Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

a seasonaires blog !

Poster: A snowHead
unusual..............http://belledeneige.blogspot.com/2011_01_01_archive.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://belledeneige.blogspot.com/2011_01_01_archive.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Last seen ranting about reclaiming the c word - appears she's now gone nautical.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I missread it as bell end neige.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Classic:
Quote:
Without skiers to tow them on the flat, the slopes would be littered with the frozen over, skeletal corpses of boarders with one foot clipped out, who got stranded and didn’t have enough energy to punt home.

Someone needs to invent some kind of snowboarder’s extendable pole thing that pings out from the sleeve or glove like a Wolverine Claw. But until they do, just shut the Be Nice please! up and give the poor Fitzwilliams a tow.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Magnificent effort being able to slide on snow whilst being so far up one's own back bottom.

Well played.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FlyingStantoni wrote:
Classic:
Quote:
Without skiers to tow them on the flat, the slopes would be littered with the frozen over, skeletal corpses of boarders with one foot clipped out, who got stranded and didn’t have enough energy to punt home.

Someone needs to invent some kind of snowboarder’s extendable pole thing that pings out from the sleeve or glove like a Wolverine Claw. But until they do, just shut the up and give the poor Fitzwilliams a tow.

Someone has invented that.

Can't remember where i saw it, but it is has a retractable cord built into the bottom of a backpack. Specifically for towing toddlers i think, but similar to what you get for retractable dog leads. Actually quiet a good idea imho.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mike Pow, I quite like it.

There's a list of snow/resort/seasonnaire blogs listed down the sidebar on my own blog if anyone is looking for things to read. Post adresses for any others you like that I've missed and I'll add them.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As some of you know I do a daily blog for wind / kite surfers which is quite successful - that has more to do with the sticky content such as live weather data and streaming cam as well as a well populated for sale section - people can also make their own comments and the like - then when we go away for our winter trips I change the blog to reflect that.

Anyway my daughter is doing her first season as a chalet bitch and I thought what I great idea it would be to do a warts and all blog - but she's nervous that she'll get sacked if they found out - still think it would be a good idea...........

"Today our new clients arrived for the week and what a bunch of knobs etc etc etc - Jim the resort manager on his first season too, can now snow plough after five days lessons etc etc - snow cover still very poor, it's total joke as to what it is being reported on the SCGB site etc etc"
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Would love to here her slaves' opinions on her. What a smug tw*t!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kesone1 wrote:
Would love to here her slaves' opinions on her. What a smug tw*t!

and her employer's opinion. Strange how she doesn't mention the resort or TO Very Happy

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 18-11-11 15:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I liked it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I've already recommended it to a 30 something girl friend who is just leaving for her first season in Courchevel Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sequoiaboard, writing that sort of thing would almost certainly not go down well with TO employers. Hence Belle's reticence.

Weathercam, your daughter would probably get away with it as long as she was reasonably sensible.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
she sounds like a game bird
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Absolute class the most insightfull and accurate blog of a season ever! She is somewher in the 3 Valleys i guess?
latest report
I've just remembered why I don't do chalets (SOPiBs excepted). Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Just wasted a couple of hours reading that, excellent stuff.
snow conditions
Interesting to note that it has a link to Lizzards blog.
ski holidays
Maybe I'm getting old but someone has got too much spare time on their hands
snow conditions
Belle end neige....
Smug tw*t....
Up your own back bottom (not sure what other types of bottom there are, unless we're talking front bottoms in which case, as you've probably gathered, I prefer the word c*nt)

No I don't mention any of the TO's in the blog. Funnily enough, at the time of writing I didn't want to get fired, as I'm sure you can appreciate....just make a few other seaonaires laugh.

If you'd love to hear my slaves' (actually I prefer 'minions' but whatever you like) opinions on me then why not ask them, most of them have read the blog and find it quite amusing. In general I find people love it when you write about them. Even if it's derogatory. Strange fact of life.

Lizzard - thank you for your kind words. We've never met, but your blog continues to entertain and tickle me...

To those who were complimentary - thank you I'm really pleased you've enjoyed reading my ramblings. It's just a bit of fun aimed at giving fellow seasonaires a giggle. To the less complimentary, not quite sure what I've done to deserve such bile (That's kinda why I tend to avoid internet forums.) but there you go, you can't please everyone all the time.

....oh and I have gone nautical but not permanently

Much love

Belle
snow report
Ford, and vice versa. The world is not awash with ski blogs.
snow report
Belle de Neige, I enjoyed it, and lizards. Much prefer reading something that sound natural and in the authors own voice, instead of the usual generic rubbish.
snow report
Belle de Neige, ignore those people... Captured what it's like to be on a season very well IMHO.

Close to home which always makes for an interesting read, as I expect many other people who've done seasons would think.

Props for coming on here. Will there be more good things to come with the blog? I hope so because I'm getting through the back catalogue pretty fast... Wish I'd read it before I went!
ski holidays
Belle de Neige, gosh, that was restrained. Laughing
ski holidays
I reckon she's hot Very Happy

Awesome blog - keep it up please.

'was coincidentally just reading it out to my housemate's gf and my best mate and they thought "part 1" of total f' up was quality. As do I.

To quote my fav series West Wing - mostly out of context but what the hell - "If they're shooting at you, you know you're doing something right." Wink
snow conditions
Split1950, so what do you do with your spare time? Watch telly? Laughing
ski holidays
This is why my blog was/is only available via invite.
1, to stop me getting fired
2, so that people who don't know me and my sense of humour don't get it.

I have followed both of the above blogs and enjoy them a lot.

BTW Just because you think your the coolest guest ever does not make it so.
snow report
"
Quote:

Belle end neige....
Smug tw*t....
Up your own back bottom (not sure what other types of bottom there are, unless we're talking front bottoms in which case, as you've probably gathered, I prefer the word c*nt)

No I don't mention any of the TO's in the blog. Funnily enough, at the time of writing I didn't want to get fired, as I'm sure you can appreciate....just make a few other seaonaires laugh.

If you'd love to hear my slaves' (actually I prefer 'minions' but whatever you like) opinions on me then why not ask them, most of them have read the blog and find it quite amusing. In general I find people love it when you write about them. Even if it's derogatory. Strange fact of life.

Lizzard - thank you for your kind words. We've never met, but your blog continues to entertain and tickle me...

To those who were complimentary - thank you I'm really pleased you've enjoyed reading my ramblings. It's just a bit of fun aimed at giving fellow seasonaires a giggle. To the less complimentary, not quite sure what I've done to deserve such bile (That's kinda why I tend to avoid internet forums.) but there you go, you can't please everyone all the time.

....oh and I have gone nautical but not permanently

Much love

First blog of the new season??
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Belle de Neige wrote:

To the less complimentary, not quite sure what I've done to deserve such bile (That's kinda why I tend to avoid internet forums.) but there you go, you can't please everyone all the time.

Belle

Fair play for coming on the thread.

Perhaps I should have written this instead:

Your 'stories' and 'humour' perpetuate the unfortunate reality of some seasonal workers doing the minimum amount of work to get by.

Most of the people that pay for your play work their back bottoms off in very humdrum jobs 48 weeks of the year to enable them to escape to the mountains for a literal breath of fresh air in their lives.

The least that they deserve is an unforgettable holiday (for the right reasons) in exchange for you and others living the life.

If more seasonal workers had actually paid for a ski holiday before working in the industry they may think differently.

My 2 c worth.
latest report
Yes there will be lots more, bobmcstuff, both snow based and nautical....thanks for reading!

xx
snow report
Belle de Neige, I appreciate that you might have got some stick on here for your blog, i think it's possibly because a lot of members of SH are 'punters'.

Personally i enjoyed your blog.
snow conditions
Pretty good read actually. Not so bothered that I didn't do a season now, I've had enough of telling back bottoms I'll fix their cowdoo problems.
ski holidays
Quote:

Most of the people that pay for your play work their back bottoms off in very humdrum jobs 48 weeks of the year

You prefer 'sucker' to 'punter' then? Laughing
ski holidays
Mike Pow, Speaking as one of those people who works their @ss of most of the year (although not exclusively in order to go skiing. I like to drink also), I find the blog very amusing. How do you know that the punters didn't have an unforgettable holiday? I've been on many chalets holidays, and can confirm that the worse people in any chalet are usually the punters, not the workers. I could write a blog about some of my fellow punters that would make belle's blog look like a love letter. And if you really dislike the log so much, all you have to do is not read it.
snow report
It wasn't an offensive read but I won't be going out my way to click on it again. I don't understand the love that Lizzard's blogging gets either, or why it deserves a new thread every time there's a new post Confused
latest report
Lizzard wrote:
Quote:

Most of the people that pay for your play work their back bottoms off in very humdrum jobs 48 weeks of the year

You prefer 'sucker' to 'punter' then? Laughing

Customer or guest works fine.
snow conditions
Dr John wrote:
Mike Pow, Speaking as one of those people who works their @ss of most of the year (although not exclusively in order to go skiing. I like to drink also), I find the blog very amusing. How do you know that the punters didn't have an unforgettable holiday? I've been on many chalets holidays, and can confirm that the worse people in any chalet are usually the punters, not the workers. I could write a blog about some of my fellow punters that would make belle's blog look like a love letter. And if you really dislike the log so much, all you have to do is not read it.

I'm sure many found it amusing. And many won't see themselves in the stories which makes it more amusing. And the customers are often the worst behaved in a chalet environment.

Having worked as a chalet boy, and worked to the best of my ability, it's frustrating to have to pick up the slack for slackers. The customer deserves better.

And I've had excellent and very poor experiences as a customer in a chalet environment. The poor experiences have been directly correlated with the level 'of give a poo-poo ness' of the chalet hosts.

I read the blog as it was posted as a link on a forum that I frequent daily. I commented on the blog. I thought that was the point of forums.
latest report
Haven't done a winter season but did work in the tourist industry for a couple of summers way back when and must say Belle de Neige's blog certainly rings true for both staff and customers for me!
snow report
i really enjoy this blog wasted a few hours at work with it snowHead
ski holidays
I have to say it really is a top blog, thoroughly entertaining. As has already been mentioned the problem characters encountered in the chalets have been other guests(thankfully only occasionally) rather than the staff, and hey, they do work their butts off for 60 to 80 quid a week.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy