Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accident Avoidance Technology eh?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Some press releases just stand out as being perfect forum fodder.

Only an American could eek out the tiniest morsel of competetive advantage and describe his wax as Accident Avoidance Technology. He has a point though. More valuable than a helmet?

What You Need to Know about Waxing and Accident Avoidance Technology
If you want to cut the risk of accidents or injuries and boost the FUN factor on the slopes, it's time to upgrade to the best wax in the industry: Hertel Ski Waxes, with Accident Avoidance Technology (ATT). Backed by Hertel Laboratories' 30 years of research and development, our waxes deal with the elements in snow like no other manufacturer.

With our high tech measuring devices, we've proven that trying to ski or ride without any wax is extremely risky -- and reduces control by more than 50 percent. That makes you a danger and liability not only to yourself, but to others on the mountain, too.

Choosing the RIGHT wax makes a big difference. If you've had a bad experience with the WRONG wax, you may be tempted to shy away from waxing altogether. Or you may think waxing is all about racing and speed and will make you go too fast. This is a MYTH -- the RIGHT wax product gives everyone better control.

Our testing shows that with no wax on the base, it takes on average 27 leg pounds to move the board. As you ride the resistance increases. Hertel waxes reduce the resistance down to 9 pounds on average, giving you the ability to control your equipment on demand. (Compare that to European waxes, which average 18 pounds resistance in tests.) Our 2011 test with no wax on a board in spring conditions required over 100 pounds to move the board. Hotsauce was still at 9 pounds. At 2 pm, it required 200 pounds to get a board to move with 185 pounds on it.

Here's the science behind it: once the ski or board is in motion, you are applying pressure and exerting friction, melting the snow, and creating a fine layer of water between your ski or board base and the snow. When you change the structure of the water under the base, it requires less energy to control your equipment. Using an encapsulation process, tiny bits of surface-active agents formulated into Hertel waxes break up the water (snow), decreasing surface tension and friction. This is what we call Accident Avoidance Technology -- it enhances control, resulting in easier sliding, added safety and more fun.

Hertel waxes are also safer to use, because they do not contain toxic substances like PTFE (the Europeans' fluorocarbon of choice). And don't be fooled by the rainbow of colors competitors' tout for different temperatures and overlays -- the stuff has never worked -- it's all just marketing hype. The technology behind these products hasn't been updated since 1946!

Hertel, on the other hand, continues to re-engineer its wax systems to meet the evolving standards of the ski industry, exceeding the challenges of today's terrain. We pride ourselves on the invention and production of the only true All Temperature Ski/Snowboard Wax in the world. Hertel Wax may be second in the marketplace, but we always take number one in overall performance.

And here's the vid...

http://youtube.com/v/E4I8V-s9Mq0

Great voice over!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

With our high tech measuring devices, we've proven that trying to ski or ride without any wax is extremely risky -- and reduces control by more than 50 percent. That makes you a danger and liability not only to yourself, but to others on the mountain, too.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

Quote:

the stuff has never worked -- it's all just marketing hype.

You said it...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bode Swiller wrote:
Only an American could eek out the tiniest morsel of competetive advantage and describe his wax as Accident Avoidance Technology. He has a point though. More valuable than a helmet?

Maybe wax will stick to my head longer than it does on my skis Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
(Compare that to European waxes, which average 18 pounds resistance in tests.)

Damn communist ski waxes.

Mind you not using wax is now Xtreme. Wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
European waxes are not measured in pounds.

Fact.

Damn yanks need to get metric.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Shocked

Quote:

If you've had a bad experience with the WRONG wax, you may be tempted to shy away from waxing altogether.

Errr and uh?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
meh wrote:
communist ...

... daughter, standing on the seaweed water ...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller wrote:

Choosing the RIGHT wax makes a big difference. If you've had a bad experience with the WRONG wax, you may be tempted to shy away from waxing altogether.

The only bad experience I've had with wax was when I once waxed my skis in the kitchen and got loads of it on the kitchen floor tiles. For the next six months the floor was like an ice-rink and I went back bottom-over-tit on numerous occasions while knocking up a stir-fry or pan of chips. For me I'm only tempted to shy away from waxing on the grounds of not being arsed. Often it's just too tempting to simply slap on some Zardos and get out there.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy