Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Le Grand Bornand - Accommodation help needed!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all! Really need help in finding accommodations in Le Grand Bornand, would appreciate any sort of advice/comments given!!

My fiance's family and I initially booked for a Sat 31st Dec-Sat 7th Jan (8 days) holiday to Le Grand Bornand. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, 3 of us had to change our stay to Thurs 29th Dec-Thurs 5th Jan. We now need to find accommodation for 2 nights from Thurs 29th Dec - Sat 31st Dec.

However, we're rather new to skiing & found out after changing our flights that most accomms operate on weekly basis! Anyone know of any accommodations that go on a shorter basis? Or how we can go about our search??

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there - A good place to start would be www.legrandbornand.com The website is good and will point you in the direction of the hotels in Le Grand Bornand which would probably be your best bet for anything other than weekly stays. Most of the ski lifts depart from Chinaillon which is a bit higher up from Le Grand Bornand and I can highly recommend L'Hotel Alpage. I think your main problem though will be the time of year you are looking for which is one of the busiest periods and availability especially for a couple of nights may be tricky to find. Good luck though - Le Grand Bornand is a lovely place.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are you staying in Le Grand Bornand village or up at Chinaillon? Assume you have already asked the accommodation you are booked with. The accommodation we feature at Chinaillon tends to be Sat-Sat but then adding a few nights before would normally be possible at this late stage (if you were already booked there from 31/12). We feature hotel Les Saytels in the village and there might be a possibility there if can wait to nearer the date. Best to try the hotels in any case even if you are booked in self-catering.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try Camping L'escale http://www.campinglescale.com/accueil_e.html. They have appartments and chalet options and if you ask nicely they may give you a daily rate if they're not full. Nice people, we're staying there in Feb.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yourskiness, the dudes a Ski Weekender have stuff near there and do short breaks... might worth giving them a shot - I have just spotted an advert on this site kicking around.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy