Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs advice needed please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads Very Happy

A small group of us are off to Les Arcs for a week and will be staying down near Landry rather than up the mountain as we have before. We have a car and plan to head up the valley each morning to access the slopes from around Plan Peisey. This will allow most of us to access the Les Arcs side or the VE if we want to head over to La Plagne and will allow the one beginner to start her lessons with ESF in Plan Peisey (Please feel free to suggest a better option for lessons!).

I really have two questions: Firstly, where would be the best place to park for the day? Plan Peisey for direct access or would we be better off stopping at Le Villaret and getting the Longzagne 73 lift up? If the later is a better option does anyone know what time the lifts will open as I believe the lessons start at 9.15am in Plan Peisey?

Many thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.skinewgen.com/vallandry/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
orangekss, If outside of Xmas/New Year and half-terms I don't think you will ahve any problems parking, always been spaces when we have been there

There is however a free bus which runs from Landry which may be worth considering?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
orangekss The free bus from Landry, IIRC only runs twice a day.
Don't pratt about with the 'lobster pots' [Longzagne] unless you have to - PITA.
I've never had a problem parking in Vallandry / Peisey. But..... first place to try to park is.. as you go round the 'Vallandry' bend up to Peisey, take the first left up the hill (opposite le petite savoyard) towards the Mont Blanc there are often spaces there, even in busy times. There is a cut-through to the Peisey lift on foot.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nice advice. We are planning a trip via Geneve airport to Les Arcs this March, by rental car. Swiss one I suppose, to get snow tyres etc... But we don't know what to expect with regard to traffic jams and mayhem on the roads. We heard rumours of several hours jam going through Chambery on a Saturday. What could be the expected travel time on a weekday in Feb/March, and what on a Friday/Saturday? Will it make sense to take the smallish road (D1508 I think) along the Annecy lake to Ugine/Albertville, or (preferably, if not jammed) the A41 via Chambery although 40km longer? And the return, just as jammed on Sundays ? Any experience to share would be appreciated. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Obviously February is worse than other times.
Stick to the main roads.
Time your flights so they [or you] arrive at the better times.
Think about a 28E / night room just outside the resort and get up early.

If you go at the 'wrong' time it can be really is sh!te, you probably won't ski on that day, but if you never intended to just stick with it. As for return, you can weigh the outgoing queues on the way in.

In my experience, it's never been a problem, but we do do all of the above.

Hope this helps.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the advice, that's very handy. I will be sure to check out that area for parking.... To be honest we may as well use the car rather than the bus as we can be a little more flexible. Cheers.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We have an apartment in Landry - lovely place near the church. We tend to usually drive up to the funnicular at BSM, the winding road up to PV can make for travel sickies. The navette Landry to BSM is more frequent than the PV route. Also shortest drive is to Monchevin or Le snowHead snowHead Coche - if you want to ski La plagne rather than Les Arc/PV. Send a pm if you want more info. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ian Kenvyn wrote:
We tend to usually drive up to the funnicular at BSM, the winding road up to PV can make for travel sickies.

Blimey, I'm astonished you do that by 'default'. You could have parked and been on the 'Vallandry' by the time you've hit BSM. In times of inclement weather yes, assuming you don't have chains / whatever.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
So there was me trying to suggest another alternative parking just about the peisey lift, and it looks like it's been (being?) built on: -

No 45 on the map just below vanoise hotel - http://www.peisey-vallandry.com/www-plan_planpeisey-581-HIVER-UK-PEISEY_VALLANDRY.html

I didn't see any development when I was there in february - and whilst it was rumoured a couple of years ago that there would be more development on that location, does the map suggest this is actually underway/completed?

Anyone with inside gen? If not then I'll just have to scope it out before xmas
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy