Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Rictor, which length should I buy, help?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Decided to buy some K2 Rictors. Seen good a good offer, hired them a couple times in 160 and loved them.

Now trying to decide whether to buy 

Man
Height 5'  5 in/165 CMS
Weight 74 kg/ 163 lbs

High intermediate to advanced skier. Happy to ski on black runs as long as not
heavy mogul or too narrow/steep. Done a little off piste, will be trying to more. Ski 3 weeks a year in France, 1 week is spring snow.

K2 size guide on weight suggests 167 for intermediate 177 for expert

But on height 160 intermediate 170 expert

Tempted to 167 for better float off piste but In hire shop always had 160. Worried 167 may be more difficult to turn on narrower pistes etc

Any advice?

Rob
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi rob_scriven! Welcome to Snow Heads!

I bought a pair of these last season... I am a wee bit 'bigger' than you... and considerably more 'wider'!! 5'10" , about 100kg. I've got a pair of 176's.
For me these are just lovely! They are responsive on and off piste and 'fit' me just right.
Don't forget that the semi-rocker does shave a few cm off based on a cambered ski (but not that much).
As this is a purchase I would be tempted to 'go long' and grab the 167's.

How much are you getting them for?... I nabbed mine from my local shop that services all of the K2 test skis... so they had been used for about 10 days... €250... I was happy!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy