Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice with ski boots for wide feet 11/12

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello All,

Having read a bit here and there and decided it's time to try and do away with usual feet pain I used to take for granted, I have recently visitted one of the major city center retailers and I was taken foot measurement and all, but I didn't really get a proper fit from the 2 boots I have tested, which made me go out look for more options. Thus I appreciate any advice to any other boots to try out that could fit me (hopefully without complex modifications).

As I still have the assessment sheet, here are some more details:
toeshape - rounded
forefoot width - wider
instep height - mid
archstep height - mid
ankle and heel width - average
lower leg volume - average
overall foot volume - higher
Recommended size: 27.0

My skills level is confident intermediate towards advanced. At the retailers shop, I have first tried Head Vector 103mm and after 10mins, I was getting my usual problem with the boots: pressure points on the exterior of the feet just under the toe line to the point where it cuts my circulation and becomes painful. Head AdaptEdge fared a little better, I thought they could almost work at the 104 setting.

After going home I have measured the widest part of the foot, just under the toe line, where the pressure points are always felt, the result being 105-106mm. With this what's the boot width I should be looking for? Is there any "normal" compression in the ski boot without feeling pain? When I flex forward my foot width also increases a few MMs, but as I was told now and before this can be sorted with a custom footbed.

On my shortlist to try I have: Atomic B120/B90, Atomic LiveFit 120, Rossignol Experience Sensor 110, Nordica Cruise 100. Any others? There are a couple more wider boots, but they're really low spec...

Thank you!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 21-11-11 12:21; edited 4 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go see a Bootfitter, they'll have what you need and any Mods can be done while you drink beer!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. Yes, I can be convinced Smile to see a bootfitter, if only for a custom foodbed, and I live in London. From what I have been reading, there are always two options, aren't there: buying boots beforehand and go have some modifications done, or get them under the advice (maybe sometimes limited options) from the bootfitter if they offer this service. I am still weighting the two options.

Also any other thoughts and advice with my initial queries would be really helpful.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rcc, Take a trip to Profeet, have a chat with the guys there.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You'll have fun finding an Atomic B90 now - not seen any for sale new since last season. They are a 104mm last, so you've got half a chance there, but will probably still need to blow them out a bit if you really are 105-106mm.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
how abot Dalbello's? friend of mine has had some for a couple of years and they cured his "wide feet" problems, the Aerro model is 105mm wide i think.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks and indeed I can see there are models with 105-106mm last out there. They are all, like the Dalbello, on the lower begginer end, thus not sure about the performance they have.
Another one I have found is Head I-Type 12.5 - I don't know if they're any good, but it's an 106mm.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy