Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmet advice for short/no neck

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello All,

I thought I would see if I could delve into some of your experience and knowledge with regard to a helmet problem I am having. Currently I use a Giro 9 and wish t0 change it. I am looking for some suggestions for a light/best ventilated helmet as possible (that is the easy part.) The hard part though, is that due to playing in the front row for many years, I have a serious lack of neck. This is a problem as the back of my current helmet hits the back of my neck whenever I have raise my head eg in a shuss or when looking up thus leading to be loosing visability and leading to me snotting myself, quite impressively, on a number of occasions.

So are there any other short necked creatures who have suggestions for me, or should I just go and hang our with Quasimodo?

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As I'm sure most people will agree, helmet fit is a very personal thing. I tried a shedload on at the snow show last year before I bought my POC Skull Light. Ventilation is really important for me, I generate enough heat while boarding to make raclette. In my old lid I could quite literally wring the sweat out of it, after a few runs i'd be steaming. The POC has sorted that right out - cost a few bob but don't think i'll look elsewhere next time i'm in the market for a new helmet.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Dublinfella, as a tighthead prop i know how you feel, i used to have a red helmet which was quite good but changed last year to a K2 rival pro which fits like a dream!!! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This made me laugh when I read it earlier. Not very helpful I know but how about this
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Smith vantage , great ventilation and good fit , for no necks Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well you might laugh at Mr. Small but not far away!!mluti, Glad to have a fellow member of the union. Multi talented me, anywhere across the row. Will have a look at the K2, tried the Vantage but didnt seem to solve the neck issue. Damn short necks!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy