Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to remove or adjust binding?

Poster: A snowHead
I have some Gladiator Movements to sell but wanted to keep the binding or at least tell the person who buys them how they can adjust them as they are a fixed mounting for my specific boot.
I'm not sure which model they are exactly but they are Marker bindings with graphics of cards K, Q of spades, etc.
Firstly any ideas how much the ski would fetch alone they ate 183cm ones with 92mm underfoot. They're good skis but I bought them originally to ski off piste and don;t go off piste that much at the moment so they're pretty sluggish on the groomers. Hardly any point owning 2 pairs of skis if you live in the UK. In fact, with Ryanair lugga ecosts now, I question whether it's worth owning any.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
GordonFreeman wrote:
......Hardly any point owning 2 pairs of skis if you live in the UK....

It's dead easy with these
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
it is pretty easy to remove bindings with the right pozidrive screwdriver and a mix of care (not to strip the screws) and brute strength (to break the bind of whatever gluey stuff is used to seal the screw in.) If you really struggle, heating the screwdriver up apparently will melt the glue but I've never had to do this
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon wrote:
GordonFreeman wrote:

I meant the fact that skis are now £40 EACH WAY on Ryanair.
Easier to put the £80 towards rental isn't it?
Those quiver killers look interesting but it seems almost the same price as a binding (if you shop around) if you have to get an installation kit plus all the threads?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
what Arno said...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
GordonFreeman, or not fly Ryanair.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alans deep bath wrote:
GordonFreeman, or not fly Ryanair.

then you pay the extra in flight costs Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
what is it that people don't get

15 years ago a return flight to geneva was £300+

now it is £30 each way and a bit for luggage/skis etc WTF is everyone moaning about
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CEM wrote:

now it is £30 each way and a bit for luggage/skis etc WTF is everyone moaning about

My thoughts exactly.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
GordonFreeman wrote:
spyderjon wrote:
GordonFreeman wrote:

Easier to put the £80 towards rental isn't it?
Those quiver killers look interesting but it seems almost the same price as a binding (if you shop around) if you have to get an installation kit plus all the threads?

660 posts on this forum & you're still flying with Ryanair. Have you not learnt anything rolling eyes

You're also missing the point re the Quiver Killers. Yes, a two ski set up is close to the cost of a pair of bindings but you can now flat pack two/three pairs of skis in a single bag with any additional carriage charges/bulk etc.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CEM wrote:

Flights are too cheap.... it is wrong that I can fly to GVA for less than the cost of the petrol to take me to the airport.... however I'm not paying to take my skis with me if it is going to be cheaper to hire them when I get there.....
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
£40 each way ? I've never paid more than £25 return for ski carriage in my last 10 Euroland ski trips & the other 20 or so days every season, skis are in car.

Depends what bindings. Good touring bindings won't give you much change from £350 wherever you shop.

You're also missing the point re the Quiver Killers. Yes, a two ski set up is close to the cost of a pair of bindings but you can now flat pack two/three pairs of skis in a single bag with any additional carriage charges/bulk etc.
Handy for flat-packing too but easy swap bindings make more sense for what I do, just for the versatility of being able to choose what binding I want to ski with what skis, on what day.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Don,t know where you fly from but Sleasyjet Newcastle to Geneva £215 and Jet2 to Charmbury £300 inc skis. Jan 14th 2012 So getting both pairs of skis in one bag saves £50 for us northerners
All our bindings slide off on rails so no screws required. It's the way forward
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
moffatross wrote:
[b Yes, a two ski set up is close to the cost of a pair of bindings but you can now flat pack two/three pairs of skis in a single bag with any additional carriage charges/bulk etc.[/b][/i]

Not really anymore I don't think. Easyjet, Flybe, Ryanair have redone all the charges this year, check the T's & C's - only allow 12kg for skis that kind of thing. Ryanair is def £40 each way.
The point is not that flights used to be £300 but that the cost now is cheaper to go without skis and avoid the luggage costs surely? Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
GordonFreeman wrote:
not moffatross but spyderjon wrote:
[b Yes, a two ski set up is close to the cost of a pair of bindings but you can now flat pack two/three pairs of skis in a single bag with any additional carriage charges/bulk etc.[/b][/i]

Not really anymore I don't think. Easyjet, Flybe, Ryanair have redone all the charges this year, check the T's & C's - only allow 12kg for skis that kind of thing. Ryanair is def £40 each way.
The point is not that flights used to be £300 but that the cost now is cheaper to go without skis and avoid the luggage costs surely? Smile

T'was actually spyderjon said that but anyhow, my 2 pairs of skis with biinding inserts weigh in at about 6.5kg combined. So by the £40 for 12kg reckoning, I'd be sanctioned for 3 sets and a bonus monoski on one carriage charge ... I don't get how that'd be more expensive than hiring ?
snow report
"2 pairs of skis with biinding inserts weigh in at about 6.5kg combined."

Seriously? My bag and one pair of skis + boots must weight in at least 10kgs
ski holidays
moffatross, all that carbon does help.
snow report
GordonFreeman, I've just checked on scales & both pairs combined weigh just under 6.4kg.

Alans deep bath, even my venerable Recons only weigh 3.6kg without bindings but that said, there's more ptex & patch in them now than original base material & I have filed a bit off their edges over the years. Laughing So yeah, carbon obviously does help a wee bit as there's a lot more surface area in the Scotts than the old planks had. wink
snow conditions
"I've just checked on scales & both pairs combined weigh just under 6.4kg. "

And boots, the bag, poles, clothes, helmet?
I think my bag alone weighs in at 6kg Smile

I suppose it comes down to whether you go for a week or many weekends.
If skiing for weekends, then the £80 for baggage could be put to use on weekend ski rental instead.
latest report
Will the Marker M11 binding be ok to use on skis meant mainly for the piste say those from 70-75mm underfoot?
the bindings say they're targeted at freeriders and bit worried the brakes might stick out too much.

http://www.skis.com/wide-brake-ski-bindings/c1000000018/marker-m110-free-tc-ski-bindings-2009-p156680.html
ski holidays
GordonFreeman wrote:
"I've just checked on scales & both pairs combined weigh just under 6.4kg. "

And boots, the bag, poles, clothes, helmet?
I think my bag alone weighs in at 6kg Smile

I suppose it comes down to whether you go for a week or many weekends.
If skiing for weekends, then the £80 for baggage could be put to use on weekend ski rental instead.

Ah, I get you now GordonFreeman. Flying for weekend trips could skew the economics in favour of hiring for sure.

My weekend or day trips are done by car though & the primary logic behind binding inserts for me was simply to be able to choose the right binding and ski for a given day (lots of climbing v. mostly lift assisted or firm snow v. deep freshies) and swap if necessary working out of the car boot. Easy packing for my Alpine weeks is just a Brucey Bonus. Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy