Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Sailer, St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone stayed here ??? - Its got awful reviews on Tripadvisor but its teh only place I can find with availability for my trip

thanks

Dave
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello dave_lob, It has very good central location, but might be a bit noisy for early nights. It's modern and functional. Haven't stayed there, but I have eaten in the cafe a few times, reasonably priced but limited menu such as Wiener Schnitzel, etc. Had a look at Tripadvisor, seems the owner (Basil?) doesn't have a very good rapport with his clients. Still if you are out all day you don't need to have much contact with him.
One thing that might explain his attitude could be down to me. One evening I strode into Cafe Sailer as the some of the locals (no not Aussies!) were watching either an ice hockey or a handball match, can't remember which, on a TV perched high up on a shelf and as I walked past to a table the thing decided to throw itself the ground smashing to bits! Now I am not paricularly heavy, 97kgs, but it has to have been coincidental! Anyway, if it was handball, good!
Sorry but that's all I have on the Sailer. Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stayed there a few years ago. Hard to beat location and we had a great room. However the whole place stank of smoke. All the instructors congregate there for their early morning and mid afternoon fags. The service was the unfriendliest I have ever received in Austria. If you can get the Gasthof Angelika - it's in an even better position, was cheaper, service so much better and even had wellness facilities. Heading back there in March. Email the Gasthof Angelika rudi.tschol@st-anton.at
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

its teh only place I can find with availability for my trip

If it really is the only place left then I guess that tells you all you need to know:( Never stayed there so I can't comment directly, and I wouldn't be too worried about trip adviser, but if it is the last place to get booked up then clearly other people are avoiding it.

When are you going and for how long? I find that a lot of places will tell you they have no availability if you just want to book 2 or 3 nights. If you are searching vie the Tourist Office website I suspect they have automated rules in the booking system to not take short bookings except at the last minute.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy