that you are 25 when infact you are fifty. It works for us. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Will you have use of a car billywifta? If so, there's the, very novel, diving under the frozen lake at Tignes Shocked .....http://www.tignes.net/en/winter-sports/ice-diving-203.html

Or I think (?) you can do rally car driving on ice in Val D'Isere.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
billywifta,

mountainaddict,
Quote:

Will you have use of a car billywifta? If so, there's the, very novel, diving under the frozen lake at Tignes

However don't do this after drinking copious amounts of alcohol. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Are you looking for suave and swanky (living the high life) or high energy and grungy (living like you are in your 20s again)?

For the former there are a few very nice hotel bars in Val D - Le Blizzard or Pier Paul Jack in the Hotel Aigle des Nieges or there's the new hotel on the main street, The Avenue Lodge, I think - very swanky.

Somewhere in the middle for dinner is The Lodge - steak / Savoyard restaurant upstairs and very chilled out bar in the basement run by a great guy called Fabrice who makes the most wonderful toffee vodka and plays some very good tunes.

Hi energy and grunge would mean apres in The Morris with some pretty good live music - Mullit are a must-see if you like anything from the anything from the Arctic Monkeys to the Zutons and there is always the legend that is Mike (he was probably playing the last time you were there!). I try to avoid Dick Tea Bar the nightclub wherever possible and there are other places to get a late night drink - MBC Bar next door, for one although frequently enjoy a cocktail or two (during happy hour) at Victors - just across the road from Le Lodge.

Pacific bar is great for watching sports and Cafe Face for a more chilled out apres scene.

And you can't miss La Follie Douce (literally) - at the top of the La Daille bubble lift - kicks off from around 2pm on the terrace most days (unless its chucking it down with snow in which case its usually more mellow and inside) or the crazy last run down to La Daille after a couple of highly overpriced drinks.

How's that for four days?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
....and don't forget to have a crepe in the Grand Marnier cafe as you come off the slopes for the day - between the Solaise lift and the roundabout by the tourist office
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers Scampi... i think that packs out four days pretty much. I might just squeeze a crap out in the Grand Marnier cafe just for good measure Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy