Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quick thoughts on some all mountain twinnies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well in the last 2 nights I've skied 5 different all mountain twin tips at Tamworth, 4 as part of the Big Ski EB test night on Wed then my new Storms last night for a lesson with Warren Smith courtesy of SCGB meetup so here are my first impressions.

K2 Kung Fuja 179cm. First one tried on fresh Tamworth hard pack but disappointing to say the least! Maybe it was my skiing or maybe they just aren't suited to dome skiing but these were just plain dull. No sign of life just pottering down, even when pushing as fast as sensible in the dome just plain boring. Easy enough to ski, no problem going edge to edge just predicable stable and not at all interesting.

Volk Bridge 179cm. Now this was more fun though seemed to have a split personality! Slowly cruising down and they are dead easy to ski but still give feedback, speed things up and they really react well and come to life, quick edge to edge, happy doing short turns or as big and wide as Tamworth allows.

Line Prophet 98 172cm. At the shorter end of what I normally like but these are ace, about 2 turns and I was grinning like the Cheshire cat! Certainly don't feel anything like as wide as the are, easy to chuck around the slope but equally happy to carve a line straight down it. Quite a soft feel to it but that wasn't a problem, just encouraged me to chuck it around the slope a bit more. Loads of feedback from skis, didn't mind the odd patch of solid ice, far happier been pushed a bit rather than pottering but with these on my feet I didn't want to just potter around.

Movement Jam 173cm. Everything I said about Lines go for these as well, in fact in the restricted space of the fridge it was hard to tell any difference between the two, great fun and had a stupid grin on my face by the corner on the first run on them.

Think I'd have to get the last two out on the mountain for a while to see if I like one better than the other.

OK now I'm worried! Haven't tried my new Storm Rages yet but the Lines and Movements are going to be hard act to follow.

Storm Rage 174cm. Bought cheap on ebay as they are the 09/10 model but Andy David at storm tells me apart from the topsheet graphics these are actually the same as last year Rage Pipelines. Well I didn't need to worry these are every bit as much fun as the big name ones! A little bit stiffer than the Lines and Movements but no less easy to ski, happy at everything from carving to the turning on the spot drills Warren had us doing like this http://www.warrensmith-skiacademy.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/about_foot-thigh-steering.jpg
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Having owned a pair of Line Prophet 100s for 3 seasons, I can vouch for their performance out on real mountains. They are fun skis to be on in any softish snow conditions. Like you I've only tried Movement Jams (2011 model) in the MK Snowdome and my first impressions were positive. I'd say these are likely to be a bit more piste oriented than the Lines though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Kung Fujas's do ski a little boring on piste but still hold up well at speed on piste. But they come ALIVE Smile in the pow! The rocker gets them bouncing. It like a different ski. Remember your turns on the mountain are going to be a lot wider and longer on the mountain than in the snowdomes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

But they come ALIVE in the pow!

What doesn't?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
uktrailmonster, Yep guessed there may be difference with a mountain to play with, I'd be happy to take either the Lines or Movements out on anything I'm happy to ski (well would be if I hadn't got the Storms). Both were fun on hardpack as well (Tamworth doesn't do anything else!)
jammiefreerider, Good to hear, thought there must be something better about them given how popular they are and guessed the slope might be the limiting factor.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy