Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Denver question (airport)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi snowheads,

How long does the immigration/passport control take at DIA these days? Reason I am asking is the last time I was there (in 2005) it took hours, has it improved?

Thanks beforehand.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Season before last it was next to no time and easily the best of the many US gateways I've arrived at. I usually travel at the front of the plane, which probably makes an even bigger difference at an airport with few international flights, because you're not joining the back of the queue from a previous flight. I'm hoping it's the same in January.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That was my home airport the last 3 years, but don't recall the last time I cleared customs/immigration there. Don't recall anyone complaining about it though, so it probably has improved.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've not been to Denver recently, but other trips to the US in the last couple of years (San Francisco, Seattle, Boston) seem to indicate that immigration is actually better these days than it used to be. It's always worth trying to be off the plane ASAP and try and get ahead of the crowd if you can, make sure your forms are filled out correctly (and this is much easier now you don't need to do the green form). In the last few years it has never taken more than about half an hour to get through US immigration.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you so much.

My situation was aggravated by the fact that we landed within minutes of a 747 coming home from Cancun. It was rather amusing (at first it was Evil or Very Mad ) to be standing in the arrivals in the crowd of men in shorts and ladies wearing mini skirts and an odd sombrero... But really, the massive delay was caused by form filling and finger printing.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think the ESTA system has helped a lot. You still have to do finger printing though, and if you get stuck behind a 747-load of people then there's going to be a queue. Depending on what the queues look like it is often worth going for the desks closest the area which is for US Nationals only (assuming you are not a US National that is); once they get done with the locals they will pull the aliens in from that queue in to the US-only desks to speed things up.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh thanks for the tip.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy